Chapter 44

5 Pieces' Magnae (5)

It’s six in the morning, and 5 Pieces are all at the set to film the final video for their concert. It is the intro video. With cool make-up and outfits the girls are doing what the director tells them. They are walking slowly and coolly towards the camera that goes from their left side to the right, starting to film Hannah and ends with Maria. The background is green, so they can put in effects and background later. The main thing now is to make 5 Pieces look like they own the world.

“Hannah, please do something about this!” Emelia comes out from the changing room with Hannah’s vibrating cell phone in her hand. “You keep receiving calls and texts!”

Hannah first thinks that it is the hospital calling, that something might have gone wrong for Kyung Ho’s recovering. But when she gets the cell phone from Emelia she sees that all the calls and texts are from Honggi. Her worries become irritated instead and she simply turns off the cell phone.

“So, no more irritating vibration,” Hannah says to Emelia and walks away.

Emelia is a little surprised at Hannah’s behaviour at first. Honggi has tried to contact Hannah for some days now, but Hannah has ignored him totally. It will be a little difficult if Hannah will keep avoiding him, because he is after all a member of FT Island, and the two groups are always contacting each other and meet up at times too. It will be hard if 5 Pieces gets some free time from their schedule and decides to maybe go bowling with FT Island; in the end, Hannah and Honggi anyway. Emelia never gets their youngest, but she doesn’t bother to try talk to her.

5 Pieces are in deep trouble when finishing the filming. Though they had hurried so much, they are still late, and the traffic isn’t helping them. The girls head to the saloon to get rid of their concert make-up and to fix their pretty style to be ready for the red carpet at SBS Gayo Daejun.

Wearing a glimmering grey knee-long chiffon dress, Hannah surely feels different than how she normally feels. All of the members are really pretty and even beautifully dressed in their red, blue, light pink, silver and glitter grey dresses. In the van their nervousness is building up because they are late. Maria is panicking because even if she always says ‘important people are late’ she doesn’t mean they are late enough to miss the whole red carpet.

When they arrive a staff member comes up to their car and talks to their manager, first of all asking who they are – since he can’t see 5 Pieces in the back – and after knowing who it is they are told about the situation. They have missed their planned time to head out on the carpet, but it isn’t over yet so the girls will be put in between now at the end.

The girls get ready when they steps out from the van. They look at each other; Hannah asks Maria if her hair is okay and she keeps glancing down at her clothes and beautiful pumps. When being told to get inside, the girls gets inside where the red carpet is and Hannah walks with long steps to keep up with her tall leg members. Her hand goes up naturally in a wave when they stand next to each other to take pictures.

The calmness of their faces is far from how they feel. They are really nervous with all the cameras for reporters around them and fans with their own cameras too, and that they were late hasn’t left their minds as their hearts are still racing. But they look beautiful, and all the cameras catch that.

They are showed backstage.

There are identical tents around the huge area, and they see members of 2PM and Miss A at the area between all the tents where some staff also is standing. Emelia greets them more than happily when following their manager to the tent that 5 Pieces shares with f(x). Their stylists are already there, but now when they got in time for the red carpet there is absolutely no hurry at all. This is why the first thing Emelia does when they have found their tent is to sit down.

Backstage they are just waiting for the program to start. 5 Pieces gets to wear another type of outfit, but nothing special since they won’t perform in it – it is just to not have to wear the red carpet. Just a minute after arriving to the tent, someone looks inside and SNSD’s Tiffany enters. She is happily starting to talk to everyone, saying a lot of things that Hannah isn’t listening to.

Taeyeon comes inside just a few minutes later and she walks straight up to Hannah and stylist Yong Hyun. “Jonghyun and Honggi are talking,” she informs in a low voice. “They are just talking, so don’t worry, but I thought I would tell you anyway.”

Jonghyun and Taemin are the only members from SHINee at the music festival. They are there for a special with other SM Town artists – where only Emelia from 5 Pieces joined in on (she dances shortly with Eunhyuk and some others).

Hannah nods at Taeyeon’s words, deciding to not go there since she does not want to face Honggi. But she can’t stop thinking about it. Taeyeon gives her a pat on the shoulder, saying she will go lurk out what they are saying – like a spy. She then leaves and Hannah doesn’t see her until they are heading out to sit by the stage for the program to begin.

“So here’s what I found out: they talked, and Jonghyun apparently told Honggi to stay away from you unless you confronts him first. Honggi didn’t want to do that since he is desperate to talk to you because you haven’t answered his calls. But they also talked about their own friendship, and it seems like they are friends but still not… I didn’t get that part, but I guess it is they are both angry at each other since… yeah,” Taeyeon says and she gets quiet at the end when she is about to say it is because of Hannah.

Hannah thanks her, but she personally doesn’t walk much further. She hurries back to the tent and asks for a tissue; she has started to get nosebleed. Maria looks inside the tent after she had noticed Hannah turned back, asking what’s going on.

The others goes to fill in the seats for the program that is starting, and some minutes later when the nosebleed has stopped, Maria and Hannah joins them.

The show has already started when the two girls goes to sit with their members. They have missed a little of U-Kiss’ performance, so Hannah quietly sits down to watch it. When Rainbow’s performance starts, it’s just natural for the girls to get uninterested. Maria just watches at first since she is interested in the white outfits – 5 Pieces will also wear white later.

Someone is waving some seats away, on the line in front of the one 5 Pieces sits on. Hannah smiles when seeing its Minhwan and she waves back. Maria waves too when seeing it. Honggi is also sitting there, though he is focusing on talking to Super Junior sitting in front of him. She knew she would meet him at the music festival; her only thought is to avoid him that she even asked Carolina in the morning to help her with it.

They gets quiet when the next performance starts, watching Teen Top. Maria whispers that they are apparently making a comeback soon; that is what the stylists backstage said.

Performance after performance, it is slowly getting boring to just sit there. Hannah can’t sit still for too long; her legs starts to feel weird. When Dal Shabet starts their performance, half an hour in the program, Hannah is about to die. She is very judging, and she doesn’t like the song. She rests her head on Maria’s shoulder, hoping no one will catch her. She just can’t concentrate on the performances. That she had nosebleed before should be lack of sleep and the stress from the music festivals for these three days. Maria keeps whispering to her, though Hannah can’t hear what she says. Emelia is talking to Miss A sitting in front of them and Julia keeps glancing over Maria and Hannah to where Infinite is sitting.

Boyfriend starts their performance and 5 Pieces heads backstage.

While being backstage, it sure will take a lot of time before 5 Pieces will perform. Emelia and Krystal both fall asleep with their heads together while Carolina is walking around being social with other groups. Maria disappears too, but everyone knows that she is wherever MBLAQ’s Mir is. That’s true, because the two of them (Maria and Mir) a little later walks inside the tent for Maria to get her cell phone.

Carolina and Maria a little later goes back to sit with f(x) and the others during After School’s performance. Just to show that they are there. Hannah leans out the tent when they are leaving, smiling and happily nodding when Amber tells her something. But while leaning out like that, Hannah meets someone else’s eyes and she quickly leans in.

She grimaces when realising that the one who was supposed to help her avoid Honggi just left. So instead she moves one of the simple chairs to sit a little hidden behind the clothes by the tent’s other wall. She takes up her IPod to pretend she is busy. But she keeps it on a low volume. She grimaces when hearing his voice ask the people in the tent where Hannah is. Hannah looks up, still hidden, and sees stylist Yong Hyun look at her from a distance. From where he is standing you can see her sit behind the cloth rack. He shakes his head while Hannah begs him with her eyes.

But truth is that no one beside from Yong Hyun had taken notice of Hannah hiding, so when they can’t see her among them they say they don’t know where she is. Honggi leaves, and Hannah can breathe.

“Interesting,” is all Yong Hyun says. He tried to talk to Hannah in the morning about avoiding Honggi around New Year, but she was negative and didn’t want to listen. Yong Hyun knows Hannah, so he still knows she won’t be angry for too long.

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

They are backstage a lot. Hannah gets time to talk to a lot of people; like U-Kiss and G.NA. Though she just some months ago started to actually talk to G.NA and they haven’t exactly met since, it’s no problem to get a conversation starting. 4 Minute’s Hyuna is talking most when she comes to join them.

Arm in arm, Hannah is walking with Amber out from the tent. On the way, a rookie group bows to them when they pass each other. Hannah and Amber giggles to each other a few seconds later; both not used to all the greetings everywhere. They walk inside another tent after peeking in. It’s not many people in the tent as Super Junior are by the stage, but the new boy group EXO as well as SHINee’s Taemin and Jonghyun are there with the managers and stylists, and also some from Infinite.

Infinite greets the two girls politely when they sit down, still arm in arm. Hannah is closest to Jonghyun and the two of them leans closer to each other to whisper so the others won’t hear. Just like friends, it will look like for Infinite, and the others in the tent makes sure to keep up the conversations so they won’t take too notice of the whispering couple.

Not long time later, 5 Pieces changes their clothes to their stage clothes. The concept is ‘white angel’. Hannah is awkward just by the thought of having an angel concept, but the clothes are still very pretty.

The fabric is very thin, so the upper part has several layers while over the legs it is thinner so it gets transparent. But it is extremely beautiful and each dress for the five members is unique and different. Seeing the dress will probably make anyone want to look closer to its details. Hannah’s is short at the front and longer at the back, so she is wearing a pair of white shorts under. It is surely an angelic look.

After getting changed, they walk up to sit in the audience again, this time around one of the tables with U-Kiss behind them. Maria is wild during the hip hop performance. She is jumping like crazy with Soohyun and AJ from U-Kiss.

Next up is FT Island. Julia leans towards Hannah when it starts.

“Honggi has been looking for you backstage like, all the time,” Julia tells. Hannah, without taking her eyes off the performance, leans to Julia.

“I’m good at avoiding.”

It’s true. She really notices people very well. The moment she has seen a member of FT Island backstage she has either turned around or hidden. She has talked to both Minhwan and Jonghun, but all of them have avoided talking about Honggi.

During CN Blue’s performance, Super Junior’s Eunhyuk and Leeteuk are getting ready to interview some artists so there are a lot of artists changing seats and so. 5 Pieces stays around the table. Next to them sits a few members of SNSD and Super Junior, and the girls are listening very well when they do the short interviews. Maria goes over to stand behind Jessica and Sunny to also answer a fast question.

They go backstage a few minutes later to check their make-up for their own performance – in other words; to prepare for their performance. They are repeating the details for each other while getting ready.

Their performance is coming up.

Their hands are put on top of each other, and it surely feels different to see each other in the white clothes. Hannah smiles when looking at her members and Maria is happily taking a jump before taking to word.

“Even if it is awkward as hell and definitely nothing we have done before; today we will be angels. And I want to say all of you that you are all beautiful. Not as beautiful as me but-”

“Maria…” Emelia mutters and the leader looks at her. “You are getting off the topic.”

“Oh, right, well anyway, let us have fun on stage and do what we do best. Who are we?”

“5 Pieces!”

“WHO ARE WE?” Maria shouts with a laugh and just because she gave a laugh the others give a laugh too: “5 PIECES!”

Carolina throws her arms around Julia after their hands have flied up in the air and the girls’ leaves the tent to head towards the stage. They get their microphones and everything and wait for 2NE1’s pre-recorded performance to end.

Hannah closes her eyes and takes a deep breath, holding on to the white fabric that is like a coat when she can hear their remix of [One and Only] start.

The stage gets dark and like a distant dream, Maria sings out loud and long *you are my dream~* while all five members comes down in their white coats (that are hiding their clothes) from the roof. The coats are some meters down and reach the floor first. After that Maria has sung her line so angelic, the remix plays the chorus *tell me how much you like, like, like me* and *tell me when you fell, fell, fell for me* while the girls are reaching the floor.

When the members are all standing on the stage, they open up their coats and drop it on the floor with their fans screaming. The remix is very beautiful, like a ballad R&B remix.

[Carolina] *I’ll keep running for, for, for you

I will keep my head up high

I will hold your hand in mine*

She sings as the girls’ walks some steps forward, but she is barely heard in the microphone. She still gives a smile to the camera before they starts to dance to perform like normally.

[Julia] *There are always guys following me around

They are handsome, they are cute and all*

[Hannah] *But when I see you, you, they all fade away

You are sparkling, being my Bling, Bling*

[Maria] *I am your first love, yours for eternity

Will you love me?*

[CHORUS] *Tell me how much you like, like, like, like me

Tell me when you fell, fell, fell for me

I will be your one and only (oh, oh) One and Only

The only girl for you (it’s me)*

They sing the second chorus too. They are dancing and singing the English song that they even have performed in Europe and in America.

[Julia] *Tell me, what you want, want, want*

[Carolina] *Tell me, who you want, want, want

I’m sure that is me*

[Julia] *I am your girl*

[Maria] *Your dream, the one and only*

The music makes a sudden change and starts to play [I Love You] right away. The girl starts to dance to it happily.

[Hannah] *I giggle like never before (hi-hi-hi)

I don’t know what to do

I blush like never before (ha-ha-ha)

I can’t-*

Hannah makes a stop in her singing and smiles when the audience reacts over that the music is paused.

[Hannah] *I can’t control myself!*

The audience screams over the remix that is starting and the girls are enjoying the performance so much. They just can’t perform this song seriously. They keep smiling and even fans will when watching the performance mention that they have never looked so happy performing a song like with this year’s songs. Maybe because they finally are able to let go of the charismatic stages and show how fun they have up there.

During the song the girls are walking to the stage in the middle. Not until then, Carolina’s microphone starts to work like it should, but she has pulled it off well so far.

At the end of the song Maria sings out *I love you~~* The remix goes even further and the audience screams when Carolina gets up next to Maria and sings the same thing but with a little more power. Maria stops to sing her adlib a few short seconds after Carolina started and a few seconds later, both Maria and Hannah together sings *ah~~~* even more higher and powerful and longer than anyone probably thought they could manage – so the audience shouts as loud as they can too.

The final chorus starts after that and 5 Pieces performs the ending happily.

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

Headline 29th: Fans Thanks Kyung Ho For Helping 5 Pieces In Hard Times

Headline 29th: ‘5 Pieces 日本における (in Japan)’ Airs Episode 3

Headline 29th: Fans Are Entertained By 5 Pieces Never Ending Playfulness Wherever They Go In Japan Program

Headline 29th: 5 Pieces Are Angels At SBS Gayo Daejun And Impresses With Their Vocal Skills

Headline 29th: 5 Pieces Uploads Several Pictures From SBS Gayo Daejun With Other Artists

Headline 29th: The Beauty Of 5 Pieces Seen At SBS Gayo Daejun Surprises Many