Chapter 14

5 Pieces' Magnae (5)

“We are pieces of one-”

“5 PIECES! Hello!” the girls greet the listeners of Carolina’s radio. They are all smiling and Hannah is waving at the cameras filming for the radio.

“Today is a special program, filled with pieces of one,” Carolina is joking. “Three years ago, 5 Pieces made our first debut performance, and for that we are celebrating here on Carolina’s Chinhan Chingu with corners that let you go from three years ago up to now. Let us find out more about 5 Pieces.”

She says the last sentence before a short piece of music is being played and the first corner can start.

“November 7, 2008,” Julia reads out the date.

“With the single [Moon Child], five foreign girls took their first step into becoming icons and idols,” Maria is kindly reading from the paper. “Being the first Europeans to ever debut in Korea, there was a mix of opinions from the citizens. Though we lacked a lot of training and knowledge we did our best, and with the help of our fans we managed to pull through good and hard times.”

Hannah looks like an idiot the way she is sitting with her elbows on the table, head resting on her palms and that smile printed in her face. She remembers when they debuted, and for some reason it feels like it was many years ago yet somehow not.

 

Maria has finished reading, so they are going to talk about their debut times. Carolina looks at the screen in front of her to read out comments from listeners.

“#48754 Jung Ji Na writes ‘I remember the first time I saw [Moon Child] on TV, and I couldn’t take my eyes off you. 5 Pieces knew how to charm the audience even back then’,” Carolina reads and then looks up at her members. “Back then we were only sixteen years old.”

“So young…” Maria says dreamy, making them laugh.

“But we are still young,” Carolina says.

The other members looks weirdly at her and the next second they are all almost talking in mouth on each other. Hannah barely gets out a word before she starts to laugh. It’s not really a secret that the girls think they are old, they have even said in an interview before that they feel old since other groups debuting lately have members younger than them.

“Okay, okay, let’s say like this,” Maria makes them all quiet down, “we are young on looks but old mentally.”

“Is that a good thing?” Hannah asks Julia quietly, but it still is slightly heard on the radio.

“Let’s move on!” Carolina says loudly with an awkward laugh. She glances at her papers. “One of the questions here are … what do we remember the most from our debut time? Julia, what do you remember the most?”

“I remember…” Julia starts to say but bursts out laughing because Emelia looked like she was about to answer before Carolina said Julia’s name and Emelia then glared at Carolina who is like always clueless. “What are you doing?”

“What?” the other members asks and looks at Emelia who calmly says she didn’t do anything.

“Stop interrupting when someone is talking,” Maria tells Emelia without knowing anything and she tells Julia to answer the question.

“What I remember the most-”

“EM!” Maria bursts out just the moment Emelia leans forward and she just manages to give out a sound before being interrupted.

“I just breathed! I didn’t say anything,” Emelia defends herself, but everyone can hear on her voice that she is smiling. Maria still scolds her – on radio – and Emelia ends up apologizing to the listeners in a really low voice.

“What I remember the most from our debut is the feeling when we walked up on the stage,” Julia says, a little faster to not be interrupted. Emelia looks evil when she notices that.

Hannah just nods.

“Oh, the feeling,” Maria says and quickly starts to do some performance with her hand on her chest. “With our fans in front of us, the microphone in our hand, the new feeling…”

“You do know that we had been standing on stage before, right?” Emelia ruins Maria’s dramatically way in to dreamland.

“You really know how to ruin the mood…”

“I liked it when we walked up on the stage and the fans would cheer us on,” Julia goes on, ignoring the couple at the other side of the table. “They also sang along to our song, it made it really fun to perform.”

“That’s a good thing,” Hannah is away in her own thoughts again. It was kind of new when they debuted to get that kind of feeling, but they still get it three years later when going up on the stage with the fans in front of them.

“#94549 Kim Min Young writes ‘hilarious show, I can’t stop laughing, keep entertaining in your way’,” Carolina reads out.

“When we debuted, I can clearly remember how everyone laughed at our mistakes,” Maria keeps talking about the topic. “Even our fans laughed at us…”

They all agree that it was a little fun how they did so many mistakes in the beginning and they admit they have done much better now. They keep talking in their own way about the things listeners bring up and they answers questions that have been prepared. To just simply explain today’s radio, the girls are having fun. They laugh and joke when talking about the past and they also listens to the songs.

Hannah is laughing when [Moon Child] is playing. They all heads up to dance a little to it and Maria overdo to sing her part in it, also Carolina’s part since that was how Carolina performed during that time. The listeners watching the live on internet are having a lot of fun watching and listening to the radio, and those who are just listening can’t enjoy the view but they get to hear a lot of joke from the girls.

They also notice a fun thing. A listener commented that one specific thing has been trending on twitter the whole day, and that specific thing is ‘5piecesanniversary’. And even when the girls go to see if it really is trending at that late hour, IT IS!

5P_PINECESS: Doing radio with my slaves when we saw the hot trend here on twitter. Three years of magic thanks to all our fans <3<3<3<3<3+<3<3<3

5P_HANNAH: Wow! Puzzle is amazing, why isn’t that trending???? Thank you everyone!!!!!

5P_JULIA: I’m still alive ^^ We got a surprise by seeing what is trending on twitter, SO THANK YOU EVERYONE!

The time passes by fast and the ending comes.

“We hope everyone who have listened have enjoyed this time with 5 Pieces Anniversary Special,” Carolina says when the program is coming to an end. “To finish our time together for tonight, we will now listen to a live of our newest song. Here is, [One and Only].”

The girls’ stands up to sing the song and after finishing it they get together to take photos for the web.

In the van on the way home they are all loud, laughing and bringing up some of the topics they had at the radio. But the moment Secret’s [Love is Move] starts to play, they bursts out laughing. Just like that.

“*Love is poof, poof*” Carolina and Hannah sings together, laughing and points at Maria.

“Ya, for how long are you going to make fun of me because of that? Don’t deny you thought they were singing poof too!” Maria sounds angry but they all still makes fun of her.

When they had been filming Best of 5 with FT Island, this song had been playing in a store, and Maria sang *love is poof, poof* instead of *love is move, move* and whenever they have heard this song they have made fun of Maria. Though it had happened when they were divided in teams, Hannah and Emelia were told and they have kept joining the fun of teasing Maria.

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

6:50 AM, 5 Pieces starts the modify recording of their two Japanese songs. They only got about three hours to fix it, but Hannah is still happy. SHINee is there, and by SHINee there is one particular member that is in her mind. They haven’t met since SHINee went to London, so the moment Hannah is done with her part of the recording – the other members have to record it too, so they are far from finish – she leaves to go find her boyfriend.

Hannah sends a text to Jonghyun, asking if he is busy. A minute later she gets an answer where it stands that he can meet up now if she wants, also adding a place. Hannah smiles and hurries up.

Even if their relationship isn’t a secret at the agency, they are still sneaking around a little because they promised that their relationship wouldn’t interrupt their activities. Hannah guesses this is interrupting, because when she jogs towards Jonghyun he takes her hand and leads her up to the roof. There is no one there before four, since the only ones coming there are those who have the time – no one seems to have that anymore.

“Did you miss me?” Jonghyun asks her in a y tone the moment they walk out on the roof. He turns around to give her a kiss. Hannah smiles and puts her arms around him, so when they break the kiss they are still hugging.

“I missed you,” she answers.

They start to talk about what have happened during the week. For Hannah, she shows Jonghyun the pictures of Ace on her cell phone. Jonghyun tells her about his trip to London and he laughs when he sees how badly Hannah wants to go there too. They sit down by the wall on the roof, Jonghyun with his arm around Hannah and keep talking.

Hannah also gets to talk about her worry for the solo performance on their concert.

“I first thought of Britney Spear’s [Crazy], but then I saw the dance of it and thought … I don’t want to do that one, even if I like the song. Then I have thought of [Crazy In Love] by Beyoncé, since I have thought of performing it in over a year already, but then I think … it’s maybe too y. And I find myself wanting to dance, since otherwise it will be too boring, and no one is helping me out with choosing. I spent two hours just yesterday going through internet for a song, but I can’t find it.”

Jonghyun is nodding with his lips pouting. He seems to actually listen to her – which he always is, he is just showing that he is in deep thoughts today.

“So I don’t know what to do,” Hannah finishes, glancing at him.

“Have you asked Hyekyung for help? He has helped you before,” Jonghyun tries.

“He gave me advices, but he didn’t help,” Hannah pouts. “It’s a big deal since it is our first concert ever, and my members all have different opinions on what kind of concept I should have while I am all confused.”

“Hannah,” Jonghyun says calmly in a way that makes her look up at him. “Breathe.”

She smiles, suddenly realising that even if she didn’t say much, the long sentence she said had she said so fast that she had mixed languages in it. Normally she manages to keep to one language when talking to Jonghyun, but it happens that she gets too into what she is saying at times.

“Sorry…” she apologizes.

Jonghyun just smiles and holds his arm tighter around her shoulders. “Have you tried to think of how you can perform the songs you have thought off? Like see which one would make a bigger impression if you performed it?”

Hannah gets quiet, thinking about it.

“Try that,” Jonghyun tells her with a satisfied smile.

“Ah, by the way, when do you have to go back?” Hannah suddenly remembers.

“I don’t know” Jonghyun shrugs his shoulders.

“What if they come look for you?” Hannah wonders. It gets quiet for a few seconds. “If Key goes to look for you, he will look up here the first thing, wouldn’t he?”

Jonghyun suddenly looks a little worried. Key would go to the roof the first thing, since he would guess Jonghyun would be with Hannah and this is the best place to be at. The couple suddenly gets up. Jonghyun reaches the door first and opens it.

“Kibum!” he bursts out, seeing none other than Key heading up the stairs. Hannah freezes behind the door, stopping right in her steps with her eyes glued on Jonghyun.

“I thought you would be here,” she can hear Key say to Jonghyun.

When key turns to head back down, Jonghyun turns to Hannah and he gives her a quick peck before saying he will see her later. He lets her hold on to the door before he rushes after Key. Hannah somehow smiles when she looks down the stairs after him.

Two or three minutes passes before Hannah walks down. She returns to the recording room, just to notice that they aren’t done yet.

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

Headline 07th: 3 Year Special On Carolina’s Radio With 5 Pieces – You Don’t Want To Miss!

Headline 07th: Best of 5! Pieces Airs Episode 14, Special Boy Group With Infinite, B1A4 & Teen Top

Headline 07th: Citizens Are Thankful For 5 Pieces Kind and Helpful Behaviour To Rookie Groups On Best Of 5!