Chapter 30

5 Pieces' Magnae (5)

They are excited to go to Paris. They have been there countless of times, but that is at the airport changing flight from Sweden to Korea. So this is actually their first time really going to visit Paris. Excitement is filled around them and even when they are at the Korean airport they can’t hide their excitement that they are either jumping of hugging.

5P_HANNAH: Europe, are you ready for 5 Pieces? Beautiful city Paris of France is our first stop~~

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

5 Pieces arrives in Paris, France, early Sunday. And the airport is crowded. It is crowded with fans and reporters and it goes wildly when 5 Pieces appears. Hannah in her sunglasses walks very shyly next to Emelia, and all of them look like idols when they walk out the airport with the police around them to them to the van waiting for them.

But it’s no joke, the airport is really crowded. Fans are shouting around them, welcoming them and just blindly screaming.

“This is seriously no joke,” Maria says in the van, all speeded up, “Seriously.”

The way she uses ‘seriously’ is funny so Hannah and Julia are both laughing. They are heading straight to the fan signing that is in a mall. It was supposed to be outside, but since it’s raining they managed to move it inside. The girls change their clothes into the One and Only stage outfits.

While waiting for the time they are sitting in the van outside the mall, wearing the shorts and outfits with a blanket over their legs to not get cold. They are going through the French greeting several of times to remember it. The time for them to walk inside comes, and they are nervously leaving the van. The nervousness makes them unable to get quiet and they keeps talking about how nervous they are, repeating the greeting and what they think it will be like.

But what they expected isn’t even near to what it is like. The fan signing takes part in the middle of the mall, so the elevators are near and from the floors above you can see down to where the fan signing is being held. A round stage has been prepared with a kind of wall at the back that is of 5 Pieces’ [One and Only] CD cover. The picture is huge on the wall.

Yet it looks small with the surrounding. The whole surrounding is filled with fans that are crowding on the first, second and third floor to see 5 Pieces. The security guards from the mall walks with 5 Pieces and the moment 5 Pieces even walks inside the mall, it gets loud in there. The way the fans are screaming reminds them of a big accident where those around screams in shock. It’s that light and clear.

The girls stop by the side of the stage to get their microphones. Hannah smiles at Maria; the whole group is surprised by the people who have come, but their faces don’t look as shocked as they actually are.

On the stage it is a chair with five chairs behind, and 5 Pieces walks up behind them. They take their normal standing order, but they don’t sit down. After more screaming from the people around them, they quiet down when Maria puts the microphone by and slightly breathes in it to make a sound.

“One, two, three,” Maria counts and the group says in chorus: “Bonjour, Nous Sommes 5 Pieces!”

Their greeting in French receives a loud response and each girl says ‘mon nom est (name)’ and each girl receives the same amount of cheer. The English then comes out as Maria tells that they will soon start the fan signing, telling them to wait just a few more minutes.

“It’s crazy,” Hannah tells Julia when they are sitting down, putting the microphones on the tables. Julia nods and says it’s pretty fascinating that there are so many people there and Carolina leans closer to them to add that she loves it – which they agrees on.

Staff are around them, handing over pens and helping Maria to turn off the microphone – which the other members manages to do without help – and they are also placing CDs on the table and so on. Hannah picks up a pen she will use and draws some lines on a piece of paper to make sure it works.

The fan signing starts and Hannah shakes her hands under the table before the first fan walks up in front of her. Hannah smiles, and it isn’t a forced smile. The girls have gotten translators next to them if the fans can’t speak English, but most of them seem to be able to do it when they start.

“I’m from Italy,” a tall female in her twenties says when Hannah is signing the CD for her. “I came all the way here just to meet you. My boyfriend came with me, but he is too shy to admit he is a big fan.”

“Ha-ha, thank you,” Hannah smiles widely at her.

The next person is a younger girl. She is pretty outstanding in her t-shirt with a self-made text for 5 Pieces, and her cheek has been painted with the name too. In her hand she is holding a bag – which also is filled with small pictures of 5 Pieces, and also other artists from Korea. Hannah smiles when seeing her and the girl’s shoulders goes up when she smiles back.

“Hi!” the girl says brightly in a poor English.

“Hello,” Hannah greets her back and also mentions that she likes the outfit.

“You do? I prepared especially to meet you. So you can remember me. Ah, my name is Gabrielle,” she is fast to say and her name she says before Hannah gets to ask for the sign. “It spells with two L and a E. You know, I wanted to go for your concert in Korea in January. But it was sold out too fast. Then me and my friends are planning on going to one of your other concerts, because we have to see your concert. It will be epic. And thank you so much for coming here. It is the best year of my life.”

Hannah is surprised by how much she says, and since the girl’s English isn’t too great, Hannah doesn’t get all of the things she says.

“Could I get to shake your hand?” a boy later asks, reaching out his hand just a few inches from his body to wait for a reaction.

“Sure,” Hannah smiles and takes his hand.

All kind of people appears in front of Hannah. Both boys and girls are crying when they comes up to her (the other members too). Some hands over gifts and wishes them a safe trip in Europe. And the girls notice that there are a lot of fans from other countries that have come too.

“I just… want to thank you,” a crying girl who is around 14 years old says to Hannah and hands over a letter. “Please read it with your members later.”

“I will,” Hannah says kindly to her. “And please don’t cry, it makes me want to cry too.”

“Ah, you can cry, you are pretty even when you cry,” the girl keeps crying. Hannah smiles bigger at her and hands over the CD.

“You are pretty when you cry too,” Hannah tells her in a way that shows she means it. The girl smiles behind the tears and thanks her.

Hannah smiles at the next person coming up in front of her. This is also a teenage girl who nervously is almost staring at Hannah.

“You are shining,” the girl tells Hannah. Hannah gets a little surprised to hear something like that but she smiles at the girl. “I mean… I saw SNSD here in June, and they were shining. I thought only Koreans do that, but… you are shining.”

“I will take that as an amazing compliment,” Hannah tells her and the girl nods, saying she should.

“You are really pretty,” the girl says a few seconds later before going.

Hannah almost leans back when a cry walks up in front of her. The boy is crying wildly when he stops in front of Hannah to get a signed CD.

“Hello,” Hannah smiles at him.

“Huhu,” the boy cries behind his sleeve.

“What’s your name?” Hannah asks him kindly. She has kind of learnt how to be in these situations. He takes a deep breathe to say his name, but has to repeat it a few times before Hannah has written it down. He then stands there and crying while watching her signs the CD for him. Hannah smiles when she looks back up at him to hand over the CD. He looks like he cries even more when she smiles at him.

The next boy doesn’t cry. “I bet everyone have told you already, but thank you so much for coming here. I am a student, so I don’t have money to go all the way to Korea.”

“I’m glad to be here,” Hannah tells him.

“And I really love your music. It has helped me go through my parent’s divorce,” he tells her.

“Really?” Hannah sounds surprised and looks up at him.

“Your music has helped a lot of people, I know that,” he tells her in a kind of desperate tone. “Please don’t stop.”

Hannah smiles at his words. “As long as we have fans, we aren’t planning on stopping,” she tells him and hands over the CD. “Thank you.”

One of the shocking comments Hannah receives during the fan signing is a girl who says ‘I bet you have turned many girls’ lesbians’… Hannah didn’t know how to react on that, but Julia later laughed at her since she had heard it.

The fan signing ends after a successful time and the girls heads straight to the next place they will be at. This is their first fan meeting, where they will perform and answer questions. Backstage, the girls meets a woman who is a fan and also responsible for the meeting. She has fixed most of the things for this meeting and she even has – with help from Puzzle – fixed some food for the girls backstage.

Fans are arriving, and from backstage the girls can hear the place fill up by the stage.

Five minutes before it will start, 5 Pieces can clearly hear the loud chatting from the fans. Languages they don’t know mixed together, not just from France – though mostly.

“Are you ready?” the woman who will be kind of like a MC at the event. She is a France representative from Puzzle, so she will talk in both French and English.

“Ah, I’m getting nervous when you say that,” Maria laughs and the woman does the thumb up before she says she will go out and introduce the music videos they will show.

The girls are quiet when they hear the [Moon Child] music video starting out there and the loud cheer from the audience is clearly heard backstage. Carolina laughs when she hears it and the girls are fooling around to their debut song to soften up a little. The whole music video is showed before they show a short clip of [Once Upon A Time], [Original] and [I Love You] before the final full music video of [One and Only] is showed. Towards the end the girls are waiting next to the stage in the shadows, holding the microphone in their hands and nervously looking at each other. They have enjoyed hearing the audience’s reaction to the music and even singing along.

The music video ends with the fans screaming and the actual performance can start. The girls takes one final big breathe before the music starts and Emelia rushes first out, singing *baby, baby my boy* and the audience is screaming so loudly. The girls are on the stage together, singing the song life in front of their European fans that are cheering them on.

They sing the chorus with the audience singing along just like the fans does in Korea. Carolina sings her part loud and clear, showing how excited she is.

[Julia] *There are always guys following me around

They are handsome, they are cute and all*

Then Hannah steps up to do her part. *But when I see you, they all fade away. You are sparkling, being my Bling, Bling* And something that is screamed makes Hannah almost fall forward when moving position. Someone in the audience screams loudly “SHINEE!” But she doesn’t fall and she is pretty sure no one notices it.

They pull off a pretty good performance. Because of being nervous, Hannah hears her own voice waver a little and Maria does an extra adlib that gets a big shout as reaction. But they finish the song and the moment it ends staff brings up chairs for them and the MC woman comes up on the side.

“Amazing, don’t you think?” the MC asks in French and the audience screams wildly.

If they scream for what the woman said or that Carolina ran over the front of the stage back and forth to get a bottle of water, they don't know. The girls sit down with the audience still screaming. Some are just shouting while others are actually shouting a name or words.

“If you quiet down, we can start the interview,” the woman says. But some still won’t get quiet so Maria puts the microphone to her lips and whispers for them to please be quiet. The girls’ laughs at her whispering in English while the audience screams, but they gets quiet after that for it to start. “We are here with 5 Pieces, everyone!”

“WOOOOA!” the audience screams.

Carolina hits her hand in the air too of excitement.

“Welcome to 5 Pieces’ first fan meeting here in Paris, their first European meeting!” the woman says and waves her hand for the cheer to get louder. Julia does it too and smiles when hearing someone scream her name. “And 5 Pieces, welcome to our beautiful city and country!”

“Thank you,” the girls says in their microphones and they then do their introduction like they have practiced.

“As I have heard, you girls have many times been changing plane at the airport, but this is your first time actually visiting Paris,” the MC says in English.

“It is our first time in Paris,” Carolina answers. “And I don’t know if it is the amazing welcome we have gotten, but ever since we arrived we have been really enjoying it. Paris is so beautiful!”

The audience cheers by her pretty English and Carolina knows it.

“I must say, that all your fans from France are happy that this is the first country you are visiting in Europe like this,” the MC says to the girls. “We all know you will go to different countries in Europe, and we are thankful for coming here today.”

Hannah is like always just the one who sits and smiles and nods.

“When fans heard that 5 Pieces was going to release an international single and you were going to be on Ellen DeGeneres Show, all the European fans were like ‘no! what about us then? Europe exists too’, so we are extremely happy that 5 Pieces are taking so much notice of Europe. And also, fans of other kpop groups are thanking you for letting the kpop idols know they have fans in Europe too,” the MC goes on.

“They know they have fans over here already,” Carolina says and kind of winks with the audience. She loves fan service.

“But we are helping them,” Maria flirts too and gets a loud response for the way she says it. The diva. Hannah and Julia sitting on the further side are both giggling just with each other.

“So the thing we want to do here today,” the MC says, “is to get to know 5 Pieces a little closer. We have questions that fans have written on Puzzle homepage and we have prepared some other things too. Are you ready to start?”

“We’re ready,” Maria answers and again Hannah just nods. She laughs a little when the audience screams again.

“NUGA JEIL JAL NAGA (who is the best)?” someone in the audience at the back suddenly screams loudly over the others.

Maria is fast to react; “Naega jeil jal naga (I am the best)!” and she also does the cool dance move from 2NE1’s [I Am The Best]. They laughs at her reaction while Maria asks the fan at the back, pointing at him, if he likes 2NE1.

“YES!” he answers from the back and someone else answers too.

“Me too,” Maria says and does the thumb up, getting a loud scream from the audience. She laughs and smiles at the MC to let her continue.

“I think I’ll take this question first since a fan at the back already brought it up,” the MC says, meaning the 2NE1 craze that just passed. “For 5 Pieces, are you interested in any of the groups that have debuted after your own? Not from SM.”

“After our own debut?” Carolina asks and they are all wondering about it. Julia asks her what she means.

“Is there a group that has debuted after you in Korea that you keep an eye on, that are interesting?” the MC asks.

“Ah…” Hannah says, causing some laughter.

“2NE1,” Maria answers and smiles at the reaction, “whenever they are making a comeback I think most the whole world wonders what they will come out with. They are interesting, and just like me; naega jeil jal naga.”

“I choose 2NE1 too,” Hannah puts her hand up.

They go on, talking and answering questions. Carolina stands up when someone screams ‘Emelia’ when it is Carolina who is talking. A little later they are also told to do requests from fans. Each member will do one thing that fans have requested, ‘thing we love’ it is called.

“Let us start with the leader, Maria,” the MC says and Maria puts her fingers under her chin, showing off her princess confidence again. “Fans love to hear you sing. Is there a song that you have been singing lately that you maybe can sing a bit for us?”

“Oh… I thought you all wanted to see me dance, but I can sing for you,” Maria says and she smiles when the audience shouts. “Since I have already talked a lot about 2NE1, I won’t sing one of their songs. Instead … I will sing an English song. Ok… here I go.”

She sings Miley Cyrus [When I Look At You].

*Yeah, when my world is falling apart

When ther's no light to break up the dark

That's when I, I, I look at you*

And if someone can sing this song beautiful in a cover, it is Maria. The audience knows it too as they screams loudly after that she has sung it. Hannah claps her hands too.

“Next one is Hannah,” the MC says. “Everyone here will probably see your y dance.”

Hannah laughs when she hears it. It is actually the first time she has been requested to do that. Since the audience cheers for her, Hannah stands up. She puts away the microphone but picks it up to ask if she will get any music.

“We’ll make music,” Maria is fast to say and she sings; *yeah, come on, y*

Emelia is fast to cover Maria’s mouth while Hannah hurries over to her to hit her and the audience laughs at Maria’s cheap way to create a y song.

“We’re sorry for that,” Julia apologizes.

“No music then,” Emelia says when Hannah takes a place again. She is embarrassed and asks her members what she should do. Maria suggests a wave, and she actually shows a wave with her hand – which looks awkward – that makes the audience laugh. Hannah thinks she will die soon because of this.

“One, two, three,” Carolina counts and Hannah does a wave. The scream gets loud and someone even whistle for her. Hannah hurries back to her seat and hides behind Julia who is laughing.

“Oh y lady,” Maria jokes and Emelia covers again because… it just sounds so wrong when Maria says that in English. The audience seems to love it though.

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

Headline 03rd: 5 Pieces’ [One and Only] MV Hits Most Views & Most Popular For November On Europe MTV

 

Headline 04th: Crowded Airport Filled With Fans Welcomes 5 Pieces To France

Headline 04th: 5 Pieces Brings More Than 12,000 European Fans To The First Fan Meeting In Paris