Chapter 34

5 Pieces' Magnae (5)

Honggi drives up outside the apartment building and Hannah come out. Honggi is smiling when Hannah sits down on the passenger seat and he asks if she had fun with her friends the day before. Hannah just gives him a look; she knows that he knows it was SHINee that came over yesterday.

“It was fun,” she simply tells him. “What do you want to do?”

Honggi smiles brightly and shows his hand to her in the air; waving with his fingers to her while Hannah looks just clueless. Honggi drives with a smile while Hannah asks what he means. “Honggi, tell me, where are we going?” she asks with a smile and pushes his arm.

“Can’t you guess if I do this?” Honggi asks and shows his hand again, waving his fingers. Hannah sighs. She doesn’t like to guess, which Honggi seems to know as he laughs. “Nails, Hannah.”

“Nail care?” Hannah asks and smiles when she sees Honggi’s face. “You seriously need to get another hobby.”

“You don’t want to do it?”

“I want. Or, my nails need some care,” Hannah answers and looks at her nails with a sigh and Honggi smiles at her.

When sitting and getting their nails done, the two of them are happily chatting. They are both like housewives; gossiping while getting their nails done. Well, they are more like talking than gossiping since they can’t gossip too much around other people since the people they have gossip about are celebrities.

“So Maria will also be active as a solo artist next year,” Honggi is nodding when they are back in the car. Hannah nods.

“Maria is at a meeting now about it, so she will debut as a solo artist next year, and Emelia will be active solo as well but in Japan.”

“And Julia is filming We Got Married,” Honggi chuckles. Hannah smiles at him. She just can’t help but to tell everything about her members to him; what they are doing and such. “Carolina has her radio. Then what are you doing?”

“Are you making fun of me or something?” Hannah looks surprised after hearing the way he says what the other members are doing.

Honggi laughs at her. “You noticed that?” Hannah hits him on the arm again, pouting while he laughs. “I’m just joking with you.”

“It’s not fun,” Hannah keeps pouting and looks out the window. Honggi keeps smiling and taps her on the shoulder, saying that they can hang out more if she isn’t busy with other things. Hannah just grimaces at him. “I like having things to do, you know.”

“And you know that is not what I mean,” Honggi tells her. Hannah keeps looking at him, and several seconds later she gives out a sigh. Honggi glances at her and chuckles when seeing that she is still looking at him. “What?”

Hannah pouts with her lips, still looking at him and Honggi smiles when she doesn’t answer. “What is it?” he asks her again and with a glance at the road he puts his hand under Hannah’s chin, holding on to it. “Are you stuck by how handsome I am?”

Hannah who had spaced out wakes up and she takes away his hand and laughs, revealing that she has started to space out quite often lately. Just those words, the way she says it, makes Honggi ask if it is something troubling her. She shakes her head but avoids looking at him. After being good friends for such a long time, it is often hard to hide things from each other. Well, Hannah has never been good at hiding things.

“Hannah…” Honggi says in a low voice.

“It’s nothing,” she is fast to tell him before he can continue. When their eyes meet she quickly looks away. Honggi keeps glancing at her even if she manages to drop the subject without him being too stubborn, and he drives her back to the apartment without a word about it. They talk about other things instead.

Truth is that Hannah is deadly worried about Kyung Ho. She can’t go visit him and he doesn’t call, and another surgery is coming up. She wants him to get better, but since she isn’t the one who decides that she doesn’t know what to do.

Hannah starts to pack her bag when she returns to the apartment. All the other members are out, either having a schedule or they are with friends. After Carolina’s radio in the evening they will head to Japan for the weekend schedule, and they have taken a glance at the schedule and they know it will be a lot of things pressed together in three days.

While walking around and packing – mostly in her room – Hannah is checking her cell phone every other second because she is texting some of her friends. She is just sending another text when the doorbell rings. With a hesitate she walks up in front of the door, peeking out in the hole to see who it might be. It wouldn’t be the first time a fan had sneaked inside the building, so she has been told to never open the door for strangers.

But Hannah smiles when she sees the one on the other side of the door and she unlocks it, smiling even more brightly when opening the door.

“What are you doing here?”

“Meeting my girlfriend, what else?” Jonghyun answers with a smirk and steps inside to kiss her. Hannah gives a giggle when putting her arms around him, not breaking the kiss. Jonghyun closes the door behind them with a simple hand gesture and then with his hands at the back of Hannah’s waist she holds her tight to him.

“I love that smile,” Jonghyun whispers when they have broken the kiss and he looks at her. Hannah has a shy smile and her whole face expression is what she often makes when Jonghyun is there. And from what he has seen, she has never had that expression around anyone else. It is y yet innocent, and it shows that she really likes him – in his eyes that is, though Hannah doesn’t know what it means even if she admits she likes him A LOT.

Hannah watches Jonghyun take his shoes off, and at the same time she asks what he is doing here. Because just a few minutes ago there were texting each other, and he didn’t tell her that he was coming.

“I came to get you,” Jonghyun answers happily and they walk inside together. “I offered myself to get you instead of your manager, and when you are ready we will head to the agency.”

“Ah,” Hannah says and smiles over her shoulder at him. He takes her hand and Hannah squeezes it before letting go when she enters her bedroom to finish packing. Jonghyun sits down on the bed next to the bag, watching her finish packing.

Hannah is fast to finish packing and the two of them heads back to the agency. They leave the car and hand in hand they leave the basement garage and heads up inside the agency building.

“EM just arrived,” Hannah says after seeing the text message from her member.

She glances up at Jonghyun who nods and shyly she looks down. He knows the reason since he can feel how she holds on to his hand. It’s not often they hold hands, even if they have been together for over a year. Hannah is awkward about it, but Jonghyun is confident and he won’t let go of her hand even when people walks by them. Everyone at the agency knows about them already, so it is no secret there.

“Yo,” Emelia greets them coolly when they walk inside the recording room. She is sitting in the sofa, hugging her cardigan and looking very comfortable. Also in the room are the other members of SHINee and people working on the songs, and when seeing everyone Hannah is shyly hiding her and Jonghyun’s hand behind Jonghyun’s back. He smiles at her.

Half an hour passes in there. SHINee is recording new song for their comeback while Hannah and Emelia are just watching, listening and chatting in the background. Hannah is looking through comments on their Japanese PV making that aired at the beginning of the week. A lot of people are commenting at how confident Hannah seems to be about the Japanese, compared to the Korean. Hannah admits that she is seen more in these making of than other videos, but she knows that she was filmed just as much as the other members.

“Nabi,” Jonghyun says in a low voice to Hannah when he comes over to them. She moves over a little to make space for him to sit next to her and the moment he sits down she naturally puts her arm around his and rests her head on his shoulder.

It looks so natural when they do it that producer/song-writer Hyekyung glances at Onew and the two of them smiles.

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

“The hullabaloo behind me here at the international airport isn’t hard to understand,” the Japanese reporter is saying to her camera. Behind her, fans are loudly screaming. “The five now world known celebrities that within minutes will come out here on the airport have become a hot topic in Japan with their debut single [I Love You]. Even before, thanks to their activities in Korea, this group has been very popular in Japan without having any promotions here before. This is the group’s first official promotion in Japan and the many fans that have waited for their arrival can clearly be seen behind me. Are you also excited to see what the group will bring to Japan?”

The noise behind her gets louder and the woman turns around and shouts that they are arriving. Along with fans and other reporters the woman manages to come through to the small path that has been created by the police. They can’t get close enough to ask any questions, but the cameras catches the five foreign girls passing by in their daily clothes, looking very chic even if their clothes are ordinary.

5 Pieces has arrived in Japan.

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

Headline 15th: FT Island’s Honggi Uploads A Picture Of His & His Female Friend New Nail Art They Got Together

Headline 15th: Fans Begging Honggi To Tell Who The “Female Friend” Is

Headline 15th: 5 Pieces Makes A Loud Arrival In Japan For Their Short Promotion Visit