Chapter 45

5 Pieces' Magnae (5)

SBS Gayo Daejun has ended and 5 Pieces is back in the practice room. They have more to practice for KBS Gayo Daejun. They will perform both [I Love You] and [One and Only], two new remixes they have to practice for this night and then it is the cover of [Come On Over]. They also get to try on the outfits for their cover song to make sure everything is as it should for the morning’s pre-recording.

Even if they are tired from the earlier day’s schedule and lack of sleep, the girls are seriously practicing. They know they won’t get enough practice later for it and they still have details in both choreography and stage to remember. They go through the songs over and over again, going through the details of the new steps to learn it and they look at the practice videos they film to see how it looks.

They practice until their legs are numb, hours later. By then it’s already morning and the girls are tiredly leaving. Hannah and Maria are walking with their arms together, walking tiredly and supporting each other. Hannah has to make sure they don’t walk in the wall or door because Maria has her eyes closed.

“Han,” Emelia mutters and reaches her arm over Hannah’s shoulder with a cell phone in her hand. “It’s for you.”

Hannah pouts and takes the phone to her ear, asking who it is. Because she is so tired she almost wants to give out a cry when the person tells her they need to talk. She simply just hangs up and hands back the cell phone to Emelia to take it. She doesn’t see that Emelia and Julia behind them give each other a glance.

“That was fast,” Emelia mentions when taking the cell phone.

“I won’t talk to him, EM,” Hannah sighs.

They get in the van and Hannah can see how Emelia is texting Honggi on her cell phone. It makes her grimace and she lazily puts her earphones over her ears to listen to music and she closes her eyes. She can feel her heart beat faster when she thinks of that it’s just seven days left for their concert, and tomorrow is the last day of 2011. She feels they don’t have enough time, both for New Year and the concert. She needs to calm down and not panic; like her members always says “take one step at a time”.

5 Pieces arrives at KBS for the rehearsals. Since they are a little early they are showed to their dressing-room where they will wait for the rehearsal to begin. Compared to the day before, the girls are exhausted. All of them are fast to fill up the sofa to sit down and Carolina who had fallen asleep in the van goes back in sleep now. All of them close their eyes, though it’s only Carolina who falls asleep – Maria is close to it.

The rehearsals are finally starting. It took some time, but it does start.

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

The rehearsals have ended and 5 Pieces are resting in their room. More like sleeping, since this is their only chance to sleep. Hannah almost falls asleep, but at least she is resting. She is sitting in the with her legs on a chair in front of her; Carolina is sleeping next to her with her head resting on Hannah’s shoulder and legs closed like a ball on the sofa. Maria is almost lying down, leaning towards Emelia who is sitting on a chair by the sofa. Maria’s legs are lying over Carolina’s and reaching all the way to Hannah’s legs. They look like they are posing for a photo in how they are cutely lying together, crowding on the sofa. But that’s just four members, so where is the fifth?

Julia had been sleeping on another chair, but when she glanced around to see if anything in the room has changed – to see for how long she has been sleeping – she smiles when seeing the other four members’ positions. She can’t help but to take a photo of them, which she later uploads on their blog.

Hannah wakes up a few minutes later. She smiles too when seeing the other three. Julia is half asleep now and stylist Mi Young smiles at Hannah. Hannah sits still for several minutes, feeling her whole body being numb from sitting the same for so long. Carefully she gets up, careful to not wake the others up, and she follows Mi Young outside to go to the bathroom.

“When we get back to the room we should start get ready,” Mi Young tells Hannah when they walk inside the bathroom. Hannah nods and yawns for answer.

While being in there, the unlucky Hannah gets a nosebleed again. Mi Young grimaces at it, saying that it isn’t a good sign. Three years together, Mi Young knows that when Hannah lacks sleep or is getting sick, she gets a nosebleed. They know that today the reason is lack of sleep. But it isn’t a big deal, since it can happen now or then as a warning. It just means Hannah has to sleep when she gets time.

So a few minutes later they leave the bathroom, since the nosebleed has stopped by then. Emelia is up walking when they come back to the room and the girls are getting ready for the program to start.

The first outfit is a high school concept. The reason for the concept is that 5 Pieces graduated from high school this year; so it is kind of a way to say goodbye to high school. Wearing a skirt and knee-socks is really adorable for the girls since in Sweden they don’t have school-uniforms.

Just in time for KBS Gayo Daejun to start, 5 Pieces joins the other artists behind the stage, ready to walk up when being introduced like they did during the rehearsals. All artists have their own flags with their name on, and 5 Pieces’ purple flag is being held by one of their back up dancers.

One after one the artists are being introduced up to the stage. Girls’ Generation and Wonder Girls are first, followed by CN Blue and B2ST. The girls are waiting for their turn in their school uniforms and they are happily getting more and more excited to get out on the stage.

“The light of girl power is the girl-group, 5 Pieces!” the man’s voice echoes when 5 Pieces walks out on the stage. Maria does a salute with her hand when they walk out while Hannah waves to the cheering and waving audience. They take their positions and hear the other artists being called up on stage. The MCs are introduced last and after that they have talked everyone heads backstage again.

Somehow, Hannah finds herself walking with Yoona and Hyoyeon, laughing on their way to the rooms. They stop in the corridor to look at the performances showed on the screens out there. First out: Infinite. So of course they all stop to watch. They even sing along a little. Super Junior’s Yesung stops to watch with them too.

After Inifnite’s performance, Hannah walks back to the room and with her members they go through the choreography and warm up their voices.

5 Pieces is standing by the stage when Lee Seunggi and Kim Hyunjoong finish their performances. The moment the music stops the girls runs up on stage to change position with Seunggi and they have just taken their positions when [Come On Over] starts to play.

Song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49CQ6yx9y3s

[Julia + Hannah] *Come on over, come on over, baby ([Maria] mmm)

Come on over, come on over, baby ([Maria] ooh yeah)*

[Emelia + Carolina] *Come on over, come on over, baby ([Maria] yeah, yeah)

Come on over, come on over, baby ([Maria] yeah, yeah)*

The girls started to dance the moment they started to sing and first up for solo part is Julia. For their cute, school girl concept the girls are having a very ordinary dance, but it is extremely charming.

[Julia] *Hey, boy, don't you know

I've got something going on (yes, I do)

All my friends are gonna come gonna party all night long, ooh yeah*

[Carolina + Maria] *I know, you know, I just want us to go

The fun we'll have you'll never be alone*

[Carolina] *So boy, won't you come we will party 'till the dawn

Listen to me...*

 

[CHORUS, ALL]

*(All I want is you) [Julia] come over here baby

(All I want is you) [Hannah] you make me go crazy

(All I want is you) [Emelia] now baby don't be shy

[Carolina] You better cross the line

I'm gonna love you right all I want is you*

 

During Hannah’s part in the chorus she is slightly touching her head by the ‘crazy’ part and she smiles at the camera in front of her. She has loved this song for many years and she is extremely happy to perform it with her members.

 

[Julia + Maria] *Come on over, come on over, baby ([Carolina] ooh)*

[Emelia + Hannah] *Come on over, come on over, baby ([Carolina] oh yeah)*

 

[Hannah] *I want you to know you could be the one for me

Yes, you could ([Julia + Carolina] yes, you could)*

[Maria] *You've got all I'm looking for you've got personality, ooh oh*

Hannah and Maria are making use of their cute iness that they both have worked on together and they can hear some louder support from the audience when they helps out during each other’s parts. Though a lot of fans will use it as a ‘couple moment’, it is more like simple fan service for the girls.

5 Pieces really knows what the fans love, even if they don’t personally know it. Their voices are working the song, their bodies are working the choreography and even their English is charming. How Emelia still has this cool charm, Hannah has this magnae charm and Maria has her diva charm. Julia has an adorable charm and Carolina has a charm that surprises many. They are all different, but together they can really work it.

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

Performances passes and while watching some of them from backstage, Hannah also practices in their room with her members so they won’t forget anything and also takes some pictures with her friends.

5 Pieces have changed their outfits into either white or violet dresses. They look very elegant in the clothes, but not until the second part of the music festival is starting they will perform it. So when the second part starts, the girls have already met all the other artists, greeted them twice and talked to their friends. Now, they are occupying the corridor to watch the second part start. DJ Koo starts it and everyone is hypnotized while watching it. F(x)’s Amber calls him magician while Maria says his performance is art. Both of them are right for Hannah, because it is a magical performance filled with art. Amber then leaves for their remix performance, though she comes back some minutes later.

Close after that, 5 Pieces stands with members of SNSD. Both groups have their elegant dresses on, and if 5 Pieces hadn’t been foreigners they could look to be in the same group.

They all walk up on the stage together. Hannah is standing between Jessica and Sooyoung when they have taking their positions, being more on the left side as only Tiffany and Carolina are on their left while the other members of both groups are on the right. Michael Jackson’s [Heal The World] starts to play (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzDft0DZRUw).

[Hannah] *There's a place in your heart
And I know that it is love*
[+ Jessica] *And this place could be much
Brighter than tomorrow.*

Hannah starts to sing softly and looks at Jessica when they sing together, both of them smiling at each other.

[Sunny + Emelia] *And if you really try
You'll find there's no need to cry
In this place you'll feel
There's no hurt or sorrow.*

 

[Seohyun + Sooyoung] *There are ways to get there
If you care enough for the living
[+ Julia] Make a little space, make a better place.*

 

Chorus, [Maria + Carolina + Taeyeon + Jessica]:
*Heal the world
Make it a better place
For you and for me and the entire human race
There are people dying
If you care enough for the living
Make a better place for
You and for me.*

The two best vocalists of both groups sing the first chorus beautifully together. Hannah is looking over the audience when her part comes next.
[Hannah] *If you want to know why
There's a love that cannot lie
[+ Seohyun] Love is strong
It only cares for joyful giving.*

Someone in the audience gives out a shout when the two youngest members sings together and even if Seohyun is standing second on the right side, the two of them look at each other for a second during their part.

[Jessica + Carolina] *If we try we shall see
In this bliss we cannot feel
Fear or dread
We stop existing and start living*

 

[Julia + Emelia] *Then it feels that always
Love's enough for us growing
[Hyoyeon] Make a better world, [+ Julia] make a better world.*

Chorus, [5P + SNSD]:
*Heal the world
Make it a better place
For you and for me and the entire human race.
There are people dying
If you care enough for the living
Make a better place for
You and for me.*


[Tiffany] *And the dream we would conceived in
Will reveal a joyful face
[Hannah] And the world we once believed in
Will shine again in grace
[Taeyeon] Then why do we keep strangling life
Wound this earth, crucify it's soul
[Carolina] Though it's plain to see, this world is heavenly
[+ Taeyeon] Be God's glow.*

[Maria] *We could fly so high
Let our spirits never die
In my heart I feel
You are all my brothers*

 

[Julia + Hannah] *Create a world with no fear
Together we'll cry happy tears
See the nations turn
Their swords into plowshares*

 

[Sooyoung + Carolina] *We could really get there
If you cared enough for the living
[Tiffany + Yuri] Make a little space to make a better place.*

Chorus, [5P + SNSD]:
*Heal the world
Make it a better place
For you and for me and the entire human race
There are people dying
If you care enough for the living
Make a better place for
You and for me.*

Chorus, [5P + SNSD + Choir]:
*Heal the world
Make it a better place
([Taeyeon] Ah)
For you and for me and the entire human race ([Hannah + Maria] Oh)
There are people dying
If you care enough for the living
Make a better place for
You and for me.*

[5P + SNSD + Choir] *There are people dying if you care enough for the living
Make a better place for you and for me.
There are people dying if you care enough for the living
Make a better place for you and for me.*

Jessica sings the last part above this a little higher than the others. Maria sings also a little higher at times.

[5P/SNSD] *You and for me ([Choir] Make a better place)
You and for me (Make a better place)
You and for me (Make a better place)*
[Choir] *You and for me ([5P/SNSD] Heal the world we live in)
You and for me (Save it for our children)
You and for me (Heal the world we live in)
You and for me (Save it for our children)
You and for me (Heal the world we live in)
You and for me (Save it for our children)
You and for me (Heal the world we live in)
You and for me (Save it for our children)*

The song ends after the beautiful voices giving their all to send out the message from the lyrics. Hannah gives a small smile and bows before walking with the others off the stage. Jessica taps her on her on the way off the stage and Hannah is fast to take her hand out of embarrassment. They did an amazing job, their managers tell them.

Both groups change their clothes after going backstage. 5 Pieces get ready for their final performance; their own songs. They love today’s concept and Carolina is happily jumping around in her thick socks that they used for their [I Love You] activities. It belongs to their pyjamas concept, so the socks that were so popular when 5 Pieces made their comeback are really comfortable to wear. The girls are falling in love in them over again.

Today’s pyjamas concept is really cute and Hannah loves her two fluffy pigtails that lets her hair hang down on each side of her face. Mi Young has done a really great job with it that Hannah can’t help but to take a picture of it just like she did in her high school outfit before.

On the way to the stage later, Hannah walks with Maria. Of course they didn’t forget to do their normal cheer before leaving the dressing-room. The two of them are complimented by members of B2ST and MBLAQ when they pass each other in the corridor and later also by T-ara. When they had walked by MBLAQ, Mir couldn’t help but to play around by girly doing the dance of [I Love You]. Yoseob had joined him and Maria started to dance as well because she is just like them. Hannah just laughed and did the thumb up, saying they were good.

It is then 5 Pieces turn and when all the back-up dancers heads up on the stage in the pyjamas clothes the audience is screaming. Somehow, they already know who will perform even before the talking MCs on the side have introduced them. Hannah runs up to her position behind the back-up dancers with her members, smiling when glancing at Emelia next to her.

The introduction goes and the performance can start. Hannah is standing in a cute pose, having her hand by her chin. It starts off as a dance remix of [I Love You]. Carolina dances first from their right side and then Emelia second from the left, then Hannah in the middle, Julia on Emelia’s other side and finally Maria. Along with the beat of the remix the girls’ takes one step, two steps forward to pass the dancers before they starts to dance and Hannah starts to sing right away.

*I giggle like never before*

They perform the song in their pyjamas outfits. At the end of the song during the chorus, the song starts its remix again. This time it sounds more like a party remix as in the middle of *I lo- lo- love you* it starts to repeat *lo- lo- lo- lo-* over and over again while the music gets into the remix and the girls starts to jump around and dance wilder than before with back-up dancers surrounding the stage. The audience screams over the remix and their scream gets louder when they hear the remix of [I Love You] becoming another song; [One and Only].

The remix of the new song plays Emelia’s beginning *baby, baby my boy* while everyone is dancing around. In the pyjamas outfits it reminds as a pyjamas party with all the friends having fun in the living-room to the music playing. Hannah laughs when half dancing half jumping and she gets eye contact with one of the dancers. To dance in socks is just as difficult as dancing in heels; but with socks it just gets so slippery. Carolina slips two times without falling while you can’t see if the others do it.

The girls are doing a party remix of the chorus, dancing more than singing before they sing to the rest of the song with many in the audience following along.

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

Headline 30th: Julia Shows Concern For The Tired Members Sleeping Backstage At KBS

Headline 30th: 5 Pieces’ Shows Off Their Popular Pyjamas Concept On KBS Gayo Daejun

Headline 30th: SNSD & 5 Pieces’ Performs Michael Jackson’s “Heal The World” With Perfect Harmony

Headline 30th: 5 Pieces’ Cover Of Christina Aguilera On KBS Gayo Daejun Proof Their “Cover Group” Status

Headline 30th: Honggi & Hannah Will Still Perform At SBS Drama Awards Although It Hits Schedule With MBC Gayo Daejun