Chapter 03

5 Pieces' Magnae (5)

“Welcome,” twenty-seven years old Melissa Allen says when meeting 5 Pieces in her flat in New York. She shakes hands with everyone, introducing herself and nodding when being told a new name. “I have looked forward to meet you for a while now.”

Melissa Allen is an American producer who has worked with Jay-Z, Black Eyed Peas, P!nk and she also helped out with BoA’s American album. She has also worked with the same Swedish song-writer/producer who helped 5 Pieces with the song [One and Only] and has showed interest in 5 Pieces before.

Today, Melissa and 5 Pieces meet face to face for the first time. They took the chance now when 5 Pieces is in New York – the city Melissa is currently resident in.

“I came back from LA just this morning after helping Andreas with a new song,” Melissa says when showing them to sit down in the sofa. “He has given you a lot of good words for me – not because it is needed, I am already fascinated by you girls.”

“Thank you.”

Before meeting Melissa, the girls had gone around shopping for their free time. Their van was filled with bags now. They sit down to talk, at first just getting to know each other before Melissa reveals that she would gladly work with 5 Pieces, for both Korean and American songs.

Hannah is fascinated by the flat. There are pictures of Melissa with several American celebrities by one wall, then the whole place is just fascinating. And Melissa is adorable. She has coloured her long, thin hair to blonde, though other pictures reveals that she has had dark hair before. She looks good in blonde too, since she doesn’t have it too bright. She is around Maria’s height – over 170cm then – and she looks good. Her smile keeps sparkling when talking, and she is only saying good things about 5 Pieces.

“I love your voices,” she told them when explaining why she wants to work with them. “I have listened through your songs and I can’t find what it is, but it is something with your voices that just makes me want to hear more, makes me want to get more, if you understand what I mean. And your performances… I don’t think I have to mention that, I hear you are praised for it every time.”

The girls keep thanking. Truth is that they have never received so much praise at once.

The meeting ends well. Melissa received an invitation for SM Town Concert that is on Sunday, and she promises to come.

After that, the girls go to eat. The only thing they can talk about is Melissa. She is adorable, Maria says. They take some chic city pictures too of themselves walking down the street and for once they don’t stand out so much because those around them aren’t Asians. The blonde Hannah even fits in when they are in New York.

“Oh, look at that!” Maria gives out a sound and puts her finger over Hannah, crossing her and bringing her with her to the window they are about to walk by.

“No!” Hannah says and tries to pull Maria way from the shoes. “You bought three pairs already.”

“But they are angelic…” Maria is almost drooling. She then smiles, laughs and turns around to say that she wants something cool to drink. She has her arm in Hannah’s when they keep walking,

Manager Park turns down the suggestion of buying ice-cream – they have already eaten a lot – but he does hand over a bottle of water to Maria who is thirsty. She just glares at him.

“Excuse me,” a tiny voice says next to them.

Hannah turns around, while Maria is too deaf to hear and the other members are a few steps in front of them. Hannah sees a normal girl stand there next to a tall girl who looks like a giant. Both of them smiles when Hannah gives a reaction.

“Aren’t you 5 Pieces?” the shorter girl says in a tiny voice, talking in English. Hannah – who still has Maria’s arm around hers – gives their leader a pinch so she can react, not really knowing what to do.

“Yes?” Maria asks when turning around, looking at the girls.

“You are 5 Pieces, right?” the girl asks again.

“Ah, yes,” Maria shines up, holding tighter to Hannah’s arm.

“I thought so! I recognized you, but my friend didn’t believe me,” the girl with the tiny voice says happily. “You are here for the concert, right?”

They are talkative! Hannah understands what she says, but she doesn’t say much. They take a picture – all five members of the group are in it – before the girls keeps walking. Americans recognized them!

And it isn’t the first either. Hannah’s jaw drops in amaze whenever someone recognizes them. She gets to take pictures and write her autograph several times during the day, and she is in New York!

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

The day passes fast. The girls have taken a lot of pictures – and some are uploaded on either SM Town’s facebook or the girls’ blog, while other pictures are private. For dinner they also meet up with other SM friends, chatting and enjoying the sun slowly setting.

Hannah doesn’t meet up with Jonghyun until they return to the hotel. They are both exhausted and tired from the time different and from all walking during the whole day. But they still have to tell about their days.

“Melissa kept praising us from the moment she saw us to when we left,” Hannah talks about the meeting with the American producer after that Jonghyun showed interest in the subject. They walk inside the hotel room they are sharing. “She is very pretty and has this beautiful American way to talk. And,” Hannah says and turns around to look at him, “she said she is looking forward to work a lot with us in the future. Can you believe it?”

She then lets Jonghyun tell her about his day. She sits down on her bed with the laptop to check and update her twitter, look if there are any pictures on her cell phone she can upload while listening to Jonghyun.

Their talkative sides are really brought forward now when they both have so much to tell each other from their own experiences in New York. Hannah is a little upset that she hasn’t gotten to see much of the culture in the city, because they went on the meeting and shopping and then just walked around. But she has still seen a lot.

Jonghyun takes a shower first while Hannah stays with her laptop. She can hear the water from the shower, trying to keep her mind of something else than Jonghyun, though she knows it is rather impossible. The night before they had both been so exhausted after the long flight that they ended up sleeping when watching TV. It had been comfortable.

Hannah keeps looking through the photos from her cell phone until she hears the water turn off in the shower. She starts to take out her pyjamas to prepare to get in the bathroom herself when she suddenly hears Jonghyun sing. He sings a bit of SHINee’s debut song, but instead of singing *Nuna* he sings *nabi (butterfly)*, making Hannah smile.

She keeps smiling when he comes out from the bathroom. Jonghyun is still singing but he changes the song to [Juliette], singing to her. He is smiling charmingly at her while singing perfectly and he comes closer, wearing a pair of pants and a simple tank top that reveals his well built body even under the white shirt with buttons. Hannah stands up and tries to pass him to get inside the bathroom, but Jonghyun takes her in his arm while singing *to the impatient me, you’re like a playing fox*. Hannah gives out a laugh when he embraces her and he keeps singing with a smile on his lips, looking down at her.

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

After taking a shower, Hannah gets dressed in her favourite pyjamas pants in white clouds and a white simple top. It had been Maria and Julia who told her to bring them; knowing all along that Hannah was going to share room with Jonghyun. They did that since they didn’t want her to go around in a big sweater and pants when she would spend time with Jonghyun – they wanted her to look y.

Hannah and Jonghyun have been watching TV in the hotel room for a while, just relaxing, when Hannah sits up to do something on her laptop. Jonghyun isn’t irritated at the laptop like he always seems to be when they are in Seoul – since she then prefers the laptop over him – because today he is just too happy. When seeing her sit with her back facing him, he is just mesmerized by her.

The white top she is wearing is really affecting him. He rarely sees Hannah wearing white, and with those blue pyjamas pants and wet hair she is extremely y.

Jonghyun moves over to her, sitting a little behind her on the side. He lets his hand caress her bare arm, looking over her shoulder to ask what she is doing on the laptop. Hannah takes her time before she answers, saying she is writing some ideas for one of her books that she out of nowhere came up with.

He lets her write it down, knowing she would get angry if he didn’t.

He sees when she takes away the document she wrote the ideas up on and sees his chance. He moves a little closer, letting his right hand go behind her back to softly be placed by the end of her top. The fabric of her top is tempting to remove, but not as tempting as the smile Hannah shows when seeing him leaning closer. His lips touch hers softly.

Both of them lean closer to the other, deepening the kiss as if they shared the same mind. Hannah’s right hand goes to his neck. The bed creaks when Jonghyun gets on his knees and without breaking the kiss he carefully lies her down on the bed. His right hand moved from her back to the side of her waist, slightly entangled in the fabric of her top so the top went up just a little before he let go of it, more focused on her lips.

Jonghyun’s hand is tracing up and down her beautiful shape. They make out for a while before Jonghyun sits up on his knees and takes off his shirt and tank top. His body trembles when he lies down to kiss her again and feels her hands on his body.

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

Headline 21st: SM Entertainment Reveals Teaser 2 Of [One and Only] MV

Headline 21st: 5 Pieces Uploads Pictures From New York For Fans To Enjoy

Headline 21st: Music Bank Airs [One and Only] Comeback Teaser For Next Week