Chapter 29

5 Pieces' Magnae (5)

Thursday. Hannah had gone to the gym in the morning, which after she went to the hospital to visit Kyung Ho for the last time before he will go through his surgery in two days. She stayed there for as long as possible before, and then headed to the practice room.

The day before, Hannah had fixed the song for her solo performance at their upcoming concert. She has gotten help with how to imagine the performance and from that decided on how to change the song a little. No lyric change or something like that; they took away the rap part and put in a dance remix instead. Hannah is going to perform Beyoncé’s [Crazy In Love], and now she is in the practice room with the choreographer and dance trainer Kim Yeon Lim to learn and decide the choreography together.

“I don’t think lying on the stage at the beginning would look good,” Hannah says.

She is sitting on the floor, tailor, talking with Yeon Lim about the performance and both giving ideas of how they can do. Some things have already been planned, but the whole performance needs to be coordinated. On the flood they have a paper of how the stage will look like for the concert.

“Coming out from the back here,” Yeon Lim points with her toes on the paper as she is standing up, Hannah focusing on the paper. “You can then sing the beginning while walking down the stairs. With a male dancer, you can be flirty and y. And when the chorus comes you can already have walked down the stairs with the dancer.”

For the first chorus, it has already been planned that Hannah will head out on the round stage in the middle with her female dancers, so they have to come up with a good beginning.

Hannah thinks of what her teacher said and she gets up on Yeon Lim’s command. Yeon Lim says she plays the male dancer and they imagine the song playing – Hannah sings her first part once so Yeon Lim knows how it will sound – and Yeon Lim stands up in front of Hannah.

Kim Yeon Lim has always been in the background, helping 5 Pieces with dancing and perfecting the details. She is helping a lot with the concert, since they need new dances to some songs they haven’t performed yet. She is in her 30s, slim and a great dancer. And the best thing with Yeon Lim is that she is everything; she does all kind of dances and styles. Today she is wearing leg warmers and a huge t-shirt that hides her two layers tank tops and shorts under.

They go through different ideas, but in the end they both think having a male dancer in the stairs is good. Since it is just the two of them at the practice today, they don’t have to rush anything. Well, both Hannah and Yeon Lim likes to do thinks right away without too long breaks in between – they rather work the double so they can finish earlier.

Instead of sitting back down on the floor to come up with more of the performance, the two of them just speaks whatever comes in their mind and they try it right away.

Hours pass by in there, the two of them coming up with choreography, changing, changing it again, changing a few more times and rarely taking breaks. And even when they take a break they talk about it. When they take a longer break, Hannah goes to the recording room to see how it goes for Emelia. Hannah sits down in the sofa, and at the same time Emelia takes a short break too – thanks to Hannah.

“I made them laugh when I talked about antis,” Emelia tells with a smirk. She has been filming Strong Heart today, and the night before Emelia had gone through what to say with both Hannah and Julia, but what actually happened today, Hannah is the first to find out. “They really found it funny… And I also revealed something from New York.”

“From New York?” Hannah asks.

“You know, I love talking about myself, but since they wanted to know something weird; of course I had to talk about someone else. I’m the charismatic, crazy member, not the weirdo,” Emelia tells in much more of a diva way than she probably thinks she could ever do. “So I talked about you.”

“Me? From New York?” Hannah asks.

What she mostly remembers from New York – beside from the concert – is the time she spent with Jonghyun. It’s a good memory, but hearing Emelia mention it she can’t really think it is something good.

“The last night when you, me and Carro shared room, I told them that I had woken up in the morning and gotten a shock,” Emelia answers and Hannah slightly smiles. “Since you were doing your weird yoga training on the floor – and seriously, it looks sick. I even told them that you explained yourself by saying it is a training for your back; I also added that 5 Pieces are like elderly, our bodies condition is really old.”

Hannah rolls her eyes. “I told you it is an exercise I do before going to bed and in the morning to help my back since the accident.”

“I know, but I don’t think our fans want to know you are suffering too much from the car-accident, so I kept away that part. But it gave a big reaction; I think they are noticing how fun I am, because every time I talked I got a good response,” Emelia says very proudly. Honestly, Emelia loves herself just as Maria loves herself. They are two self loving divas, one princess and one rocker.

While Emelia goes back to her Japanese recording, Hannah gets a text from Maria, who asks her to check the internet site she has sent. Hannah goes in on the link she has been sent, and again it is tumblr. It’s a user who has reposted a lot of things about 5 Pieces and Hannah knows what Maria wants her to look at.

The second recent post is from MAMA, and has the text ‘when you feel like you are one’ together with a beautiful/artistic picture of 5 Pieces performing on the stage (in synch) with the audience cheering. The one right below has several pictures, the first text says ‘they were told they wouldn’t win’ with the picture where they announces Artist Of the Year as 5 Pieces, a text showing it too for people to understand. The second picture is from what the MAMA camera had caught of 5 Pieces’, the shocked faces with the text ‘the dream of five different girls’. The third picture is the best of them standing next to each other on the stage with the text ‘when dreams becomes reality’ and a fourth showing their hands in the air, text saying ‘nothing is impossible’.

Further down Hannah sees a picture of them crying from MAMA with the text ‘the tears of doing it together, as five’.

After the awards a few days ago, the girls had seen an article online that was about 5 Pieces getting the award. Fans had commented ‘no one can deny that 2011 has been 5 Pieces’ year’, ‘5 Pieces are perfection, from performance to tears, it’s perfect’, ‘they were told they wouldn’t win anything, then they got the best award’ and ‘I’m proud to be Puzzle’. All the amazing comments really made the girls feel so great – they had cried floods.

On the same tumblr site, Hannah smiles when seeing some small gifs from Best of 5 Pieces that recently aired with FT Island. The first few are of Hannah and Emelia walking with the text ‘in 5P, Hannah and I have been friends the longest’ the first gif says and shows Emelia saying it. the second one is of her looking away from the camera saying ‘it’s hard to believe, but we’ve been best friends for almost ten years’, continuing with a third of Hannah focusing on the map in her hands saying ‘just ten years?’ and ends with a fourth of Emelia nodding ‘ten years’

Hannah looks at what the user has commented under it, where it says ‘that’s how the married couple counts their years; it’s no big deal’. Hannah chuckles by it, she has to admit that it does seem like an old married couple since both of them says it without being so excited about it.

The next gifs are from the show, being hilarious. One of Maria dancing on the street; one of Minhwan turning around and Carolina is behind him; Hannah and Seunghyun glancing at each other when thinking of buying food without the others; Maria throwing her hand in the air; Maria burst out in laughter and puts her arms around Julia; Carolina’s reaction when meeting FT Island and Hannah offering Emelia some corn.

Hannah then returns to the practice room. After some more practicing, Emelia comes for them to get a ride home together.

“Did you know fans have lurked out who Kyung Ho is?” Emelia asks when they are in the van, on their way to pick up Carolina from her late radio program.

“They have? How?” Hannah wonders.

“Maria mentioned him on MAMA, and fans got curious so I saw an article before about it. Fans saw that you had thanked him in our second album, mentioning him as your Korean little brother, and there is also a clip from LoP where you said you got a gift from your Korean little brother. Fans have been guessing he is related to last year’s car accident the way Maria mentioned him,” Emelia explains. “They are very clever you know.”

Hannah does a grimace. As long as they don’t do anything to him, she is satisfied.

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

The next day the girls are focusing on concert practices – solo performances. Julia just needs to learn the song since hers is no dance performance. Emelia also records the intro song for her Japanese debut, finishing it during the day before she goes to practice her own solo performance. Instead of practicing her rock performance she joins the others in the practice room to practice for her [Strong] performance that she released last year.

During one of the breaks, Carolina is checking something on the laptop and she bursts out laughing a few times before she tells everyone what it is.

“There is this fan who has listens to my radio program and have written down some comments that I have said during broadcast,” Carolina is giggling. “There are a lot of people liking them.”

“That’s hard to believe,” Maria mutters and then smiles since she loved her own comment. Julia – who is also taking a break from her practice – sits down next to Carolina to look at it.

“Ah, here’s one that Emelia has said,” Julia says and reads out; “’Emelia: have you ever seen Maria walk? From behind; it’s a guy. From the front; it’s a guy’!”

“Ya!” Maria throws her bottle of water at Emelia who laughs. She can’t really remember when she said that, but they all agree on that it’s true.

“This is a conversation between Carolina and a guest DJ she had. They were talking about what Carolina likes the most with 5 Pieces,” Julia says;

“’Carolina: I like it when we aren’t talking and just hanging out together’

‘DJ: Like when you are watching a movie?’

‘Carolina: We aren’t quiet when we are watching a movie. I’m talking about those few times when we just walk by each other, smiles and hugs for no reason’

‘DJ: That’s when you are quiet?’

‘Carolina: We are quiet when we sleep, but otherwise the other one is when we are the quietest’

And the whole thing ends with this fan writing ‘do you know what she is talking about?’”

“I have never known what she is talking about,” Maria mutters but tells them to say some more.

“This one is also said by Carolina, again talking about 5 Pieces,” Julia says and reads; “’Carolina: We are really close. There are never boring moments when I’m with my members; we are always talking and having fun’. At the end it is a picture from some fan signing with all five of us looking bored…”

“That means we do have bored times,” Emelia simply says.

“’Carolina: Maria told me I am the weirdest in our group, but she is the one talking to a pillow’,” Julia reads out and Maria glares at Carolina (she doesn’t have a bottle of water to throw).

“Ya, are you saying I’m weird because I’m talking to Jared? I just want to talk, I’m not like Hannah who asks questions to animals,” Maria defends herself (Jared is a pillow she has of a man’s chest she got from her mother – weird but true).

Hannah drops her jaw by being mentioned - again. It’s true; she often asks Ace if he agrees with her or if he had a good day. She does the same with her dog back in Sweden.

“Aren’t there any fun comments?” Emelia isn’t interested.

“I don’t think they are supposed to be funny, they are more like odd … like this one; ’Carolina: in our group, Hannah is the one everyone talks to about everything. She is like the middle person. But when we have conflicts in the group, she can’t do anything…’”

“Are we your favourite topics on your radio?” Hannah asks.

“That’s because I love you.”

Emelia and Maria roll their eyes while Julia keeps on; “’Carolina: though many of our members seem to not talk so much, everyone actually loves to talk. That is why we have so many conflicts – we just can’t stop talking.’ I just got to ask, Carolina, does anything that you say make any sense?”

Maria rolls her eyes again and takes the laptop to look through it herself.

“’Emelia: I don’t listen to Carolina’s radio. Because I can’t stand hearing only her voice for such a long time’,” she reads out. “Finally something that makes sense!”

Carolina pouts and takes back the laptop to read; “’Carolina: Maria makes a lot of mistakes on stage, why no one notices them is because she hides them with more mistakes and a poker face, which makes people think it is part of her choreography’.”

Maria smirks, saying she surely is the queen.

“’Emelia: I have a lot of things irritating me. Carolina’s voice, her jokes, her face, her presence… Everything about her irritates me. Even the way she breathes. How can someone be so annoying?’” Emelia reads over Carolina’s shoulder. She looks extremely happy about finding that and even laughs when seeing Carolina’s face.

Carolina starts to roll around before stopping and reading; “’Hannah: all members have a role in our group. Carolina is the happy pill, always being bright and positive. Like the rest of us she is important in our team.’ Why can’t the rest of you be like our magnae?”

“Because we don’t let people force us to lie,” Emelia smirks and seems very proud over her joke.

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

Headline 01st: Fans Take Notice Of Boy Name Mentioned In 5 Pieces’ Speech

Headline 01st: Emelia Uploads Picture From Recording Room, Teasing For Solo Activities Next Year

 

Headline 02nd: 5 Pieces Reveals Third Concert Teaser, Raising The Expectations