Chapter 20

5 Pieces' Magnae (5)

The moment 5 Pieces returns to Korea, Hannah is sent to the hospital straight from the airport to visit Kyung Ho. She gets in a different car than her members. Maria was supposed to go too for her fever, but since she already is better – she only had fever one day – she doesn’t have to go.

Hannah arrives at the hospital, tired after the flight. The nurse she spoke to on the phone isn’t working today, but another nurse helps Hannah to know what has happened before she is showed to Kyung Ho’s room.

She looks more sad than tired when she sees him lie in the hospital bed, looking as pale as he did a year ago. The smell that hospitals always have makes Hannah wants to leave; it brings back bad memories.

“Hi…” she says when he sees her.

Even his smile is weak and he explains that the new medication is the reason for it. In a few days his body will be better because of it. Hannah sits down on the side of the bed and puts her hand on his leg.

“Don’t look at me like that, Nuna,” Kyung Ho pouts after that she has taken a seat.

“Do you have any idea of how worried I have been?” Hannah asks him. “You didn’t answer my texts or calls, and then the hospital calls me, how do you think I feel about that?”

“I’m sorry…” Kyung Ho mumbles. He looks like he is going to cry.

Hannah sighs and moves closer so she can give him a hug. “Just don’t scare me like that again.”

Hannah stays there for half an hour before she has to leave. She would want to stay longer, she wants to hold his hand a little more and make sure he knows she is there for him. But her members need her too; for recording. She tells Kyung Ho that she will come as soon as she gets the time, and that he can call her whenever he wants.

The other members had headed straight to the recording room after the airport. In January, after their first concert, their new single will be released, so the girls are recording the song [Switch]. In the car on the way back, Hannah looks out the window and quietly lets some tears falls. The memory of Kyung Ho at the hospital reminds her too much of last year. Manager Kim is nice and doesn’t ask, since she can guess how worried Hannah has been.

Hannah takes another deep breathe before she walks inside the recording room.

“Magnae!” Carolina calls happily and waves from a chair, again trying with her cuteness.

Hannah smiles. “Hi, how is it going?” she asks and takes off her jacket and bag.

“Emelia is SO messing up our song,” Maria answers from the sofa with Julia sitting next to her and cuddling with Ace who is sleeping. Emelia is currently doing the recording. Hyekyung is sitting in one of the chairs too and he puts his hand behind his head for Hannah to take it in a greeting.

She takes it; you know how friends always do when they meet up on the street. Hannah then does the same to Carolina who also put her hand up for a greeting. Emelia gets to do the rap over again and it is quickly interrupted by the producer who isn’t satisfied.

Hannah sits down on a chair and rolls it over to Maria when the leader asks how it is with Kyung Ho.

“He is going to surgery around New Year, unless something happens,” Hannah tells in a low voice. Julia is listening too. “The nurse said it is a big chance he can make it…”

“Then how is he feeling? How are you taking it?” Maria asks in her kind voice. She looks worried too, which makes Hannah grimace to not start crying.

“I don’t know… He said the new medicine is making him weak for a few days, but I guess he just said that to not let me worry. I’m worried,” Hannah says the last two words with a big sigh. “I hate seeing him at the hospital, and I’m worried because just two weeks ago he was fine, then now he is at the hospital…”

Maria caresses Hannah’s leg in comfort, saying that the doctor will make Kyung Ho get better again and a lot of other things. Hannah almost stops to listen just so she won’t start crying. They are interrupted by the producer finishing Emelia’s rap and all members’ heads inside to record the chorus together.

The rest of the day passes by, and the girls spends it in the recording room. Due to their schedule they are going to finish the song right away, so the clock passes seven, then nine and ten…

“This and this one,” Julia points at the laptop screen around 10:34PM.

They are taking a break from the recording and Carolina and Julia are both sitting by the laptop, looking through comments on the pictures they uploaded on the blog in the day. The pictures are from when they were in Australia, and there are a few pictures of the girls other artists and also of just the girls.

“Whoa… I think the antis have made another attack,” Carolina sighs when they look at the comments. “Over 1000 comments and most of them are of antis.”

Maria is sleeping, taking up the sofa with Ace lying next to her, so she has no reaction of what Carolina says. Hannah and Emelia are both playing cards and learning how to sing the lyrics from Hyekyung, but they neither seem to take notice of the comments.

“*Nan neomu silmang, silmang*” Hyekyung sings and Hannah tries to repeat his way to sing it. “Give it more Hannah style,” he tells her. Hannah repeats the line, making Emelia laugh at how much she makes it sound like soul music. Hyekyung can’t help but to smile too.

“Ya, can’t you hear me?” Carolina asks, a bit annoyed over the lack of reaction. “The comments are HORRIBLE!”

“Delete them then,” Emelia says calmly and places another card on the floor between her and Hannah. “It’s nothing with what the antis say about us.”

“Well … this is quite bigger than those they do on our videos,” Julia mentions. “This one says we are whor*s and that we should get the away from their idols. I do think they react wilder when it is a picture with a guy…”

“Otherwise they wouldn’t call us that,” Emelia chuckles. “I think we uploaded more photos with girls this time, so it shouldn’t be that bad.”

“A KARA fan writes that we are insane stalkers,” Julia reads out. Hannah grimaces while Emelia pretends to not care.

“It’s fascinating though,” Hyekyung mentions. “They take all that time to write all those things on YOUR blog.”

“We get comments on twitter too,” Emelia says and does a hand motion for Hannah to lay a card.

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

It’s almost four in the morning when 5 Pieces leaves the agency. They are like dead in the car. All of them are either sleeping or resting their eyes – Hannah is resting her eyes, opening them every half a minute. The radio is on a low volume and Manager Kim doesn’t wake them up until they are close to the apartment.

After coming home to the apartment, the girls go straight to bed. Manager Kim sleeps there too because just three hours later they have to get up.

“Are you ready to leave? Where’s Julia?” Manager Kim asks when they are in the hall three and a half hours later.

“I’m here!” Julia comes running to the hall with her bag in her hand and they all leave together. Manager Kim will take care of Ace, so he comes with them too.

Maria is still half asleep when they walk out the elevator, tiredly hugging Julia’s arm.

“What’s that…” Hannah asks when they reach the door. They all stop their steps.

“Antis…” Emelia mumbles. Outside the apartment building there are more than 20 teenage girls standing, some with handwritten papers where it stands ‘leave!’ or ‘you shouldn’t here!’ Manager Kim tells the girls to stay in there while she goes get the van. When she comes back, the van is standing right outside the door, a few meters away, but the antis seems to know what van it is and they starts to scream.

Hannah and Carolina looks at each other, both worried. The screaming is not good as only bad things come out from the antis’ mouths. When Manager Kim opens the door the antis basically THROWS words at them. Carolina holds on to Hannah tight when they heads out and the door guard at the apartment building follows them to keep the antis on a distance.

”GO BACK TO SWEDEN!” someone shouts. Well it’s pretty hard to make out what they scream because it is so loud, but the message is easy. The girls almost run to the van to get away from the hating antis and they can’t even breathe before they have driven away from their own apartment.

“Why do they attack us that big all of a sudden?” Carolina is pouting.

“And in front of our home!” Emelia sounds furious. “Unnie, does that mean we have to go around and apologize for our neighbours later?”

“Man!” Maria bursts out all of a sudden, finally waking up. “Don’t they have any respect? We just moved there!”

When they arrive at the agency they head to a meeting for the concert. The first thing they talks about is the solo performances.

“Though Hannah is the youngest, [Crazy In Love] would match her image the best out of the chosen songs,” the producer and employees all agrees. Hannah had written down two songs that she lets the others choose which one she should perform.

Hannah was the last one to decide which song, so they then go on to decide how to perform it. Everyone around the table looks serious when deciding on how to do. How the stage will look has been decided, how the extra stages will be placed and all that.

After two hours of planning with the song list and performances for the concert, the meeting is over.

“Aow, my ,” Hannah grimaces when she stands up.

“It’s out on the news,” an employee of SM Entertainment says when coming back after a few minutes. “A video from when you left the apartment is online, there is even an article about it. It seems like everyone else agrees on that antis are going too far.”

“I know, they are outside our HOUSE!” Maria agrees.

“We got the police to take them away, but everyone outside here haven’t left yet. So don’t go outside, okay?” the employee says and the girls nods.

“We still have dance practice,” Hannah says and pulls in her chair, slowly while waiting for the others to get up too.

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

Headline 14th: Part 2 Of Special Boy-Group Episode On Best Of 5! Pieces Airs

Headline 14th: 5 Pieces Reveals More Pictures From Australia