Chapter 54

5 Pieces' Magnae (5)

To make the concert a little more fun, the girls had actually decided to play with water. But since they had just the day before been told about it, Hannah hadn’t heard anything about when it would be, so honestly, she had forgotten about it. The girls run around; some almost forgetting to sing because they are getting revenge on each other. Hannah gets revenge on Emelia. Emelia had taken a hold of Hannah’s wrists and pulled them back so they were kind of hugging, but Hannah got loose with one wrist and was able to pour the water over Emelia. Emelia liked it though, and the audience seemed to like it even more.

After [No, No] they also perform the R&B song [I Don’t Know] that the trio sang in 2010 with Hannah and Jonghyun. But for the concert it is a special performance with just 5 Pieces. Also there they do pour some water on each other, but they aren’t as crazy about it but instead makes their water fight match the tempo for the music – it’s really fun. They then performs [Flying Free], doing the wildly. When singing *let us fly! High, high, high!* the girls are actually putting out their arms with a lot of fans following and Hannah even runs with her arms out.

But when [Flying Free] stops, the girls are gathering on the middle stage. They talks on the way there and Hannah is waving her t-shirt in a try to not let it adhere on to her body.

“You sang REALLY well to all of our songs,” Carolina tells the audience and Hannah nods before coming to the middle stage where the other is gathering.

“We have been so excited during this concert that my throat is getting hoarse,” Maria laughs with her hand to .

“You probably screamed too much,” Hannah giggles and laughs when Emelia does high-five with her.

“But today,” Carolina says and looks at the members on both her sides, “has really been the best. I won’t have any regrets about today’s concert.”

“Not even your fall?” Emelia asks, talking about that Carolina slipped earlier in the concert when they were running around in socks.

“No, not even my fall,” Carolina answers and she does a cute pose for the fans when saying she did it for the fans – though everyone knows she fell without thinking about it. The girls are smiling, but the conversation goes on a little slow. Julia puts her arms around Hannah while the others are talking. “It was exciting to perform for everyone today. You were jumping and singing along. We have longed to have our own concert and when we went to watch other artist’s concerts, such as SHINee and also going with SM Town for the concerts, we have really wanted to do it ourselves one day. Thanks to all of your love and support we have been able to spend this time with you today. Actually, in about three months, it has been four years since 5 Pieces came to Korea for the first time.”

She lets out a pause for the audience to scream and Hannah asks Julia in surprise that they have been in Korea for such a long time. Their fans seem to love it, some screaming so loud. Julia takes away her arms from Hannah to listen to what Carolina says.

“Even if this concert only have two songs left-” Carolina says but gets cut off by the audience’s complaining and Emelia says in a low voice that she doesn’t want it either to just be two songs left. “But still, this is just the beginning of 5 Pieces journey. As pirates and idols and ladies, we have been able to experience and learn a lot of things for the past four years, and we will keep experience and learn more in the future. Thanks to all of our fans, and members, we have been able to pull through all kind of weathers together and it has brought us here today.”

“You’re too deep,” Maria complains and the fans scream when she looks away to wipe away the tears forming in her eyes. The members all chuckles and asks why she got so sensitive all of a sudden. Carolina seemed like she would cry too when talking.

“We will perform two more songs,” Julia says and Emelia shouts; “will you enjoy this concert with us to the end?!”

 

While the audience screams loudly, Hannah slinks behind her members over to Maria to put an arm around her. Maria isn’t crying, she is just wiping away some tears. The next song is the ballad [Just U & Me]. It was a reason to why they put that song to the final encore. Though also that song was in their first album, it has a sad yet strong melody. The song is about someone who spends the days alone after loosing this someone the person used to mention as ‘you and me’.

The girls start to sing the song, walking around a little. Hannah is singing her parts well at a start, but when the chorus comes and she looks up at Maria who has turned around in front of her to walk back, the two of them smiles at each other and the tears starts to form in Hannah’s eyes. Maria keeps smiling, telling herself that she won’t cry, so instead she puts her arm around Hannah and keeps singing. They walks back to the middle stage where the other members also comes and for some seconds they just stands there singing before they all walk around in a circle, facing each other when singing the highlights. Maria and Carolina sings a highlight when the music stops and all you can hear is the two of them finishing the highlight. The lightings change to a soft white light and the girls turns around. The platform they are standing on lifts up higher than the rest of the stage and the girls keep singing the ballad.

Hannah can’t sing in the next chorus and she closes her eyes to not let the tears fall when hearing the audience sing the song together so beautifully. She leans her head back in a try to force the tears back when Maria sings in her beautiful voice and you can hear how hard Maria tries to sing without crying. Hannah wipes away the tears and waits some seconds before she fills in the song with her highlight.

[Maria + Carolina] *I believe in love~~*

[Hannah] *Ooh~~*

[Maria] *Ah~~~*

Maria fills in even louder as the stage is slowly going down again. The other members sing the chorus together, singing as one. Hannah looks over the audience, but she doesn’t see that the big screen films her with tearful eyes and tears falling. Emelia next to her takes Hannah’s hand in hers and Hannah close her eyes again to not cry more.

The song ends before the stage the girls are standing on reaches down to the rest of the stage. The girls are looking out over the audience that is waving their purple glow-sticks. When they are down on the stage, Hannah looks down when the stage goes black for just a few seconds. She has go get together during those few seconds, because the moment the lights go on again, [I Love You] Encore starts to play.

Hannah sings the first part as well as she can, smiling cutely with traces of tears in her face. The audience suddenly sings along loudly as 5 Pieces performs the last song for their very first solo concert.

*Look at me, look inside my heart

My HEART is beating for you

Feel it pounding, hard to hard

I love you!

My heart belongs to you!*

Maria sings her part while pointing at the audience and she quickly shouts ‘Puzzle’ after her part before the chorus starts. The girls perform the song going around on the stages. They give their all for the last song. Hannah’s stomach hurts for that the concert is over, and even if she is exhausted and she wants to cry, she walks around with a big smile and waves with 500 more power than before – just because Carolina do that kind of waving.

Background music is played after the song has ended and the girls are still waving and taking hands with their fans when heading over to the “right arm”.

“Thank you so much!” the girls say in chorus before bowing to those on the right side. They hurries over to the “left arm”, waving and thanking on the way before they take hands and bows in the same proper manner as on the left side.

Maria holds her arm around Hannah’s waist when they go to the middle stage to bow at those at the front and they take hands, bowing and thanking everyone before they heads back to the main stage where the back-up dancers and guests have walked up.

“For 5 Pieces’ first ‘Moon Child’ concert there has been a lot of people who have helped us to create, make and fulfil from the beginning to now,” Julia says when the girls are walking towards the main stage.

She is the first one to reach the stage, followed by Emelia. 5 Pieces takes the middle spot on the stage with everyone else next to them. She starts to thank Lee Sooman, those who are in charge of the actual concert and the staff, and those on the stage thanks them all together. Emelia takes Hannah’s hand to make her stand next to her and Hannah hides her face behind Emelia’s shoulder at first to wipe away the tears before looking forward. The girls help out to thank their choreographer and back-up dancers, their families who came all the way from Sweden to see them today, their managers and stylists.

“We also want to thank our friends and seniors who helped us with our performances today,” Maria says and shows with her hand those standing with them on the stage, “DBSK senior and SHINee and FT Island’s Honggi. Thank you!”

Though Honggi isn’t standing on the stage, he is still somewhere in the audience and he did help out with a song. The girls thank them together.

“But most of all, we want to thank our beautiful and loving fans,” Maria says to the audience. “You are amazing!”

“Thank you!” the girls says in chorus to the audience before awkwardly remembering to tell the dancers and guests on the stage to come join them on the line, take each other hands and they repeats the thank you before everyone bows together. They stays down a little longer before standing straight and the girls keeps thanking and saying goodbye for one final time while heading off the stage.

Hannah bows one final time before heading off the stage.

She keeps bowing when coming backstage after leaving the microphone, telling everyone they have worked hard. Hannah hides her face from the people while bowing and walking by because she can’t really hide the tears any longer. Manager Lim, their Appa, is waiting as close as possible and he takes the girls in for a bear hug. He is crying when hugging them, saying he is so proud over them.

Cameras for a special TV program is there to be the only one catching 5 Pieces real reaction after the concert that had so many fans crying both before and after the concert. Hannah hides her face for the cameras while Julia happily says the first concert has ended. She can’t stop smiling and she wipes away the sweat from her neck with a towel she receives. Though she is smiling now, Julia had almost cried on the stage before.

“We have the second concert tomorrow,” Carolina pops up next to Julia who nods.

“The other members are… overwhelmed,” Julia says and looks behind her where Maria is crying and being hugged by Yong Hyun.

“Our first concert! It’s huge!” Carolina laughs and gives a jump, looking like she all of a sudden has more energy.

Another camera comes up to Hannah who is giving out a cute cry while wiping away the non-stopping tears and also taking pauses to drink some water. Mi Young is helping her to wipe them away and Hannah smiles even if she cries when she looks at the camera. It takes some seconds before she can answer the question about why she is crying.

“It’s hard to believe,” Hannah starts to answer and she gives a low cry to Mi Young who helps her wipe the tears. “That we have got to have our own concert, and there came so many people. Just … it was really unbelievable to be on the stage.”

Hannah gives out another cry to someone on the other side of the camera and Emelia comes up in front of the camera. Her back is facing the camera when she is hugging Hannah, both of them crying and holding on to each other tight. You can hear them say some words to each other, but you can’t hear what it is they say. Hannah cries even more when hearing Emelia cry.

The girls are all in their room and they give each other a group-hug, holding each other tightly. After the hug, Carolina asks Hannah why she is crying and helps her to wipe away the new tears, but Carolina started to cry when the group hugged just now so Hannah laughs and wipes away her tears too.

They are still wiping tears when those who sang with them on the stage come inside the room. Yunho is the first one to hug all of the girls, telling each one of them that it was exciting and fun to watch the performance and also to perform with them.

“It’s just the beginning, remember that,” Changmin points at Hannah with a smile when seeing her doing her best to wipe away the tears. He gives her a hug, patting her on the back and saying she did well. Hannah just nods and thanks him, unable to say anything else.

SHINee is there too. Minho does high-five with the girls while Key hugs them all. Jonghyun caresses Hannah’s arm, but doesn’t hug her, aware of all the people. She turns her back towards the room and looks up at him, asking if her make-up is ruined. He just shakes his head and smiles at her, and anyone who saw them would know that is now how friends look at each other.

Hannah goes over to hug Maria. Their hugs are pretty lifeless now as the adrenaline from the concert is disappearing.

Maria’s sisters and Carolina’s mother have to wait outside when Lee Sooman comes inside the room to talk to 5 Pieces. The girls looks tired now and they are nervous to hear what he has to tell them. Personally they know they did mistakes and could’ve done better but for being their very first concert they did very well.

“I’m impressed,” is the first thing Lee Sooman says and he smiles at the girls’ surprised face-expression. “Honestly I had expected more mistakes and nervousness from you girls, but you made the whole arena sing along and move and you moved everyone with every performance. You did well for being the first concert, but better talks would be good.”

 

Manager Lim asks what he thinks about the singing, since that has been a big question whether the girls would do well singing for three hours in a row. Lee Sooman says that the ballads were flawless, but the girls were focusing too much on having fun than the songs at those they didn’t sing for. He still thought it was good because the fans loved it. After his visit the girls are starting to calm down. Hannah lies down on the sofa while the families come inside. She is too tired to greet them; instead she checks the many texts she has gotten. She smiles when seeing that a lot of people have texted her to wish them good luck, apologise for not coming or saying it was a great concert. Honggi has texted her too, writing a long text about the day and tomorrow and writing he hopes they can talk a little before tomorrow’s concert. Hannah answers, writing they can talk and she thanks him for performing with her today.

We Got Married comes too; ZE:A’s Kevin looks very shy when he congratulates the tired 5 Pieces and Julia walks outside to eat a cake he prepared for her (the group hasn’t eaten their own cake yet). Hannah goes to get Julia around ten minutes later to tell her they are doing interviews.

5 Pieces took photos before the concert with the idols that came to visit such as Super Junior, DBSK, SHINee and SNSD. After the concert they take photos with the staff and each other, Kevin, f(x)’s Amber, Carolina’s mother and Maria’s sisters and friends. The girls celebrate by eating cake after the interviews and visits, just celebrating with the staff and families.

They celebrate that the first day of their first concert was a success!

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

Headline 06th: JYJ Lets Out Their Disappointment For Not Going To 5 Pieces Concert In Seoul

Headline 06th: Emelia & Hannah Uploads Picture Before Concert Starts, Revealing Their Nervousness

Headline 06th: 2NE1’s Dara Apologizes To Friends 5 Pieces For Not Going To Their Concert, Wishing Them The Best

Headline 06th: 5 Pieces Kicks Off Tour In Korea

Headline 06th: 5 Pieces First Solo Concert Makes Over 14,800 Fans Go Crazy For 3 Hours!