Chapter 22

5 Pieces' Magnae (5)

At the set of Best of 5! Pieces, the staff is either giggling or laughing just before the opening of the program.

“Oppa, don’t laugh!” Hannah laughs when she walks by the cameras to the normal filming set of the program. The camera-men keeps giggling or laughing. Why would they do that? Because the five members in 5 Pieces are wearing animal costumes!

The girls are walking around in their animal costumes, from top to toe, making the staff laugh whenever they appears. Carolina is having fun in her costume and they are filming behind the scenes for the special final episode.

“It’s rare to see us like this, a one time thing right?” Carolina says to the camera, doing cute hand motions since she has hands of the animal she is.

All of a sudden, Emelia appears between Carolina and the camera, doing a close-up. Emelia looks how the head costume matches her face, covering the whole camera so Carolina disappears. “It matches, doesn’t it?” Emelia asks the camera-man, giving a smirk as she knows Carolina gives her infamous I-am-right-here-expression.

“Can’t you see me?” Carolina asks and Emelia looks behind her.

“What? You are just standing there,” Emelia pretends.

“No… I was being filmed by that camera,” Carolina answers and points at the camera Emelia is standing by.

“I didn’t notice,” Emelia shrugs her shoulders and turns back to do a close up on her face.

Carolina pouts but instead of telling Emelia to move, she waves Hannah over to them.

The opening has been special prepared by 5 Pieces, as it is their last time filming the show. A staff gets in front of the camera to do the cue and also tell the viewers it has been prepared by 5 Pieces. The moment the music starts the girls runs out in their costumes and starts to dance to DBSK’s [Balloons]. Because they couldn’t prepare to record their own voices to the song, they have to sing live.

Hannah is first with Changmin’s part. Because they are all dressed as animals and the song is cute, the girls are automatically evil and cute little children. If you know how DBSK’s dance is like, it is very playful and at times they are supposed to pretend to start to fight – which the girls are good at. They are just having fun performing the song they have prepared for the last filming. Though in the end all of the performance won’t be showed in the episode, the last special episode with backstage clips and unused clips, the [Balloons] performance will be the ending of the last episode.

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

“Who are today special guests?” Carolina asks when the girls have changed and are standing on the set again to introduce the guests.

“I don’t know,” Hannah answers without really thinking and she laughs when Emelia pushes her simply back, asking how she not can know. Hannah hugs Emelia’s arm when standing next to them again.

“Today’s guests are handsome,” Maria starts and Julia says; “hallyu stars.”

“We are going to win against them!” Emelia is on fire today. She puts her fist up in the air and Hannah follows her.

“Who are they?” Carolina asks with big motions. “SHINEE!”

[Lucifer] starts to play as SHINee comes out from the ‘bathroom’ and the girls stand on the side to let the boys do their charismatic performance. Of course the girls can’t be still – since it is [Lucifer] – they all dances to the song and tries to copy the moves. Everyone does the finger dance together.

When the song stops, you can clearly hear Maria’s scream as the girls claps their hands. Carolina is singing *SHINee is with us today, so shiny, shiny* while jumping around, causing the guests to laugh and Key even asks what she is doing.

Even if they are all close to each other normally, it is different in front of the cameras. It is variety and they can’t show the same closeness, which is why they are a little awkward – it is their first time appearing on the same program with all members. Normally a member or two meets at Star King or at a radio program, so it is awkward today.

Hannah is suddenly very quiet. She can’t be too close to Jonghyun, so she is shyly standing with her members.

They start off the program and decide on the first game through the notes sent in by viewers. But first, they change shirts to divide the teams. It was the staff that divided the teams, so the two teams then stands together.

Blue Team – Emelia, Hannah, Carolina, Key, Minho

Green Team – Maria, Julia, Onew, Taemin, Jonghyun

“We are the chic team!” Emelia says when standing with her mates. “You guys don’t match like we do.”

“We will still win over you,” Taemin says from the other team. Everyone is talking, Taemin, Maria and Emelia continuing their “battle” of who is the best while the others are talking about the first game. Hannah is quietly standing at the end, listening to what everyone is saying.

The first game is the ‘yes’ game; that is one from each team will attack each other with questions that only can be answered with ‘yes’. If you hesitate or can’t answer, you loose. Minho jokily says that 5 Pieces have a good chance to win the game because they aren’t careful with their image.

“Oppa, that is our image,” Maria tells him like the diva she is.

Once the game starts, Hannah is looking out behind Emelia’s shoulder. No one knows that she is secretly glancing at Jonghyun like all the time, and he is doing the same from his team. She cheers on her teammate when the game starts, watching Carolina and Julia attacking each other. Everyone bursts out laughing at how poorly they do the game, just asking weak questions like ‘do you envy my skin?’ and ‘do you admit I am a better dancer than you?’

Minho turns to his teammates when they laugh at it. Carolina wins round one, doing high five with her team and Hannah jumps happily over it.

After a while, it is Taemin’s turn. He crosses his arms over his chest when looking at the other team to decide who to face. Hannah is behind her team, fooling around with Julia behind the others.

“Hannah Nuna,” Taemin says and Hannah freezes with her leg in the air as she was on her way to kick Julia.

“Ya, what are you two doing?!” Maria laughs when seeing the two girls fooling around behind the others. Hannah and Julia laughs before Hannah walks to stand in front of Taemin.

“The two magnae,” Key says.

Hannah and Taemin smiles when they are standing in front of each other, waiting to start. Taemin gets to start.

“Do you wish you were younger than me?” Taemin asks with a smile.

“Yes,” Hannah chuckles and she ignores the others laughing. “Do you wish you were more like me?”

“Yes,” Taemin chuckles like Hannah just did, both of them can’t stop smiling while the others are asking what stupid questions they are asking each other. “Nuna, do you hate getting old?”

“Yes!” Hannah answers honestly and causes a lot of laughter.

“Then what does that make us?” she can hear Onew ask and she laughs. Julia asks why he keeps attacking on the age.

“Taemin-ah, are you happy that you are still a little baby?” Hannah jokes with him.

“Yes,” Taemin has to answer, but you can hear that he forces it out. “Do you admit that you come to me when you feel old and want to feel younger?”

Everyone laughs at the strong question and Hannah almost huffs at him, but she does a forced ‘yes’ to not loose. She tries to ignore the much laughter from the others.

“Do you like that you are prettier than girls?” she then asks and smiles when she sees Taemin’s expression as he is fast to answer ‘no’.

Everyone laughs as Hannah won with that question and Hannah walks forward to give an apologizing hug to Taemin, but she stops herself as the cameras are filming them. Everyone knows Taemin wants to be seen as handsome, not pretty. The others are laughing, saying that Taemin made Hannah angry so she had to do the final move.

Minho is extremely happy and is laughing hard when doing high five with Hannah.

When it is Emelia’s turn to play, she looks at the other team with evil eyes. They laugh at her, saying she is choosing her victim. Jonghyun – in the other team – takes a step back; feeling threatened by her eyes and says that she is scary.

The fun continues, the last filming of Best of 5! Pieces; after the filming, 5 Pieces and the staff all go to eat and celebrate a successful program.

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

Hannah bows politely when walking by Wonder Girls backstage at M Countdown. She doesn’t say anything to them; just bows and keeps walking. Hannah holds the jacket for her outfit around her when she walks inside the dressing-room.

Their morning has been awful. Antis don’t seem to stop that the girls even had polices around them when walking from the van to the building. They won’t even accept gifts from fans this weekend when the group is finishing the promotions of [One and Only] because the fear of that antis will do something there too.

Hannah smiles when seeing the American Melissa Allen that they met in New York in the room. Melissa came to Korea today, and she came to watch 5 Pieces instead of getting some sleep.

“I really like your outfits,” Melissa says and touches Carolina’s fabric.

Melissa is really kind and straightforward. The first thing she did was doing a greeting in Korea – which Maria had taught her when they met in New York. That’s the only words Melissa knows in Korea, but she is open to learn more. She is happily greeting the members in SNSD too, but she admits she is a little disappointed she won’t see them perform [The Boys].

“Was that Wonder Girls we met outside?” Melissa asks later after that Carolina and Julia went with her to greet someone.

“Yes,” the girls answer.

“You are better,” Melissa says and smiles when they laughs (she had seen their rehearsal before). “Korea is definitely not like America.”

Melissa has made sure for them to not misunderstand her: she has nothing against Korea or their culture; she just thinks you don’t have to be a good singer or dancer to be an idol there. That is why she likes 5 Pieces; they have the talent and she wants to help them show it to the world.

Having Melissa with them there is really fun. They keep talking in English and whenever the staff talks, Melissa asks if they are badmouthing behind her back, since she can’t understand them. It’s fun, and Melissa is really impressed with the live performance 5 Pieces do.

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

Headline 16th: 5 Pieces Reveals Second Concert Teaser With Information About Seoul Concert In January

 

Headline 17th: 5 Pieces Performs One And Only On M Countdown For The Last Time

Headline 17th: 5 Pieces’ Emelia Shows Support To TraX [Blind]

Headline 17th: SM Entertainment Lets 5 Pieces Have Police To Music Programs In Fear Of Antis

 

Headline 18th: American Song-Writer/Producer Melissa Allen Answers Question On Twitter Saying “Anyone Can Be An Idol In Korea” And “Having Catchy Songs Won’t Make You Big In The World”

Headline 18th: 5 Pieces Finishes Promotions With [One and Only] On Music Bank