Chapter 50

5 Pieces' Magnae (5)

On Wednesday, 5 Pieces finally sees the stage for their concert. They are impressed by how big the place is and even from a distance you can hear their voices in the arena. Excited to see the huge stage, the girls are happily laughing even if them yet aren’t able to walk up on the stage – they are just standing around it where the audience will be standing in two days.

A camera is filming them from a distance, but because there are staffs and the girls is so excited, they don’t notice it at first. And the camera doesn’t approach them at first either.

Hannah and Julia are hugging; both wearing jackets as it’s pretty cold, and they are singing [I Love You] while waiting for one of the staff to come over. While singing both of them looks to be a little distant, still not clearly awake after the little sleep they got.

A staff comes up to the girls and they listens while he tells them about what has to prepare with the stage before the rehearsal can start. He is motioning with his hands towards the stage when talking and Emelia asks a question. They are serious when talking with the staff, just so they won’t misunderstand or miss any information.

After being given the information the girls goes backstage. Their dressing-room is prepared and there are staff walking everywhere while 5 Pieces gets in there to wait. Manager Lim walks inside, telling them that during they day they will be filmed by the Swedish TV channel 3, for a new program named ‘It’s 5 Pieces’.

“They are here to shoot the rehearsal; don’t let them disturb you since you have to focus,” Manager Lim tells them.

They are introduced to the Swedish staff that has come to film them, getting to talk in Swedish with the staff that communicates with the Korean staff in English.

A little later, 5 Pieces heads up on the main stage to start their rehearsal.

“Please take care of us and let’s have fun together!” Maria says to all the staff in the microphone and 5 Pieces bows politely from the main stage.

Hannah sits down on her heels, pouting with her lips while trying to fix the microphone in her hands. She looks up when saying something in the microphone, but nothing is heard so she focuses on the microphone again.

A female staff comes over to Hannah when seeing her having problem with the microphone and simply fixes the sound by turning the shift on the little box. Hannah thanks her and stands up when trying the microphone that now works.

The camera for the Swedish program shows up next to Hannah on the stage after asking Carolina some questions.

“Everything has to be looked through today,” Hannah is answering. “So we will fix the lights and … those … what is it called? Equipment. We will go through the equipment so there won’t be any problems later.”

“Is this your first time doing a concert?” the camera-man asks in Swedish, so Hannah answers in Swedish.

“It is 5 Pieces first solo concert,” Hannah answers. “But we have been doing concerts with other artists like SM Town before. Having our first concert is a big dream of ours, so we are extra nervous than normally. There are a lot of things to remember at the concert.”

They start to go through the beginning of the concert, walking up the stairs to the very back of the stage where they will first appear for the concert. The staff talks about the cover that will cover the girls from the audience, and they are shown how to come up there from behind the cover. They go through it several times before actually the first song starts to play. While being up at the back of the stage, Maria puts her hands up in the air, saying she is at the top of the world. Because she doesn’t say it in the microphone, you can’t really hear what she says.

They runs down the stairs to get on the main stage and ends up laughing when they were supposed to stay at the top. They hurry back up while apologizing to the staff for their mistake. Emelia pushes Hannah on the way up and runs the last steps so Hannah can’t give revenge. Hannah later gets revenge by putting her fingers up (with two fingers) behind Emelia’s head for the camera to catch, having a mischievous face expression. She gives a sweet smile when she puts her hand down.

The song starts to play.

The rehearsal goes on. The girls have checked the volume and sounds on both the music and their microphones before starting the rehearsal. Since it is the first rehearsal on the stage, they go through every detail for everything from beginning to end. It takes times since they have to go through the same thing a few times to make sure no mistakes are made.

All five members are focused during the rehearsal. They do have fun by joking with each other, but they listen well to the instructions and no matter how much time it takes they keep focusing.

“Where I’m supposed to bring the drumsticks?” Hannah looks confused when she is sitting on the round stage in the middle of the arena, which is like the middle stage. “But I didn’t hear anything,” Hannah shakes her head. She keeps talking to the staff and her manager, not taking any notice of the camera next to her.

Hannah gets up when the conversation has ended and she walks along the smaller stage over to the main stage when the camera asks her what they were talking about.

“A part of the concert, 5 Pieces will perform as a band,” Hannah answers. “I will play the drums, but we forgot to bring the drumsticks. Someone will bring it over, so meanwhile we will rehearse other parts.”

She puts out her lower lip in a pout, moving a little closer to the camera to whisper that she feels bad for not bringing the drumsticks. Just a minute later she apologizes to the staff for forgetting the drumsticks, both bowing and apologizing. The camera follows her when she walks to the main stage and then offs the stage to the doors that parts backstage to the arena stage where she is given a bottle of water.

She smiles when looking at the camera, awkward that it is still following her. Behind Hannah, from the corridor backstage, Emelia comes walking. The moment she sees the camera she puts on her scary, ghost-like expression and walks up behind Hannah. Hannah is just about to say something when putting back the bottle of water and she gets a shock to see Emelia there.

“Ya!” Hannah whines while Emelia is laughing. Emelia takes Hannah’s hands to keep her from hitting her and Emelia then says they are going out to try the wires. Hannah stops to wine. “I’m not using them,” she shakes her head.

Emelia taps her on the back, saying only her self and Carolina is going to use it. They then walk back to the stage where Emelia and Carolina prepares to use the wires to fly up in the air. The other members are on the stage, just watching. Hannah laughs when Maria – sitting next to her – points with her hands how fun it would be if they all of a sudden just flew away.

In the middle of rehearsing a dance performance with the dancers, where they have a hip hop style, Julia suddenly falls backwards. Just a few seconds passes before Maria and staff waves their hands for the music to stop. Julia had hurt her ankle and the rehearsal is put on pause. She is grimacing the first minutes, but it was nothing seriously so they can finish the rehearsal. Julia takes it a little careful to not do the same mistake.

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

The next day, they come back to the arena for more rehearsal. Today they have cameras from both the Swedish ‘It’s 5 Pieces’ and the making of for the concert DVD, and during the day also for Korean TV Idol News will make a visit as well. They will during the day also be photographed during rehearsal for the photo book. It’s only one day left, and the girls are showing it on their nervousness.

“I’m nervous!” Hannah whines and smiles at the camera. “I don’t know what to say anymore.”

She walks away from the camera but comes back to it just a few seconds later. You can see that she is nervous. “Will our fans enjoy it (the concert)? I have too many worries, but I am excited and woaa!” she shakes her whole body. “Our first concert! Iiiiii”

She laughs and embarrassedly walks up on the stage when being called.

Carolina comes up to the camera with a wide smile. “All the members are nervous because it’s only one day left until our first concert. Don’t be surprised if we all of a sudden scream or make a weird noise. It’s just no other way to left it out, right? We will do a great concert, and we will do our best to let our fans have fun. Fighting!”

After cheering she goes out on the stage too.

Later, for the concert camera, Maria is showing off her pretty face when standing on the main stage.

“We are on the stage right now,” Maria says and shows with her arm the surrounding. “Big, isn’t it? I wonder if we will fill it up… They said it’s sold out, but to fill this place…”

Maria grimaces a little to the camera as if it doesn’t seems like the group will manage to do that, but when she looks out over the arena she looks to be dreaming away for just a second before she smiles and brings the microphone to .

“YA!” she screams out and laughs when Carolina and some staff out on the extra stages reacts. Maria starts to sing and dance; “*wanna, wanna, wanna be like me – wanna, wanna, wanna be like me*” Maria laughs when she hears Hannah laugh just a few meters away and Maria is fast to tell Hannah to be quiet.

“*You wanna be like me*” Hannah sings back to Maria from several meters distance and Maria kind of starts a hip-hop style to say the same back, waving her hand like a rapper when walking towards Hannah, meeting each other in the middle while doing the same kind of geeky rapper-wannabe movement. They just look so dorky and they can’t help but to laugh at each other.

“I WANNA BE ME!” Maria ends up shouting with her hands in the air, facing the arena like she the day before had done during the intro rehearsal. She seems to really be in her own world.

Later, they are backstage in their room, talking about clothes for the concert and food. They have been sent bouquets and other things from friends that are wishing them good luck on their very first solo concert. But what the girls are focusing on is the food that their fans have sent over; the fans wants to make sure the girls are eating enough, and sure they are eating. Their cat Ace is also in the room, and during the rehearsals there is always someone in the room taking care of him.

“If our concert is as good as this food, then it will be a big success,” Maria comments for the camera while chewing the food. She looks very happy when eating.

“Then a success it is,” Carolina comments, also eating for full, “Because this is delicious.”

Hannah smiles from where she is standing, getting help by Yong Hyun with a masterpiece made glove for one of the performances. They noticed a few minutes ago that one part of the decorations had loosened, so they are fixing it now.

“Annyeonghaseyo,” someone greets politely just outside the door and the girls looks up.

The girls are quickly up on their feet (those that sat down) and greets their seniors politely when DBSK’s Yunho and Changmin walks through the door. Tall and handsome, the two of them greets the people in the room and the first thing Maria asks is if they want something to eat – just because the table is filled with food. Gladly they accept some food, but they don’t eat much because it is for 5 Pieces.

The room keeps being chatty even if the two big time seniors are there, and they are part of the conversations too. The two seniors even gets to look through some rehearses they had filmed before, giving advices that the girls are more than happy to receive. No matter how you look at it, 5 Pieces are showing a lot of respect to DBSK backstage even if they are able to keep friendly conversations and there isn’t any big awkwardness between them.

On the way to the stage, Hannah and Julia walks together with a camera walking with them.

“Even if it is our first concert, we have the best guests you can have with us,” Julia says and Hannah honestly nods in agreement. “For our two concerts in Seoul, senior DBSK are helping out in some songs.”

“We are more than grateful to be able to have our seniors with us on our first concert,” Hannah adds.

Walking up behind them, impossible to not notice, is the tall Changmin. He is talking to someone at first before he notices the camera; he is seen walking behind Hannah, caught between the two girl’s heads. When hearing the girls mentions DBSK, he asks what they are saying. Surprised the two girls’ turns around and they laughs when seeing Changmin. Hannah moves a little so he can walk with them and for those who really are crazy would take notice in Changmin slightly putting his hand on Hannah’s back so she won’t be left out for the camera.

“Changmin Senior is always looking out for us,” Julia says and Changmin laughs.

He points at the camera when saying; “before she called me Oppa, then now when the camera is here she says Senior.” He is asked how it feels to be featuring in 5 Pieces’ concert. “As their Senior I think they have a lot of good songs, so it will be fun to perform with them. As their Oppa, I think they will do really great, as I have seen them practice. I was a little taken back to be asked to sing with them, but I think it will be really fun.”

They start the rehearsals on the stage again.

Hannah is after a while going through her solo song [Burning] from 2010. She looks really nervous so a camera for the News comes up to ask her about it.

“I’m nervous because Yunho Senior will appear in my performance,” Hannah answers shyly with a cute smile. “He is really great, so I am worried I will do really bad next to him.”

“Hannah,” it echoes in the arena and Hannah quickly apologizes for not have taken her position yet.

You can see that while rehearsing the song, Hannah looks very small next to Yunho. Even if he is very warm to her, smiling and talking, she still looks to have the senior-junior awkwardness with him. When the song ends she finally gives back a warm smile to him and they do high-ten when getting off the stage.

While 5 Pieces keeps rehearsing, DBSK are finished for the day. Before leaving, they stop backstage to say some words to the many cameras filming through-out the day.

“We have know the members of 5 Pieces for three years already,” Yunho started to say. “And during all this time they have been very hard-working. For coming from a country so far away they have adopted really well to the culture and language. We have watched them grow a lot, so we are very proud that they are able to have their first concert.”

He keeps saying: “They will do well on the concert. I think that even if it is their first concert, they will have a lot of fun and that is what will make their fan have fun too. Their performances are already good, and they are always having fun, so I think they will do really well.”

Changmin answers the next question: “Just like everyone else we will really enjoy the concert. 5 Pieces have prepared a lot for all kind of people to enjoy, so it is definitely something to look forward to.”

They both ends by saying: “5 Pieces ‘Moon Child’ concert, FIGHTING!”

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

In the middle of the day’s rehearsal, Carolina is heading off the stage with her manager. A camera for the Swedish ‘It’s 5 Pieces’ is following her and Carolina smiles at the camera when slightly hurrying to a door that leads in to the building. An older European woman in her late 40s is waiting outside. She is thin and her hair is very light. When the two of them sees each other they both shines up and the moment the door is opened between them they embraces each other warmly.

The woman follows Carolina inside, the two of them walking as close to each other as they can.

“This is my mother,” Carolina happily introduces the woman for the camera. Her mother awkwardly laughs and greets the camera shyly, not knowing if she wants to show her face or not. “She came to Korea today to watch our concert tomorrow.”

Carolina takes her mother to where the stage rehearsal is on-going and while standing next to the stage, the other members standing on the stage greets their friend’s mother with through their microphones when seeing her. Carolina has to keep practicing, but her mother stands on the side and watches them without being in the way.

5 Pieces keeps on with their rehearsal, changing clothes for most of the performances too to make sure it works. Carolina’s mother is watching from the side, watching them in silence. While the girls are focusing on the rehearsals, a camera comes up to Carolina’s mother.

“My daughter invited me to see their first concert. Of course I would come, since it is their first concert,” her mother answers the camera-woman. “It is rare to see my daughter because she is busy all the time. I’m very happy that she wanted me to come and to see her work so hard before the concert makes me know that she really likes what she is doing.”

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

Hannah is practicing for [Crazy In Love], wearing the revealing outfit that is a pair of hip hop styled pants, a very short top and a tight tank top under it to not reveal too much. The short top just goes straight below her s, so the tank top is to not show too much of her stomach (but while dancing the tank top goes up a little, as the stylists planned). She is seriously practicing on the stage but still when the music is paused she is told to show more confidence. She is being teased for her shyness since she is for the first time revealing her stomach, though it is just a little. She laughs with the others when being teased, hiding her stomach a little.

“Where am I supposed to run…?” Hannah asks, looking completely clueless when she is supposed to run off the stage after her performance. A staff waves from the side that she is supposed to run down there.

Hannah smiles awkwardly when the camera comes up to her and she covers her stomach with her hands.

“It’s for my solo performance,” Hannah says shyly. “We didn’t get time to go through it yesterday, so I am a little lost today.”

She still does very well and the rehearsals go on.

The girls had all greeted Carolina’s mother, but they didn’t get much time to talk because of the rehearsals. Her mother then left to not be a disturbance and to check in on the hotel she will stay by during the night. Later, they go through the performances again when Lee Sooman comes over. The girls are just as nervous as when DBSK where there as he is sitting in front of the stage. He asks about everything, makes sure the lightings looks cool; that the members won’t look lost on the stage and that it looks good to have the songs in that order. He stays to watch from first song to last song, staying focused all the time.

“With the arena filled with fans, I think it will be easier to show your playful side,” Lee Sooman tells the girls when they are walking backstage. He looks like a father the way he smiles when talking to them. “Get a good night of sleep and do well tomorrow,” is the last thing he tells the girls before parting.

The concert is tomorrow, and the girls are restless when they come home. They are still forced to bed, even if sleep is hard to get because of the nervousness.

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

Headline 04th: U-Kiss’ Kevin Thanks 5 Pieces’ Hannah On Twitter For Advertising [Tick Tack]

Headline 04th: Moon Child Concert D-2!

Headline 04th: ‘5 Pieces 日本における (in Japan)’ Airs Episode 5 And Shows 5 Pieces’ Popularity On Fan-Signings

Headline 04th: Carolina Talks About 5 Pieces’ Concert On Her Radio, Saying They Are Looking Forward To The Concert

 

Headline 05th: 5 Pieces Uploads Photo From Rehearsal, Concert D-1!

Headline 05th: ‘5 Pieces in Japan’ Airs Episode 6

Headline 05th: Japanese Actor Hayami Mokomichi Visits 5 Pieces Backstage At Fan Meeting In Episode 6 Of 5 Pieces In Japan