Chapter 48

5 Pieces' Magnae (5)

“What are you doing?” Jonghyun laughs by her bedroom’s door. Hannah peeks out behind the wardrobe door and suddenly pulls down her sweater to hide more of her legs. Jonghyun laughs again and closes the door after him. “I like seeing your legs, so don’t hide them,” he tells her.

Hannah pouts and keeps the sweater down with one hand when he takes the other hand in his. Jonghyun keeps smiling and he puts his other arm around her to give her a hug. Hannah puts her hand that he is holding by his waist, still holding her sweater down with her other hand. Jonghyun gives out a laugh and he takes her free hand in his, entwining their hands together so she has to let go of the sweater and he leans back, reaching their arms out. He wrinkles his forehead when Hannah embarrassedly looks down.

“Hannah,” he says in a strict voice. “Look at me.”

Hannah looks up, Jonghyun still holding out their arms together. He keeps wrinkling his forehead when they look at each other.

“You’re beautiful,” he tells her. Hannah smiles and lowers her head, taking a step forward to hide her face in his chest. Jonghyun smiles too, embracing her again after letting her hands go. “You’re cute and y too.”

She giggles on his chest, slightly hitting him. “Did you come to make fun of me, Jonghyun?”

Jonghyun holds on to her and puts his head next to hers, whispering in her ear; “You are perfect.” Hannah looks up at him, finally pouting while Jonghyun smiles down at her. “Even your pout is perfect,” he tells her and carefully places his lips on hers. Hannah tries to hold back her smile but ends up giggling instead and she leans away. In a second she has gotten out of his grip and she turns around to close the wardrobe; her sweater isn’t as short as it reveals her . Jonghyun takes his hand around her arm and turns her around at the same time as he takes a big step closer to her, placing his other hand by her waist so she can’t get away. Hannah smiles, because he wasn’t hard-handed and her back touches the closed wardrobe door.

“Emelia will soon look in here,” Hannah whispers to him.

“Is that a warning?” Jonghyun whispers back and leans closer to her.

Hannah brushes her lips against his, meeting his gaze, before whispering that if he wants to stay he should see it as a good warning. He gives a nod before taking a step back and going to sit down on the bed, asking what she wants to do. Hannah looks a little surprised over that he let her go just like that and Jonghyun gives her a charming smile from the bed. He knew it would surprise her.

“Then we can go see what the others are doing,” Hannah suggests and starts to walk to the door.

“Oh, oh!” Jonghyun says in surprise and gets up, grabbing Hannah’s hand and pulls her to him. She laughs when she falls over him on the bed and she puts a lock of his hair away from his forehead. Jonghyun smiles confidently; both of them had known each other’s thoughts.

“Emelia is keeping an eye on you,” Hannah tells him, caressing a bit of his hair.

“All of them are,” he corrects her and puts his hand by her waist. “But they have nothing to worry about.”

“Mm, really?” Hannah says with a cute smile that grows when he pouts out his lips at her for a kiss. “You’re really adorable, you know that don’t you?”

“Only if you say it,” he answers and Hannah gives a small laugh before kissing him.

They break the kiss the moment it knocks on the door and they laughs when hearing Emelia say she is entering. Hannah sits up and looks at the door when Emelia opens it. She just pops her head in, seeing the smiling couple looking at her. She looks suspicious.

“We are just talking, Emelia,” Hannah tells her.

“Sure…” Emelia still looks suspicious. And she closes the door when she leaves, without saying anything more. Hannah and Jonghyun both giggles and Jonghyun puts his arm around Hannah to pull her down in the bed. She keeps laughing but stops when putting her arms around him and he kisses her passionately.

Jonghyun stays for as long as possible. After being in Hannah’s room, just making out and talking, they join the other members of 5 Pieces in the living-room to watch TV.

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

“WE’RE 5 PIECES!” Carolina screams in the microphone and laughs when Maria hits her on the back with her palm.

They are practicing just the singing for the songs in the music room, no dancing. They are going through every single song, but since it is 5 Pieces, it’s not like they can sing all the songs without moving around. For several of the songs the girls are either standing up to dance or just fool around.

When Hannah is singing her part of one of the ballads, Maria turns to look at her and fools around by miming to what Hannah sings and she takes Hannah’s hand to her chest as if singing to each other as lovers. Hannah just laughs when she has forced herself to finish singing her part and she hides her face in Maria’s arm when laughing.

Concert cameras are filming them today too. During these few days, the staff has been in a lot of trouble because when filming they have accidentally been caught laughing on the tapes when 5 Pieces have been just too fun.

They practice the pop song [Can’t Stop] from their first album, jumping around and being like children at the karaoke. They bursts out laughing when Carolina’s voice cracks as she is too excited and when they are scolded for fooling around too much they sits down to keep practicing in a calmer mood.

For the ballad [Tomorrow (I’ll Be Gone)] from their mini album last year, Carolina and Julia are both standing up while the other three are sitting down. The song needs a lot of concentration and Hannah keeps her eyes on the lyrics in the paper she is holding. They do the song one more time after been given advices.

The concert cameras take a break while the practice goes on. Close after the cameras have left for the staff to eat, the girls gets visit by SHINee’s Minho, Key and Jonghyun. They have also come to practice for their appearances in the concert. Minho and Key will both be featuring in the song [Give Back], instead of the two Super Junior members who sings in the album version and then Jonghyun and Key will be featuring in the song [Her Man] that they also sang with 5 Pieces for the mini album last year.

They are all practicing seriously and since the girls already have gone through the songs before, it is mostly the boys who are learning the lyrics and the songs.

After the practice there they go to the dance room to practice there, but when they first come in there they meet stylist Yong Hyun who has come with some clothes for the concert. Concert cameras have also prepared to film in there.

“Oh!” Maria and Julia rushes towards the boxes, followed by the other girls. They all laugh happily when seeing the sweatshirts and t-shirts that has been made for the concert. Hannah and Julia are happily jumping back and forth in front of the cameras, showing off the t-shirts they are holding up.

“Carolina drew this,” Julia stops to show the drawn manga characters of 5 Pieces on the back of the t-shirts. “She drew each one of us unique… And it stands ‘5 Pieces, The First Concert, 2012, Moon Child’.”

“This is me,” Hannah pops up with her t-shirt for the camera, pointing at the only manga character at the front of the t-shirt of a blonde-haired girl who has a big smile. “Carolina made me cute, don’t you think?” Happily she jumps over to Carolina to hug her and congratulate her for the amazing t-shirts.

The girls are happily looking at the ordered clothes that have arrived, since all of them are really amazing. The t-shirts are for the ending of the show, and the sweatshirts that also have the concert’s logo on them are personally for the girls to wear to promote the concert.

“Which member thinks the most of what she wears?” the camera-woman asks Emelia when they are warming up for practice.

“Maria,” Emelia answers. “On stage she gives attention to everything she is wearing, and even when we are wearing our own clothes she may say she just wears whatever she finds, but all her clothes are fashion clothes.”

“We’ll start with [I Love You],” the teacher says and the girls walk up.

On the first break, Hannah is sitting on the floor and is talking about one of the performances with their teacher. They keep going through things for the performances, and during a later break, the concert camera comes up to Hannah who tried to secretly drink some water.

Wearing a t-shirt and pants, Hannah is sweating from all the practicing. But she isn’t tired yet. She takes her fingers through her hair when seeing the camera.

“Tomorrow we will rehearse at the concert place,” Hannah answers. “So we have to go through everything today to not have any questions tomorrow about the choreography.”

“What do you think of having your first concert?” the camera-woman asks.

“We have started on our … fourth year in Korea,” she starts to answer and turns off the sound of her cell phone when she receives a text. “We have really wanted to have our own concert, and now … we are finally having it. It still feels unreal, even if every second is spent thinking about it. I want to do well, so it will be a lot of practicing.”

“Our two biggest worries are if everything will go well and if our fans will have fun on the concert,” Julia says next too and Hannah nods in agreement.

“Ah~” Maria sings out for practice. “A-ah~”

The girls keep practicing. They go through the choreography for the songs together, but they can still end up having fun at the same time. Since having a concert is fun, the girls can’t hide their excitement. Carolina out of nowhere screams that they will have a concert and when messing up another member will playfully grab that person’s collar with a laugh. They film their practice and looks through it too.

Maria shows her cell phone for the camera to show what time it is. “Its 1AM, ish,” Maria says with a tired face. Next to her the camera catches Hannah sitting under their concert sweatshirt, looking through one of the practices they had filmed on the camera before. She is seriously watching it.

“It will make us- Through this concert we will get to perform songs we have never performed before and we will show a lot of different sides of us,” Maria says after changing what to say at the beginning when leaning a little closer to the camera as she isn’t talking so loud; she is tired. “We want to have a lot of fun with our fans, because believe it or not, this concert means a lot for us.”

“Why does it mean a lot for you?” the camera-woman wonders.

“Because it is another dream coming true,” Maria smiles sweetly. Hannah puts the camera away, finished watching, and she puts her chin on Maria’s shoulder to hear what she says. “As 5 Pieces, we will have a lot of concerts in the future. But nothing beats the first concert, so expect us to be crazy and cry.”

“She will be crazy and I will cry,” Hannah agrees and points at first Maria and then herself.

“But we will make it,” Maria says with a glance at Hannah who leans back to not be too close. Maria puts her hand around her. “We will make it, won’t we, baby?”

“We’ll make it,” Hannah answers and Maria looks back at the camera.

“Because we are pieces of one and our fans love us,” Maria starts to say with Hannah nodding next to her. “We will pull off a show you will never forget!”

“Pieces of one!” Hannah cheers for the camera and you can hear Emelia and Julia in the background say with Maria; “5 Pieces!”

Hannah and Maria laughs like crazy over it.

Some minutes later they go back to practice. Even this late after spending the whole day practicing, the girls are doing their best to learn the choreography for the songs.