Chapter 59

5 Pieces' Magnae (5)

5 Pieces is filming for the Swedish program when they are at Inkigayo. The group comes early for their pre-recording of their song, so while waiting for their turn it is very calm backstage. Carolina is half asleep; her head has rolled to the side. Next to her, Hannah is sitting and talking to a manager on the phone about the upcoming schedule and Emelia butts in to talk at times too. Maria had gone with Julia to go look at MBLAQ’s pre-recording.

After ending the call, Hannah is still busy sending and receiving texts on her cell phone. Jonghyun is practicing, but he texts her whenever he gets the chance and Hannah is just the same. She is also texting to Dara from 2NE1.

Since the group is used to have cameras following them, they aren’t really seeking for attention. Now they are more likely being very boring, but its morning and the girls all are slowly waking up. The camera staff is also waking up, so they are resting in the room as well and even if some are filming they don’t have to move around a lot – which they are glad for. Following 5 Pieces so far has been hard, going back and forth from Japan and the concert, the staff knows that the group isn’t still for much.

Maria and Julia returns to the room and says how much time they have left until it is their turn to record, so not much later all five members are awake and they are preparing for their performance. They are either getting a check on their outfits and make-up or practicing. Hannah has her eyes closed when Mi Young is fixing the make-up, but you can see that she is still practicing since her free arms are doing some movements and her lips are moving as in lip-synching. Julia is going through the choreography with Carolina and Emelia is commenting them from the side. The whole group ends up going through the choreography together before heading to the stage with their headsets microphones. The camera films them from the side when 5 Pieces goes up to the prepared stage and greets the fans who have come to watch the pre-recording.

“Hey girls, we forgot the cheer,” Maria suddenly remembers, talking with her hand covering the microphone by . The group gets together in a circle, their hands on top of each other like they always do before a performance. For performances like this, the group rarely has anyone keeping a speech like they did for the concert. “Who are we?” Maria asks; all of them covering their microphones so their voices won’t scream out loudly.

“5 Pieces!” the four members say together and you can hear the fans cheer in front of the stage when hearing them says the group-name.

“Who are we?!” Maria says a little louder.

“5 Pieces!” the five members laugh and Hannah gets a pat on the back by Emelia when their hands have gone up in the air and the circle is parting. Hannah looks at Emelia in a reflex and Emelia simply tells her to not forget the part at the end after Emelia’s rap. The two girls have often clash into each other at that part during practice. Hannah nods but just in case asks if she was supposed to go behind Emelia and not in front. Emelia raps the two last parts of her rap and automatically the two of them go through the part where they dance by each other. Though they have performed it two times this weekend already, somehow the girls aren’t confident in the dance yet so they keep going through it.

The group takes their position for the pre-recording to start and Hannah looks nervous when she looks up at Maria just a second before the song starts to play. They get into performance mood right away.

[Carolina] *HEY, BOY, LISTEN TO ME

Don’t turn your back on me

[Emelia] THIS IS THE LAST TIME*

[Carolina] *Again, again today you were late

I had waited, waited so long for you

Again, again today you left me

You left me just like that?*

[Julia] *I won’t, won’t love you again

Your dissatisfaction of me

[Hannah] I saw right through your behaviour

You never treated me right*

[CHORUS 1, Maria] *I am so disappointed, disappointed

Of your actions, your words

Even your expression

I am so disappointed, disappointed*

[CHORUS 2, ALL] *Now I will SWITCH (switch, switch)

I will SWITCH (switch, switch)

To someone who will love me

SWITCH (switch, switch)

To someone who can prove it

He will only have his eyes on me

Now I will SWITCH (switch, switch)*

[Maria] *Again, again today you were late

I had waited so long for you

Again, again today you left me

You left me just like that?*

[Julia] *I will love someone else

Someone who loves me back

[Emelia] The right behaviour of taking my heart

You never learnt it right*

[CHORUS 1, Hannah] *I am so disappointed, disappointed

Of your actions, your words

Even your expression

I am so disappointed, disappointed*

[CHORUS 2, ALL] *Now I will SWITCH (switch, switch)

I will SWITCH (switch, switch)

To someone who will love me

SWITCH (switch, switch)

To someone who can prove it ([Hannah] ooh!)

He will only have his eyes on me

Now I will SWITCH*

[Hannah] *So today I was late

You had waited so long for me

[Julia] So today I left you

[Maria] I left you just like that*

[CHORUS 1, Carolina] *I am so disappointed, disappointed

Of your actions, your words

Even your expression

I am so disappointed, disappointed*

[CHORUS 2, ALL] *Now I will SWITCH (switch, switch)*

I will SWITCH (switch, switch)

To someone who will love me

SWITCH (switch, switch)

To someone who can prove it

He will only have his eyes on me

Now I will SWITCH*

[Emelia, RAP] *Next boy up, it’s your chance (EM)

He- he- he is my up- up- upgrade

I switch to someone else

You- you- your turn is gone

I already switched, you are gone ([Carolina] I switch to someone better~)

He- he- he is my up- up- upgrade

He will do what you failed ([Carolina] yeah~)

Now see me walk the street,

Hand in hand, with someone else*

[Maria] *No tears to fall, I am over this

The feelings I said I felt for you

[+ Hannah] Already changed*

[CHORUS 1, ALL] *I am so disappointed, disappointed

Of your actions, your words ([Maria] I’m disappointed of everything you do)

Even your expression ([Maria] You disappoint me~)

I am so disappointed, disappointed*

[CHORUS 2, ALL] *Now I will SWITCH (switch, switch)

I will SWITCH (switch, switch) ([Hannah] Woa~)

To someone who will love me ([Maria] Tell me~)

SWITCH (switch, switch) ([Hannah] AH~~)

To someone who can prove it

He will only have his eyes on me

Now I will SWITCH*

[Emelia] *Listen to me

Don’t turn your back on me*

Throughout the whole song the girls are doing the tough dance. The lyrics, tempo and choreography that is repeatedly show their charisma and focused expressions, plus the individual parts are making the fans scream even more. The girls are already breathing heavily when they have performed the song one time, but after looking through the recorded performance they decide to do it a second time.

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

“Speak properly,” Emelia mutters and Hannah gives her a glance before turning back to the camera. The group is doing another interview and Hannah is answering a question about their new song when she had messed up with the words again. Hannah tries to talk again but gets quiet when Carolina says something that no one catches. Hannah looks at Carolina at the same time as Emelia hits the girl sitting next to her in their normal order.

“Ya, why do you always ruin everything?” Maria asks Carolina who looks like she doesn’t understand what just happened. “Our baby was talking, so be quiet.”

Emelia tells Hannah to keep talking, but Hannah stays quiet while all of them are looking at the camera. When Hannah can’t seem to find what to say, the girls laughs and Maria even stands up to ask her why she isn’t talking now when everyone else is quiet. Hannah innocently defends herself from her members’ words by saying “I forgot what I was going to say…” Julia taps Hannah on the leg, saying it is okay while the other members makes it noisy again and the two other girls also joins in before they gets quiet; Maria telling Hannah to try and answer the question again.

“I want to SWITCH,” Hannah says and puts her leg over the other, causing many to laugh but of course she quickly grabs Julia’s hand and apologizes to her members with a laugh before answering the actual question by explaining the song they now are promoting. She then listens to the other members talking, showing reaction and such like she always does.

“As a group, we have already done a lot of things and the members have tried on acting, DJ and other solo activities, but we want to keep try new things in the future,” Maria answers another question. “Because we still lack a lot, both as a group and individually, we want to keep improve to not disappoint our fans.”

“Maybe because we are going in on our fourth year, we want to do better and better,” Carolina starts to finish off. “We are looking forward to show you more of 5 Pieces in the future.”

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

Headline 14th: 5 Pieces Makes A [Switch] Comeback On Music Core

Headline 14th: Kevin Gets Help From s To Cook For Julia On We Got Married

Headline 14th: Maria Thanks Her Family And Friends For Their Support

 

Headline 15th: 5 Pieces Sings They Will [Switch] On Inkigayo

Headline 15th: 5 Pieces Says “Going In On Our 4th Year, We Want To Do Better And Better”