Chapter 51

5 Pieces' Magnae (5)

The girls are all wearing their first outfits for the concert when meeting with all the reporters and journalists, looking like pirates. Several layers of clothing, big belts and just looking like fabulous pirates – like Maria says. They don’t look like their cute concept from last year, more like when they debuted with [Moon Child] three years ago. But, they look more experienced and dreamy, as money and fame have made them go from rookies to masters.

With their big concert poster behind them the girls stands up for the photo time. The girls look at so many flashing cameras as possible, at times raising their hands coolly. It is fun, to go from the cute [I Love You] to the charismatic [Moon Child] in front of the cameras after just a week. In the practice room it is easy to change style from song to song, but it does feel stranger in front of the cameras after spending so many months with the cute clothes.

After sitting down, the questions are given.

Question: “What are your thoughts on holding 5 Pieces’ first solo concert?”

Carolina is the first member to answer a question. “We have dreamed of having a concert, and that the day is already here makes us really excited. We have done our best to prepare for this concert, so not being able to get so much sleep we think it’s definitely worth it even if the concert hasn’t started yet. We are looking forward to meet our fans on the stage through our first concert and show what we have prepared.”

Question: “How did you prepare for ‘Moon Child’ concert?”

“After some months preparations we have spent the last days focusing only on the concert. The only thing we have been able to think of lately is the concert and we have exchanged a lot of ideas with the staff to make it as good as possible. The name Moon Child for the concert was decided from our debut single. It is a reminder of our journey from 5 Pieces’ beginning here in Korea up to now,” Julia answers just like they have practiced.

Question: “A lot of fans overseas have come for the concert. Who’s the most popular member overseas?”

“Hannah is the most popular member in Japan because of her earlier activities there,” Emelia is answering, “while in Thailand and China, I think I am the most popular (a little laughter at her self-love). But since we have been active for some time we are all about the same in other countries.”

Question: “Have your friends shown support to your concert?”

“There are a lot of people who have supported us in the preparations for our concert by given us helpful advice, and there are also a lot of friends who are showing us support for the first concert. Our SM Town family has been very helpful as most of them have had their own concert already,” Hannah answers. “We will try to not disappoint them.”

For the final question, it is leader Maria who answers. Question: “Any last thoughts about today’s concert?”

“To start 2012 like this, we don’t want to disappoint ourselves and those who have showed so much support for us, but since we have worked hard and have looked forward to this concert I think we have high expectations on ourselves as well. As it is the first time having our own concert, we want to do well and let our fans enjoy it just as much as us. Though we will make mistakes, we will still have a lot of fun. If everyone can enjoy the concert, we won’t have any regrets. We will work harder in the future.”

After the press conference has ended, 5 Pieces heads backstage to prepare for the concert. Earlier they had again gone through on the stage several things for the concert, but it’s not many hours left. Fans have been waiting outside the arena since early in the morning. They are cheering, singing, dancing and making a lot of noise outside. The girls had looked outside through a window out of curiosity and by seeing so many people make butterflies make a mess in their stomachs.

Hannah keeps taking deep breaths when they are backstage, she is trying to not panic about their first concert. Compared to the day before, they have been sent a lot of flowers and such in congratulation for their concert. JYJ (other half of DBSK) has even sent rice wreaths to wish them good luck. The whole front are has a lot of rice wreaths and there are gifts and even a cake prepared from Puzzle that they will eat after the concert.

Carolina’s mother is backstage with them and Maria’s sisters and two friends who all came in the morning to Korea from Sweden are there as well. They had all been invited, so they are backstage with the girls now. Maria’s sisters are looking a little confused by everyone else walking around; staff, dancers and 5 Pieces.

“Does anyone know where my sweatshirt went?” Maria asks in a loud voice.

She keeps looking around in the room that looks pretty messy with all gifts and things, so in the end she walks with a staff to the stage where she finds it – good thing she found it now before fans would enter. Monster Trainer that the girls have met once in a while since summer for hell training is there to make sure the girls stretches and breathes while waiting for the concert to start.

The fans are then being let inside the arena and to not start crying or getting a panic attack, Hannah makes sure to be busy by either reading letters they have been given, writing autographs on their concert posters, talking to someone and nervously do something with her hands. Julia has something to distract her; they are filming We Got Married, so she goes outside for a while to meet her “husband” who has come to watch the concert.

The girls do several interviews too, in Korean, English and Swedish (mostly Korean) for several channels and programs. They are able to talk and answer questions without looking too nervous or too excited. That is what they call “professional”.

When it’s around 40 minutes left before the concert will start, DBSK and SHINee walk inside the room. DBSK’s Yunho and Changmin plus SHINee’s Jonghyun, Minho and Key are there because they will perform during the concert, and that Onew and Taemin also comes along is just for support.

“You looking so nervous makes me nervous too,” Yunho laughs when seeing the girls who can’t be still for half a second.

They are introduced to the Swedish families that have come, and Hannah gets calmer by it since Maria’s sisters are going all crazy to meet DBSK (just like 5 Pieces, they are fans). Hannah does high-ten with Jonghyun one time, two, three, four, five times- they keep doing it like crazy in a try to release the nervousness. When stopping, Onew comes up to do the same and Hannah laughs at how funny he does it. A few minutes later, Hannah walks outside the room and not far away from there she greets SNSD’s Taeyeon, Yoona, Sunny, Yuri and actress Go Ara. They greets Hannah happily and gives her hugs before asking where she is going as they are just passing each other, and after answering, Hannah walks a little further away.

Her daily worry about Kyung Ho gets better when seeing his face in front of her. He is smiling wildly, and he has even dressed up and is holding a bouquet with both hands. Next to him, two of his friends from school are standing (the third friend he has talked about couldn’t come). Kyung Ho reaches over the bouquet the first thing he does before introducing his friends for Hannah who kindly greets them.

“You look really cool,” Kyung Ho mentions. It had surprised him a little to see Hannah come over in the cool outfit and she laughs when hearing how he says it. They talk for a few minutes, Kyung Ho telling Hannah that the surgery went well and that he can leave the hospital in a few weeks. Hannah knows very well that they had both convinced the hospital to let him come to the concert; it was Kyung Ho’s biggest wish to go, whether he would live or die. To see him smile so brightly even if he still is sick makes Hannah feel sorry for bringing him all the way there, but he would rather be there than at the hospital.

“Unnie,” Hannah smiles when Isak and SNSD’s Jessica comes too.

“Woa, you look amazing!” Isak looks surprised to see Hannah out there and they greets each other with hugs. The two guests walk by after the fast greeting as they know Hannah is talking to the children, so the two of them are going to greet the others in the waiting room. Hannah finishes talking to Kyung Ho and his friends to let them go take their seats after a staff member have helped them take a photo, and her heart hurts when she sees how slowly Kyung Ho walks. She returns to the room and greets their friends more property, also getting some more advices to stay calmed.

The concert is closing in when Super Junior’s Leeteuk, Yesung, Donghae and the SM actor Kim Min Jong walks inside. Super Junior is always loud and after making the short visit they loudly wishes 5 Pieces the best for the concert before heading to take their seats with SNSD and the others.

“I heard there are a lot of foreigners,” Julia nervously says as the minutes are closing in.

“OH MY GOD!” Maria bursts out. All the guests have taken their seats, including their families, and the girls are now starting to panic. Maria looks like she is about to cry when she jumps up from her seat and embraces Hannah, still jumping so she almost hits Hannah’s chin.

“AAAAAAAHHHH!” they both scream in the hug, not knowing what else to do to release their nervousness.

“Ya, don’t scream!” Emelia tells them, though she looks just as nervous as the others.

“YA!” Maria screams at her, letting go of Hannah. “I will scream! I don’t know what to do!”

“My heart is beating so fast!” Hannah whines next to her.

“Should we scream on stage?” Carolina asks in a loud voice to be heard.

“Shout ‘are you ready?’ and ‘come on!’” Julia suggests.

“COME ON!” Maria shouts.

The girls fixes their clothes and make up and goes through a dance before they gets together for a cheer with their hands on top of each other. They are all taking deep breathes.

“So what should we do…?” Maria asks at first before shaking her head and focusing. “I don’t care about mistakes today, as long as there aren’t too many and too big, because we have three hours to make up for it. Don’t hurt yourself and stay on the safe line, most of the time. Let’s scream and shout until we loose our voices! Ah, wait; we have a concert tomorrow too… Then just scream and shout ‘til we die!” Everyone laughs and thought she was done, but she keeps on in a louder voice: “TODAY! 5 Pieces’ very, very, very first solo concert MOON CHILD! Have fun on stage!” Her voice goes louder and louder: “No matter how many times I curse at you; I LOVE YOU LADIES! Now, WHO THE HELL ARE WE?!”

“5 PIECES!”

“WHO?!” Maria screams so loud that her voice almost disappears.

“5 PIECES!” everyone takes in from their toes to be even louder and their hands flies up in the air.

On the way to the stage, the girls are getting hugs, doing high-five and cheers with the staff they walks by. Before that they had gotten supportive words by DBSK and three members of SHINee who are backstage. The girls are nervously taking their positions in the darkness; the introduction of the concert has already started.

The crowded arena is filled with fans waving their purple coloured sticks as the opening video {Children Of The Moon} has started. The audience cheers loudly at every member’s cool introduction on the video and behind the stage, Hannah can feel her whole body get more and more nervous. Though she is standing still, her insides are turning and making her feel sick from nervousness. The members are all wishing they would hold hands one more time before going out on the stage, just to give each other more courage as their nervousness it screaming inside of them.

The smoke starts to come out on the stage, and the opening video shows all five members walking next to each other. They do look really cool in the video in their pirate outfits, walking charismatically towards the audience. The members on the video get smaller and smaller until they get in human size and the video welcomes 5 Pieces in a cool voice before those on the video disappears and 5 Pieces appears instead. The loud screaming from the audience makes them feel like they really are at top of the world, having all those people cheer you on.

They start to perform [Original]. Maria starts the song coolly, not sounding or looking the least nervous. The audience sings along with them during the song and screams at how cool the performance is. Hannah isn’t nervous anymore, none of them are. She is just excited that the fans are excited, so she is excitedly performing. They perform [Get Out] (introduction remix) out on the middle stage. The remix introduction is really fun as the girls performs like normally when the music kind of plays differently and a member walks up to the front to get a short solo dance that gets a loud cheer for the audience. They starts to perform [Moon Child] right away on the middle stage, having fans all around them cheering along as it sure was some time since 5 Pieces performed the song. In the middle of the song, Carolina and Emelia gets up in the air by the wires with the other three members dancing on their own on different places on the stages. It gets wild in the audience by having two members in the air.

Hannah feels so great performing and she loves the cheer from the audience that never stops. [Moon Child] stops with the girls taking their ending positions and the camera for the big screen shows Emelia when she right away starts to rap for the rock-ish [Love] and the members all of a sudden starts to twirl around and throw around their pirate clothes for effects. Their voices are husky and cool for the song and Hannah gets down on her heels in front of the fans that screams and waves their arms like crazy that makes her smile.

The chorus is the ending of the song and the girls sings it on the main stage before the song ends. Hannah gives a laugh – not so you can hear it through the microphone – at the audience that keeps cheering even when the song has ended.

The introduction starts with a voice saying their names. ‘The wild and cute mascot, Carolina’ – ‘The mischievous and playful, EM’ – ‘The y and shy bunny, Hannah’ – ‘The most charming and sweet, Julia’ and ‘The princess captain, Maria’. All five members get a loud response by the explanations and some even laughs.

“1, 2, 3,” Maria counts down before the group says with a bow; “hello, we are pieces of one; 5 Pieces!”

“5 Pieces first concert, everyone!” Carolina cheers and waves her fist happily. “Are you all excited?”

“YEEEES!”

“We too!” Hannah and Julia cutely say in chorus and laughs at that they said it together. Julia throws her hand towards Hannah. They actually wants to jump around by the sight of the filled arena that is showing 5 Pieces’ colour.

“Sing along and have a lot of fun with us today! The next song is [Now and Forever]!”

They perform the pop song as a cool dance remix before hurrying off the stage. Maria went off before the song ended, so she has already changed clothes for the next song when the other members come backstage. Maria performs the ballad [Deep Blue Eyes] from their first album, featuring Yunho and Changmin. From backstage, the girls can hear the audience scream like crazy when the Dong Bang boys appear on the stage.

Hannah turns around in the dressing-room after changing clothes. She sees Honggi stand there; he is dressed in matching clothes like Hannah. They haven’t talked to each other for a week, and then he is standing in front of her. Maria is still performing, so the only two who are in a hurry are Carolina and Julia.

“Can you perform with me?” Honggi asks when Hannah comes up to him. He had come earlier in the day to go through the performance on the stage, but 5 Pieces had been doing an interview at that time. So Hannah hadn’t seen him until now.

“Don’t start,” she simply tells him. He looks sad when looking at her, but Hannah looks sad at him too. She has been so busy preparing for the concert this week that she hasn’t thought of him, but seeing him stand in front of her makes her realise how much she has missed him. No texts, no calls. It feels like a long time since she heard his voice last time, even if she earlier in the day listened to their duo during rehearsals. “Today and tomorrow, let us do well on stage,” Hannah tells him. He sees it as she will forget the past for these two days and nods.

They practice their song together one time backstage before they are told to go to the stage. Carolina and Julia have performed a cover of BoA’s [My Name] after Maria’s performance. From the stages’ “left arm”, Honggi comes out from a lift through the floor and starts to sing [Endless Love]. The audience is almost crying when seeing him, as they all know what kind of performance it will be. The ballad is sung, starting with Honggi’s first verse. Hannah comes up on the “right arm” of the stage, appearing just like Honggi did on the left, and she sings her part with the audience crying even more.

While singing the song, the two artists walks together to the middle stage where they meets up and sings to each other. Their voices melt in together so beautifully that one fan close to the stage is crying so much. But she cried when DBSK sang the ballad with Maria too, because that was also just as beautiful as this performance.

When the performance ends, Hannah goes to change clothes again as the video {Land Ahoy!} is playing. The video is really funny as it shows 5 Pieces having their positions on the ship. Hannah is the look-out, looking through a monocular that looks like one pirate uses. When getting ready to go back on the stage, the girls can hear the audience laugh at the video and they looks happy at each other. The reaction has so far been just as they have dreamed.

The girls performs next [Let Us Sing] from their recent repacked album and the Korean version of [Victory] that they sung for Hannah’s Japanese drama. For the Korean version they are walking around and singing, waving at the fans and posing for the many cameras there. They smile and have fun. A short video introduces [Without You] and the girls perform the R&B song with a dance.

“Wo!” Hannah jumps over from their ending pose for the song when the hip hop song [Give Back] from their first album starts to play. Hannah walks around, clapping her hands over her head while doing the song and very soon, SHINee’s Key and Minho comes out on the stage, rapping so coolly. Hannah bounces over to the middle stage and does high-five with Key when joining them and she then puts her arm around Carolina as they starts to sing the chorus together. The audience is jumping along with them, going nuts when Minho puts his arm around Maria and she looks so happy about it that the audience gives a bigger reaction.

Hannah leaves the stage before the others, running to change her clothes into a pair of black fitting jeans, high heels and a slashed t-shirt that doesn’t reveal too much skin beside from the back. When [Give Back] ends, Hannah has done high-five with Yunho at the back and taken her position under the main stage.

*You know, I think…* is all that the audio gets time to say before the audience starts to cheer. Hannah wonders if they even know what song it is. The audio ends *I am burning* while Hannah appears with the lift from the main stage, just that spot shines up. She is standing with her back towards the audience, showing the slashed back of her t-shirt and she gets a hot response.

She starts the performance, singing live with the microphone in her hand.

*For the very first glance, old times make a memory

Everything is forgotten, ONLY YOU REMAIN*

Hannah sings her solo debut song [Burning], and when the chorus comes for a third time the audience is probably all wondering the same thing; who will rap? The ending of the chorus is coming and along with Hannah sings a male voice too; *B- B- B- BURNING* as Yunho comes up on the stage. He starts to rap when walking towards Hannah who still is at the main stage.

*FIRE! 당신은 화재, BABY, SO HOT SO HOT

강아지처럼 빙빙 돌려서하다;

당신의 향기가 녹여 만드는

당신에 관한 모든것, IT MAKES ME CRAZY *

Hannah knows she gets shy when he comes up to her, facing her from the side and putting his hand up while rapping like a real master. She wants to lower her head shyly but she stays cool on the outside. He puts his arm around her shoulders, looking out at the audience and the reaction is just as he had expected, so he smiles. Hannah smiles too and she is so close to put her hand by as she really likes it. But the response when he put his arm around her is nothing like when he is ending is rap by letting his fingers touch her cheek before he walks away. Hannah forgets a second what they are doing when she meets his eyes when he touches her cheek and she is a little flustered when she keeps on with the performance.

Hannah comes backstage after her performance, holding the back of her hands towards her cheeks as she without a hurry goes to change clothes again. Emelia starts to perform her own solo debut song [Strong] and after her it is the Trio to perform the ballad song [Passion]. DBSK have ended their featuring now, so they tell Hannah to go on like this with the concert before they go to take seats in the audience as well. SHINee’s Minho walks with them too.

They wipe away the sweat from Hannah after she has changed her clothes, slightly fixing the make-up so she won’t look destroyed already after around 11 songs.

“All dancing and jumping is hard,” Hannah gives a laugh to Yong Hyun.

When the Trio ends performing their song, Emelia and Hannah both walks up on the main stage, cheering with the audience. The trio comes from the extra stages to the main stage.

“So…” Carolina breathes while walking to the stage. “Did you enjoy the concert so far?”

The audience answers loudly and Hannah gives them the thumb up.

“When we were preparing for today’s concert, we were wondering a lot about what our fans would like to see,” Maria says and the others agrees through their microphones, all members now standing on the main stage. “That’s why I will ask you again; is it fun so far?”

The audience screams yes for answer and the girls’ smiles happily. It sounds like it really is a lot of people present in the arena today. “Are you having fun?!” Emelia shouts and the audience screams yes again.

“Do you like me?!” Carolina shouts to join in and while the audience both answers yes and laughs, the members on the stage looks weirdly at her.

“What kind of question is that?” Maria grimaces.

“You should ask if they like 5 Pieces,” Hannah says and Maria agrees, pointing towards Hannah.

“Exactly! Don’t be so selfish, you who calls yourself our mascot,” Maria tells Carolina before turning to the audience. “DO YOU LIKE THE CAPTAIN?!”

“You,” Emelia points at Maria in a warning while Maria raises her arms and closes her eyes to hear the audience scream yes for her question. Hannah laughs at how much the audience likes their simple joke.

“But there are really a lot of people here today,” Julia mentions to ignore the little nagging.

“It is,” Hannah agrees, sounding very impressed. “That we are able to fill up this arena… Our fans are truly amazing.” She laughs over the loud response.

“It’s beautiful,” Maria says sweetly when looking at the audience.

“Do you know what more is beautiful?” Carolina asks and Maria looks like she really doesn’t want to know. Carolina says anyway: “our fans.”

“I just said that!” Maria complains and Carolina looks clueless, saying she didn’t. “I just said they are beautiful,” Maria says and shows with her whole arm the audience.

“Ignore them everyone,” Emelia says and steps up, waving at Carolina and Maria for the audience to ignore. The audience keeps showing happy reactions all the time. The girls keeps talking, entertaining the audience with their jokes and some gets really crazy when Julia turns to Hannah and says something without the microphone to her and both of them laughs.

“Do you want the cute or tough version?” Hannah asks when the members some minutes later ask her to say something to the audience that has been waiting for the concert for so long. Emelia laughs by the question while Maria steps forward to see Hannah and she asks if there is a difference.

“It’s a difference,” Carolina is fast to answer and Hannah says the same. Carolina keeps staying on Hannah’s side, repeating her words in a desperate tone even if no one else says anything and in the end, Maria has to ask if she is obsessed. The audience laughs before they are asked which version they want, but they can’t hear which version they want.

“Did you wait for long?” Hannah out of nowhere says extremely cutely and it is almost a roar of loud screaming over how cute both her expression and voice was. Hannah bursts out laughing and turns around in embarrassment. The members give different reactions and Hannah turns back to apologize for the audience, even if everyone loved it.

“That was the tough one,” Maria says but everyone is fast to correct her by saying ‘cute’.

“Do you not know Korean?” Emelia asks her and Maria is fast to answer in English that she knows Korean very well. The audience loves the change of language. Hannah then is going to show the tough one. She prepares her face to look tough and looks at the audience, her face being showed on the big screen and the audience screams by her tough look.

“Do you want to hear the next song?” she asks coolly and the audience claps their hands or says in the microphone the name of the song. The R&B track [You With Me] from their repacked album starts to play. It isn’t a dance R&B but more a slower one. Hannah walks to the side of the main stage, singing her short part of the song while heading out on the left arm of the stage.

She waves at the audience up on the left side of the stage she walks out on, smiling happily before she starts to jog a little when Emelia comes after her. Hannah turns around to walk backwards when Emelia comes up behind her and the two girls sings towards each other happily, smiling when hearing the audience scream around them.

They finish the song and comes backstage to change clothes again while Julia and Carolina’s {Dear Diary} video is being showed. The video is very cute, both Carolina and Julia on the video are reading/writing what is supposed to be a diary. They are at the pirate ship on the video, both being at different places. Meanwhile, backstage, the girls finish changing clothes to the cute pyjamas outfits and they are ready to make their appearance while waiting for the video to end.

The video ends and the dark arena plays an echo of Carolina’s voice *A MAN like you* in a very familiar melody that makes the audience loudly cheer. 5 Pieces appears on the middle stage as the echo repeats *A MAN like you* before the girls happily tells the fans to sing along as the cute song starts. The audience is already crazy when seeing the cute outfits and the girls happy performs [I Love You].

They perform the ending, singing the chorus happily with the audience singing along. It can’t get better than this. The audience hasn’t seemed bored a single time yet and they are even singing along to songs. When the song ends, Hannah ends it with a peace-sign by her cheek and she laughs as [Let Us Ride], a glad and jumpy song starts to play.

*Oh, oh! Let’s jump!*