Chapter 28

5 Pieces' Magnae (5)

*Hey!* a clear recorded voice of Hannah echoes at MAMA 2011 when the next performance starts and the audience starts to scream as they know whose performance it is. The beginning of [Hey! Hey! Hey!] starts to play and dancers shows up on the stage and starts to dance to the chorus that repeatedly is playing the part *HEY, HEY, HEY DO I SAY – HEY, HEY, HEY* and they keep dancing *HEY, HEY, HEY DO I SAY – HEY, HEY, HEY by the way*. The chorus that normally comes before that part suddenly starts and at the same time 5 Pieces appears on different places around the audience, creating a wild roar.

*HEY!* the girls jumps with the audience around them. *HEY! HEY!*

[Julia] *Life is smiling with you*

*HEY! HEY! HEY!*

[Maria] *Don’t be so down!

Let us make the best of today

HEY! HEY! HEY! HEY!*

They are jumping, shouting Hey together with the audience, while also heading towards the stage. All of them walk up the few stairs to where the other artists are sitting – everyone is standing up now though. [I Love You] starts to play instead of [Hey! Hey! Hey!] and the audience goes wilder as the song is still very high on the music charts in Singapore.

[Hannah] *I giggle like never before (hi-hi-hi)

I don’t know what to do* she sings while being next to Super Junior who are happily following her hand moves to the cute song

*I blush like never before (ha-ha-ha)

I can’t, can’t control myself*

Maria puts her hand by Leeteuk’s chin and sings her part with the shouting fans and a smirk in her face.

*Look at me,* she sings to Leeteuk who finally stops laughing (he loves it). Maria goes on with her members, doing a big high five with those she passes.

*Look inside my heart

My HEART is beating for you

Feel it pounding, hard so hard

I love you

My heart belongs to you*

They walks out towards the main stage while singing the chorus together, and when they reaches the second part of the chorus they starts to dance together. The audience loves the song and backstage the American artists are also commenting the impressive stage. Because even if it is a really cute song, 5 Pieces pulls it off by making the audience have just as fun as them, and the dance and live is really good.

The chorus comes again when they have sun their parts between.

[Chorus, All] *A MAN like you

I fall in love, love, love, love

Who I can trust, who I can believe

I fall in love, love, love, love

A MAN for me*

[Chorus 2, All] *Someone to take care of me

[Emelia] I lo- lo- love you ([Carolina] love~)

[All] These words I kept for you

I love you; I lo- lo- love you*

[Julia] *Now when you are here*

[Maria] *I believe in love~~*

In the middle of Maria’s amazing adlib that makes even the other artists open their mouths in impress: the music stops, Maria’s voice disappears and the whole stadium turns black. The audience screams at first as they thoughts it was just a second’s effect, but seconds passes and everyone wonders what’s going on as you can’t hear or see anything.

Then it comes. The stage shines up and a remix of [One and Only] starts to play with Maria singing out as if her voice was paused from before to now, and her voice is breathtaking for whoever listens. The other members sing the chorus with the roars from the audience over the amazing performance.

The girls sings with all their might, pumped up because the audience is wild from the moment the performance started and they don’t seem to calm down so the girls is also wild from the beginning to the end.

A few minutes after their performance has ended they sits down with the other artists on the side again, being told by SNSD how great the performance was but they gets quiet to enjoy the rest of 2NE1’s performance. Like always, Hannah and Maria has to sit next to each other when [I Am The Best] plays because they have to be crazing loving the song – ok, they try to follow some moves and they are following the beat like Blackjacks.

Since their own performance has ended they can relax, because it was a really great performance. They all told each other backstage that they must have a concert in Singapore.

The Best Male Group & Female Group are being announced. First up is the male group, and the girls thinks it’s either B2ST or Super Junior… They are rolling their hands with SNSD waiting for the winner to be announced;

“Super Junior.”

“Yay!” the girls stands up, clapping their hands and congratulating the boys passing them to the stage. They keep standing up when Super Junior are on the stage but sits down to not be in the way for the other artists sitting around them. They still cheers happily and congratulates them again when they comes back off the stage. Hannah looks behind herself when Maria is talking to Shindong and she smiles when Maria does a weird handshake with Yesung.

The best female group is up next. 5 Pieces is pumped now when Super Junior won and they hear the good female group songs for the nominees. Their song is there too before f(x)’s.

“Best Female Group… SNSD!”

The girls stand up and Carolina is the first to hug Taeyeon and Hannah leans forward to give Jessica and Sooyoung a hug. Yuri does high five with her and Sunny is jumping so much that their hands misses each other two times. Hannah also hugs Tiffany and Seohyun when they walks by and she keeps cheering on them when they have walked by, jumping with Maria next to her.

Even if they didn’t win anything, it is still an experience they won’t forget.

Lee Byung Hun is on the stage and the girls almost forget to congratulate SNSD when they come back. Hannah thinks he’s handsome, and her members agree. He introduces Snoop Dog and Dr Dre’s performance.  When the music starts the girls moves their heads – which probably looks very idiotic – but they still do it.

Next is the final awards, so Hannah is crossing her fingers in hope it is someone she likes – well, she likes most of the nominees so there won’t be a problem there. Emelia shouts when actor Ji Sung walks up on the stage and the girls laugh.

Hannah is really happy. The performances have been fun and even their performance was really fun, and the awards seem fair as well. First up is Song Of The Year, and the girls curiously looks at the nominees. Maria is fast to react when B2ST’s [Fiction] plays – she always pretends to dance with her feet there. Again both Hannah and Maria dances to [I Am The Best], and they now know who will win.

2NE1 wins and the girls are fast to stand up, clapping and jumping. Hannah walks by SNSD who stands up to reach over to 2NE1 when they walk by and Dara notices her. She smiles and gives her a simple hug so Hannah can congratulate her in just a second as she hurries up on the stage.

“I am the best,” CL says when they gets their award and Maria says the same from her seat, making Hannah laugh.

“I can’t understand how happy we are even if we aren’t winning,” Maria laughs. It’s true, they are extremely happy when the other wins. Maybe because it is their friends and those songs winning are truly the best of the year.

Artist Of The Year is next and again they are watching the nominees. And again, all the nominees are really good. Again they are nominated as well, but the girls are more interested in the other nominees.

Hannah is sitting with her hands together, looking forward to it.

“5 Pieces!”

… The confusion over hearing the wrong name makes Hannah loose her face. She sees SNSD stand up in front of her and she thinks she must’ve heard it wrong, but they turn around. Maria gives out a shout before she throws her arms around Hannah and it is 5 Pieces’ song playing in the stadium. They won? How is that possible?

Eunhyuk gets up behind Hannah – who by the way sits furthest out in her group – to tell them to get up. Maria moves to hug members of SNSD instead and Hannah looks at Julia behind Maria who now is the closest to her.

“WE won?” Hannah asks and Julia is just nodding like crazy, hugging her on the way out. Super Junior congratulates them from behind and SNSD from the front and Hannah is lead up on the stage by Julia. She still thinks ‘WE won?’

You can clearly see the shock in their faces when they walk up on the stage, looking at each other, unable to melt it. They weren’t supposed to win. Hannah stops with Julia when they reach the two actors and they bows politely, still trying to grab the truth that their name was called. Maria – who came first – bows two times before she is about to accept the award but she moves with her hands for someone else to take it. Carolina takes it but she passes it over to Hannah. Her hands are shaky and she has to lean the golden award to her stomach in fear of dropping it.

“Woo! Singapore!” Emelia laughs in the microphone when they are supposed to thank people. She pushes Maria closer and Maria takes Hannah’s arm to bring her closer and Hannah looks at Julia to make sure she is there too. Carolina is standing with Emelia and Maria, so all of them are there.

“This was absolutely nothing we had expected,” Emelia says without looking away from her members, smiling more than she ever has done before. She looks out at the audience and in the Chinese she has learnt in school for the past three years she starts to thank the fans for being part of their dream and supporting them. She then says in Korean. “The people we are the most thankful for are our families, SM Entertainment, Lee Soo Man, manager Appa and our stylists, Mi Young Unnie and Yong Hyun Oppa, thank you for standing out with us.”

Julia hugs Hannah from behind and Hannah wants to turn around to hug her, but instead she hugs the award. She holds in the tears, looking from right to left. Julia sobs next to her, also trying to hold in the tears.

Maria leans forward and says in Swedish, happily; “Thank you, mom and dad, our sisters and brothers and families!” and then in English; “thank you for believing with us and … let us bring the world together through music!”

“Puzzle! We love you just as much as you love us if not more,” Carolina leans over her shoulder to say in Korean with tears in . Maria at the same time pushes Hannah to the microphone and Emelia heads behind them and walks over to give Julia a big bug.

“Um… also to our SM Town seniors and juniors and friends,” Hannah says and over at Super Junior and SNSD who still cheers from their seat. Hannah smiles when Maria leans forward to quickly add:

“Kyung Ho, thank you for keeping us as five and get better soon!”

Hannah smiles at her and she now really fights back with the tears. Kyung Ho is probably watching this at the hospital now.

“And thank you 5 Pieces!” Hannah says loudly to her members along to the fans scream with Maria’s arms around her. Hannah then steps back to let Julia and Emelia say some more things. Maria hugs Hannah and they goes around hugging each other, both of them trying to not cry. Carolina joins them too when they stops and the three of them jumps up and down out of happiness.

“Thank you again, Puzzle!” Emelia and Julia say before Maria hurries to get up to them. Hannah walks up behind Emelia and slinks the award in her hands, which Emelia is fast to raise for the audience to see when Maria starts to talk.

“And I want to thank my members, who even after a fight will cry together because we know that even if we fall on the stage, our fans will still cheer us on to get back on our feet,” Maria says with teary eyes. Emelia takes Hannah’s hand and Hannah take’s Carolina’s. Julia takes Maria’s hand and Maria puts her arm around Emelia’s since she is holding the award. “We have gone through a lot as a group, and I am deeply thankful for that we today get to stand here together as 5 Pieces-”

Hannah and Carolina smiles at each other: both having red eyes, and both knowing that Maria is especially talking about the car accident last year. Maria holds in her tears, though you can hear it clearly when she talks, and Julia lowers her head.

“- holding the award that our fans and supporters have helped us achieve. Thank you so much!”

“Thank you!” the group shouts – since not everyone have a microphone in front of them – and they bows as the audience screams loudly.

They hadn’t expected to get an award, which is probably why they are crying. No, they got Artist of The Year award, and that is a big award. After just the day before complaining over their tough schedule, they now think it has been worth it.

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

Headline 29th: 5 Pieces’ Makes Everyone Dance & Sing On MAMA With Their Performance

Headline 29th: 5 Pieces’ Wins Artist Of The Year At MAMA

Headline 29th: Fans Thrilled Over 5 Pieces Big Win

 

Headline 30th: Fans Were In Tears Hearing 5 Pieces Speech At MAMA, Saying They Deserve It

Headline 30th: 5 Pieces Releases Music Video Teaser For Japanese Debut Single [I Love You]

Headline 30th: Swedish ‘Idol 2011’ Announces Performance By 5 Pieces On The Final

Headline 30th: 5 Pieces’ Carolina & Julia Talks About MAMA On Radio, Reveals They Were Told To Not Expect An Award