Chapter 21 + Headlines

5 Pieces' Magnae (5)

Hannah didn’t know until they came to the practice room and told her to go. Lee Sooman and employees as well as the managers had talked, and they had made the decision to let Hannah go to a psychologist. Yet somehow it isn’t so sudden, since the group has talked about it for a long time.

So when Carolina heads for her radio, Hannah goes to a room at the agency that is known as a resting room. When she looks inside the room, an older woman in her late 30s is in there. Though she is older she is around Hannah’s height when standing up.

“Ms Hannah,” the woman says with a smile – a true smile.

“Hello ms Park,” Hannah greets her politely, but still a little awkward.

“It’s good to see you again. It’s been over a year since last time, hasn’t it?” Ms Park says when they have taken a seat in the comfortable chairs. Hannah used to meet Ms Park every week over a year ago, they talked a lot, so Ms Park is well aware of how Hannah is like. “The reason they asked me to meet you was … do you know?”

“Because of … a song I wrote,” Hannah says in a low voice.

Ms Park nods her head before asking what it is with the song, why they would think she needed to meet Ms Park after reading the song. “They thought the song kind of… it would give bad influence on people, I think. I wrote the song on one of the days when I didn’t get to work, so I guess it was just a bad day of mine…”

“Do those days come often?” Ms Park asks.

Hannah gets quiet while thinking about it. “When the schedule is full, it’s like I don’t have time to be in a bad mood. Now, we have a lot to do with Japanese debut, the concert, the award shows and the new single and current promotions… It’s when I’m alone I get depressed, so it doesn’t happen often.”

“All the work doesn’t make you tired?”

“I get tired, but not depressed.”

“How do you react on the anti fans who gathered outside your apartment this morning then? It can’t feel good,” Ms Park tries.

“Antis have attacked us many times before,” Hannah starts to answer in a slow voice. “But being outside the apartment building is… it’s a little too much.”

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

HEADLINE: VIDEO OF 5 PIECES RUNNING AWAY FROM ANTIS OUTSIDE THEIR APARTMENT AWAKES A LOT OF UNACCEPTABLE COMMENTS

A recent video has brought up a lot of worries and controversy between fans ant antis. It has spread around everywhere and it is not just fans and antis who seem troubled by the content of the video.

The video was taken of the members of 5 Pieces leaving their apartment. Since early in the morning, a lot of anti fans had been waiting outside the girl-group’s apartment with signboards, telling 5 Pieces to leave Korea and kpop. When 5 Pieces were heading out for their schedule, antis had started to throw tomatoes and eggs after them, and 5 Pieces had to run to their van for protection.

The video has spread all over internet, and there are a lot of people to have commented that it is an unacceptable behaviour. “Even if I am not a fan of 5 Pieces, this is just going too far”, “antis are creepy” and “this is too much, can’t they even be at their apartment without being attacked?” are a few of the comments citizens have given.

Even other idols have reacted on this behaviour and KARA’s Nicole wrote on twitter that she hopes no fans of theirs are among the antis, and members of Super Junior wrote similar things on their twitter as well.

It seems like 5 Pieces had arrived at the apartment around five in the morning, before the antis had arrived, and an employee at SM Entertainment mentioned that 5 Pieces had stayed up the whole night for their schedule and they left early in the morning as well to continue. It seems like they are also disappointed in the anti fans for how far they have gone.

The anti fans that gathered outside the apartment building were sent away by the police with a warning.

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

HEADLINE: ANTI’S GO AGAINST 5 PIECES STRONGER THAN BEFORE, “WE WANT THEM OUT OF KPOP”

5 Pieces have had a lot of difficulties with anti fans ever since their audition in 2008. For being Europeans, antis do not think 5 Pieces have any right to be in Korea as artists at all, and they have showed a lot of disaffection that 5 Pieces popularity is so high.

In the past, antis have gone against 5 Pieces by turning off their light sticks during big events (example: SM Town concert last year), threatening and doing what most antis do. Last year when 5 Pieces reached the fame to be one of the most successful and popular idols in Korea thanks to their mini album [Original], antis even dared to show their disaffection in the middle of 5 Pieces performance on music programs. They screamed ‘you ’ and ‘go die’, which ended up becoming a big fight between antis and Puzzle (5 Pieces’ fans).

When 5 Pieces made their comeback with [I Love You] back in August, the antis weren’t as loud as they used to be. Instead they were satisfied by leaving bad comments and sending threats – which now seems to be a simple version for antis recently. But now antis have gone stronger than before.

Videos and photos of 5 Pieces with other idols have been appearing, where antis speak up saying that 5 Pieces have no desire to be idols, all they want to do is to spend time with their own idols. Videos of when members of 5 Pieces themselves say they were big fans of DBSK and Super Junior has been put together with pictures taken together with these idols.

Antis are saying that 5 Pieces does not deserve to be in Korea; they are just crazy fans that do anything to be around their idols.

“We will not stop until they have left kpop!” antis are strongly saying.

As if the videos aren’t enough, antis have started to show up outside SM Entertainment’s main office with signboards, asking them to kick 5 Pieces out and it also says ‘you are being tricked’.

SM Entertainment has already brought in the police in the matter, as the antis are disturbing not just the employees and artists but also the neighbours. How will this all end?

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

Headline 15th: Video of 5 Pieces Running Away From Antis Outside Their Apartment Awakes A Lot Of Unacceptable Comments

Headline 15th: Antis’ Go Against 5 Pieces Stronger Than Before; “We Want Them Out Of Kpop”