Chapter 73

5 Pieces' Magnae (5)

Monday morning, Hannah goes to a recording room to work with strangers. She greets them all politely, seeing the producer of the drama she will act in there as well. The female producer knows what she wants for the drama, and she is there today to make sure the songs turns out the way she wants. The drama is about a band, and Hannah will be the vocalist in the drama, so she is going to record some songs. Today she records two songs for the drama, and she really has to work hard during the day. Because Hannah isn’t used to sing almost a whole song, and someone this difficult – the songs requires her to use a huskier voice than she usually uses, and that is a little difficult.

But after hours of recording, it seems like they are satisfied with the songs and Hannah is able to leave. After spending the day recording with them she is a little more comfortable because between the recordings they had been chatting and they had gone to a restaurant for lunch and got closer with that. Hannah will come back next week to record again, but now she is heading to the agency to start practice.

Maria has been in the recording room for hours too, but recording for her solo debut. When Hannah comes to the agency, Maria is in the cafeteria, chatting with Julia, SHINee’s Taemin and Onew. Taemin is the first to see Hannah and he loudly asks her across the room how it went. Maria turns around and repeats the same question while Hannah simply answers that it went well and asks Maria how it went for her when she comes to sit down with them.

“It’s a great song!” Maria answers in her light voice. “It is SO me that I just want to kiss the song-writer – but for your notes, I didn’t kiss him.”

“Good for you,” Hannah says and smiles at Onew who laughs at her comment.

Maria keeps talking about her recording. It is after all her first recording for her solo debut, so she is excited. In the middle of her exciting talking, Maria puts in that Hannah must remind her to show something on the computer later; like in the middle of a sentence she puts in a reminder before she finishes the sentence and keeps talking. So typical Maria, and it still makes the others laugh. You got no chance to say anything when she has speeded up her talking, not knowing that she puts in some English words too.

Later, when the girls are waiting for Emelia and Carolina to return from their schedule, Maria sits down by the computer to show both Hannah and Julia something.

“I found it when I was recording; well, between the recordings but still,” Maria says while she quickly types in on the computer to find what she wants to show. She knows what site it is and she looks for about three minutes before finding it. “Here. I have no clue of what the person has written, but the pictures are to die for!”

What Maria shows is a fan of theirs who on her blog has uploaded pictures from the Japan concert some days ago. There are a lot written, in Japanese, but since none of the girls are really good at reading they are mostly focusing on the pictures. Hannah knows some words, and those simple sentences she can guess what it stands and she tells that to her members. All three of them are fascinated. Maria, just like Carolina, loves to go look around on the internet and see what fans are saying about them. Especially about the concert, since the girls are interested in how their fans are thinking of spending three hours with 5 Pieces. It looks positive at the blog. The fan has a reader who comments in English, and it stands that it looks to be so much fun at the concert and the reader envies this fan who was able to be so close to 5 Pieces. The blog seems to be pretty popular, as the fan earlier often uploads things about 5 Pieces, her school life and such. It is interesting, those parts Hannah understands. The many pictures from the concert are really good – Maria always seems to find the best pictures that fans have taken – and Hannah can translate under one of the pictures; ‘It shocked me when they all spoke in Japanese. Hannah is so adorable in her Japanese (which we all know) but the other members were just so cute, doing their best as well’.

“There was someone who wrote on another site that Puzzle is proud over us,” Maria is saying when they are looking through the pictures. “Because … we don’t use one language to communicate with our fans and that somehow makes us a step higher up than most other groups that speaks Korean at their concerts wherever they are. Though we at the language, our try is noticed… I love our fans.”

“That’s not something new,” Emelia chuckles when she walks inside the room. “What are you nerds doing? The teacher will scold you if you aren’t practicing.”

“Idiot, he will scold us if we don’t practice together, remember?” Maria scoffs, “that teacher would rather scold us if we practices without one member. I don’t get it…”

Hannah rolls her eyes and smiles when looking at Julia who smiles back. They should start practicing.

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

Early the next day, Hannah goes to the hospital. Kyung Ho had told her he would be able to go home today, and he had asked if she got any time during the day to come over. His parents can’t send him home because of work and the nurse didn’t want him to take a cab or the bus alone, so Hannah convinced her manager to let her skip the gym this morning and instead come to meet Kyung Ho. They haven’t seen each other since the Seoul concert a month ago, so Hannah is excited to meet him.

“Hi,” Hannah smiles when meeting him in the ward, waiting with his back-pack.

“Hi!” Kyung Ho greets her with a huge smile.

“Are you ready to leave?” Hannah asks and he nods. She takes his back-pack and on the way out she asks if he wants to do something before heading home. He says ‘anything’, but she lurks out of him that he wants to eat something delicious – he is tired of the hospital food he has lived on for so many weeks. So on the way out of the hospital they are naming up a lot of different kind of foods that he wants to eat; Hannah gives suggestions, not knowing what he wants to eat.

They go to a simple restaurant that a nurse had suggested for Kyung Ho. Since it hasn’t opened yet, they decide to walk around a little before. The area has some stores, and all the restaurants are opening an hour after the clothing stores. When heading back to the restaurant, Hannah and Kyung Ho are giggling at an older married couple that is walking hand in hand across the street. Hannah feels like she becomes a child when chatting with Kyung Ho, though at times she feels so much older. Their humour is the same and they talk about all kind of things, but since Hannah is the big sister she takes on that role too. After getting their seats at the restaurant, they observe the menu seriously; ending up choosing so they can eat of each other’s.

It’s an early lunch, and Hannah has so much fun eating with Kyung Ho.

“Then it means you are going to be solo and acting at the same time?” Kyung Ho wonders before stuffing a lot of food in his mouth.

“I will release the single later because of the acting,” Hannah explains. “No details have been said about the single yet, so they have told me to just focus on the acting. But I will record for the single tomorrow again.”

“That cool song you talked about?” Kyung Ho laughs. He is interested to hear the songs Hannah has talked about, but since he isn’t working at SM he can’t get to hear. Hannah laughs and nods, giving him some food.

They finish eating and on the way out, Kyung Ho remember something and ask her to come with him, saying it won’t take long. There are more people on the streets now, so Hannah pulls up her hood. They walk where they walked before eating and when Kyung Ho doesn’t want to say where they are going, Hannah puts her arm around his shoulders – he is much shorter than her – and while smiling she tries to make him say where they are going. In the end he laughs and says he wants to buy something.

“Buy what?” Hannah asks and cutely pinches his nose. Kyung Ho takes her hand away, smiling like a little brother when saying that he just wants to buy something.

“Unnie!” he whines and holds his arms around her in a try to make her stop. Hannah laughs and ruffles his hair. “It’s here…”

Hannah looks up by his words and sees that it is a candy store. She smiles and walks inside with him. They look around a little, seeing a lot of heart-shaped candy for today’s Valentines Day. Hannah decides to buy chocolate for Kyung Ho, her members and also Jonghyun. When picking out what to buy, Kyung Ho pops up with his head by her arm.

“Buying for your Prince?” he teases and he playfully laughs when she grimaces at him. “Unnie, I think he will like this.”

Kyung Ho really likes to know the secret Hannah has. He keeps smiling at her when seeing how she keeps thinking of what to buy and he is cutely asking her if she wants any help and asking if he should buy something for her. In the end they leave the shop with their own bag, Hannah asking if he bought his for some girl. He is about to answer when a flash makes them both stop. Kyung Ho and Hannah are both surprised to see three paparazzi taking photos of them.

“Hannah, who is this?” one of them asks.

“Hannah, is this the boy from the hospital you have mentioned?” the questions keep coming. Kyung Ho looks up at Hannah, not knowing what to do while Hannah puts her arm around his shoulders to hold him close to her and she tells him in a low voice to keep walking. She leads him out on the road, followed by the paparazzi and some boys turn around when hearing the paparazzi say Hannah’s name. Because Hannah can’t go anywhere without a guard, the guard hadn’t been far away – he had been told to give Hannah and Kyung Ho some privacy – and he quickly appeared to push the paparazzi on a distance before leading Hannah and Kyung Ho to the van.

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

“Its photos everywhere,” Hannah pouts. She pouts even more when Carolina slightly knocks her on the head with her knuckles.

“Ya, skip the pout and put on your cute smile,” Carolina says right up in her face. “Our fans won’t like seeing you like this, okay? It’s not the whole world if an article says you met Kyung Ho.”

Hannah grimaces but then nods at Carolina’s words, and Carolina cutely says ‘that’s my magnae’ before going out from the van. Hannah follows her out after turning the laptop off, met by screams by the fans that have gathered. For Valentines Day, 5 Pieces will have a special fan meeting. The time is 15:00 when it starts, with 5 Pieces standing on a small stage in the middle of the park. Fans have gathered there since early to be able to get close and when it starts, 5 Pieces performs [I Love You] to start off. The fans are roaring, singing as loud as the music is heard in the speakers to the song that was so popular last year.

After the song, the girls get to stand behind a table in their usual formation and fans lines up in front of them. The girls won’t sign CDs like they usually do at this time; instead they will exchange things with fans. Not every fan has a gift to bring – of course – while the girls are handing out chocolate or letters, all received in a little bag with 5 Pieces’ signature on it.

“I’m a big fan,” a boy says and Hannah looks up. She bursts out laughing like crazy when seeing none other than Kyung Ho in front of her.

“Did you come to get more chocolate?” Hannah laughs. “Wasn’t the chocolate I gave you enough?”

“I came to give you this,” Kyung Ho answers and hands over the chocolate she saw him buy before, but now it has a card with it. Hannah looks surprised when accepting it. “I was too happy to receive yours before that I forgot to give you yours…”

Hannah smiles at how cute he is. “Do you want a ride home later? After finishing here I’m going to the agency just quickly, but you can come along if you want.” Kyung Ho bites his lip and looks at the others who are all busy. Hannah keeps smiling. “They won’t mind.”

Kyung Ho smiles and nods cutely, still biting his lip. Hannah looks behind her and asks the staff to tell her manager on the side that the little boy will come along. Hannah pats Kyung Ho on the shoulder when he walks off, then smiling at the next fan coming up in front of her.

“Hello,” Hannah smiles brightly.

After performing [Switch], the girls are ready to leave and Hannah tells her members about Kyung Ho. The others had noticed him come – well, not Maria and Carolina, but both Emelia and Julia had – and they have nothing against him coming along. In fact, the girls are loudly and happily greeting Kyung Ho when they reach the van. Kyung Ho gets to sit at where Emelia usually sits in the middle, as Emelia sits at the passenger seat. They all heads to the agency, where Hannah and Kyung Ho simply goes to get some papers before heading back to the garage. Hannah checks her cell phone, both looking at the time and if she gets any text.

“He’s coming now,” Hannah tells Kyung Ho when receiving a text. She is standing with her bag over her shoulder while Kyung Ho is quietly looking around from where he is standing. It’s just cars down there. A few minutes passes before Jonghyun comes. He looks warm in his thick jacket and he waves his hand for the two waiting for him.

“Are you trying to steal my girl?” Jonghyun jokes with Kyung Ho when coming up to them – knowing well about their adventure during the day – and he playfully nudges his arm before showing where his car is. Kyung Ho smiles for answer and follows them to the car that Jonghyun will be driving.

They send Kyung Ho home, and the little boy wishes them to spend some good time together for Valentines Day. Jonghyun smiles at Hannah before telling Kyung Ho he will take good care of the sleeping beauty. Hannah just tells the boy to go to bed early and that they will talk tomorrow, and when Kyung Ho has left, Hannah hits Jonghyun on the arm with a shy smile. Since Kyung Ho calls Hannah ‘sleeping beauty’, Jonghyun gets friendly with him by using that nickname. He is also aware of that Kyung Ho calls him ‘prince’. Jonghyun smiles when he gets hit and he takes Hannah’s hand in his before driving off.

“Did you have fun?” he asks her and Hannah smiles at him.

“We had a great time,” Hannah answers. “But the paparazzi ruined it in the end. Did you read that?” Jonghyun nods. “They wrote that someone had seen me at a restaurant and the paparazzi followed us from when we left the restaurant to when we came out from the candy store. They took a lot of pictures!”

“But you look pretty,” Jonghyun says and looks the other direction when looking out for cars. Hannah smiles again; she is in a good mood that not even paparazzi photos of her good time with her little Korean brother can ruin it.

Jonghyun drives to 5 Pieces’ apartment. Since none of the girls will be there, they can be alone. In the elevator when going up they are smiling at each other, not saying much at all. Jonghyun follows behind Hannah inside the apartment and like always she is fast to take her jacket and shoes off, so she heads inside faster than him. Hannah goes straight inside the kitchen, placing her bag on the table before going to the fridge. Jonghyun comes inside, asking what she’s doing.

Hannah looks out behind the fridge door, pouting. Jonghyun chuckles, asking what makes her do that face.

“It’s gone…” Hannah mumbles and goes to her back after closing the fridge door to check her cell phone. “I had prepared something, but I can’t find it…”

Jonghyun sits down by the table and when Hannah is texting, he puts his hand on her bag to look in it. Hannah quickly takes his hand away and put the bag away from his reach, quietly texting. Jonghyun lies his top on the kitchen table, reaches his arm out to rest his head on it to look up at Hannah. While doing that and Hannah texting, his hand that he is reaching out is searching for the bag.

“Jonghyun,” Hannah mumbles. “I can see you.”

He smiles and moves to hold his chin up with his hand, looking at her with his foolish smile. Hannah pouts again when she is done texting, looking at him. “Then what should we do?”

“You can show me what you have in the bag,” Jonghyun smiles.

Hannah sits down with her pout, sighing. “But I had prepared something yummy that I wanted to sha- ah…” Hannah looks like she remembers something. “Emelia asked me something this morning, but I was busy getting ready to leave, that…”

“She ate it,” Jonghyun comes to conclusion and Hannah looks really disappointed.

“She did?”

Jonghyun smiles, enjoying seeing her many face expressions that are so cute. “Then make it another time.” Hannah thinks about it and ends up saying she has to. She gets a text from Emelia, who says that Hannah had told her it was okay to take it in the morning. “Can I see what you have in the bag now?”

Hannah looks at him, partly closing her eyes while Jonghyun just smiles charmingly at her. He is really curious of what she has in the bag that he can’t see. Hannah takes her bag and takes out the chocolate she had bought before with Kyung Ho, and there is also a letter there. Hannah keep pouting though, upset about what she had prepared, but still a little happy that she bought the chocolate – since the chocolate wasn’t prepared until Kyung Ho took her to the store.

Jonghyun gladly accepts it, more interested in the letter than the chocolate. The shy Hannah pouts because she doesn’t know what else to do when Jonghyun opens the letter and starts to read. He smiles almost right away, not saying anything about the spelling mistakes he finds in her letter, because even if she do mistakes in the writing she does it cutely and he do understand what she writes. Hannah looks at him shyly when he reads, seeing him smile while reading.  He gives a nod while reading and Hannah can guess where in the letter he is and she definitely knows when he is reading the end. His smile is huge when he finishes reading and when their eyes meet Hannah knows that she is blushing.

“I love you too,” Jonghyun says and leans over the table to give her a kiss.

The last part of her letter, she had written ‘I must be a fool to not tell you every day, but I hope you still know that I love you’. Jonghyun keeps leaning over the whole table with his upper body and he smiles at Hannah who keeps blushing that he doesn’t lean back. Embarrassed that he’s so close, Hannah puts her hands on his cheek and gives him a shy peck on the lips before giggling and hiding next to his face. Jonghyun smiles and gives her a peck on the cheek before leaning back.

After spending a short time at the apartment, they go together for a radio program. No one sees that they come in the same car, and since other members from both groups are already there it isn’t hard to melt in. When Julia asks Hannah if it went well to give her boyfriend what she had prepared, Hannah giggles while having her finger towards her lips, telling her to be quiet about it there.

{Twitter, 5P_HANNAH: Valentines Day~ Did you spending it with someone you love? (picture from fan-meeting)}

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

Headline 13th: 5 Pieces’ Emelia Welcomes SHINee’s Jonghyun To Twitter

Headline 13th: 2nd Episode Of Swedish ‘It’s 5 Pieces’ Airs, Revealing More From Seoul Concert And Charity Photo Shoot

 

Headline 14th: Hannah Spends Some Time With Her “Little Korean Brother”

Headline 14th: 5 Pieces Has A Special Fan Meeting For Valentines Day

Headline 14th: Maria And Emelia Are Proud Singles!

Headline 14th: Swedish Program Airs Episode 3 Of 5 Pieces In Japan For Golden Disk Awards