Chapter 26 - Headlines

5 Pieces' Magnae (5)

HEADLINE 26TH: 5 PIECES REMEMBERS THE PAST BY REVEALING OLD PHOTOS ON THEIR BLOG

Earlier today, the five members of 5 Pieces revealed their down to earth side by uploading plenty of photos on their blog and even writing their own comments on the photos. Most of the photos uploaded were taken before 5 Pieces went to Korea in 2007-2008 and it shows that their close friendship has been for more than three years and that their personalities are just the same back then to now.

Fans have gone crazy by the pictures that all shows the craziness of 5 Pieces.

Fans have even taken notice of the characters the members of 5 Pieces had before from all these pictures. It seems like their characters were the same before debut as after debut. Maria was a boyish diva, which she still seems to be; Carolina was a geek; Julia was the pretty normal one even back then; Hannah was still a cutie and Emelia was the rocker/ghost.

Pictures are of the girls walking in a city with the setting sun in the background and though only four of the members are on the photo it is still very meaningful (the fifth took the picture);

A picture from the same time as the earlier one but with four girls all sitting on each bench in a row posing differently and it is more hilarious;

A few different pictures from art class when they were sitting on the ground outside in the sun drawing (pictures that shows that Maria and Hannah both took the pictures);

A picture from school when Emelia and Maria do the same funny pose;

A few pictures taken of Emelia and Carolina sitting on a roof by Hannah (picture taken from the ground)

There are more pictures on the blog. Fans also have taken notice of a few things such as that Emelia’s self made ‘X Japan’ tank top as well as that Emelia liked to appear as a ghost back at that time (in a picture she has been standing like ghost some meters behind the others). Another picture is what is said to have been taken after school at some school event when the girls had been walking alone in the corridors, Hannah and Carolina had posed like cool friends on a bench in the corridor. Fans have also admitted that Maria is the hilarious princess back in 2007, and in 2011 she is still the hilarious princess of 5 Pieces.

Fans have been very happy to see these pictures and read the comments written by 5 Pieces themselves that all worries are disappearing. 5 Pieces seems to make sure through these pictures that nothing has changed and that the tough fight against antis isn’t breaking them.

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

HEADLINE 27TH: SNSD TALKS ABOUT 5 PIECES

In a recent interview, SNSD talked about their friendship with fellow label mates 5 Pieces and how the two groups get along. When first mentioning 5 Pieces, it looked like the members of SNSD had a lot to say.

“Lately both SNSD and 5 Pieces have been really busy, so the only times we have had the time to meet have been at music programs and at practice,” SNSD’s Hyoyeon started to say. “But whenever we meet, it’s seriously crazy.”

“For those who think it’s loud and noisy with us nine together; it’s more than the double when we are with 5 Pieces,” Jessica added. “Though they only have five members, we are all loud and together we get louder.”

Taeyeon kept on; “When we first met 5 Pieces, they could only a few words Korean, so Jessica and Tiffany were the only ones who could communicate with them. But now they have improved their Korean a lot, so we talk nonstop when we meet.”

“It just clicked between us,” Jessica said. “We think they are easy to get along with and to talk to even if the language can be a problem at times.”

They were asked about rivalry, since they are two different girl-groups and it happens they are promoting at the same time. They were asked what they think about going against each other like they have done on music programs for place number one.

“Honestly, there is no rivalry between us when it comes to music,” Jessica explained. “Because we have such a different style in music there is no reason to be rivals. We don’t feel jealousy when 5 Pieces wins; instead we celebrate with them because we know how much work they have gone through for their performances.”

“We do become rivals when we play games, but that’s for fun,” Hyoyeon added.

“Now when we made our comeback with [The Boys], we were up against 5 Pieces for first place,” Sunny started to say, “of course we would be happy to win but even if 5 Pieces won we were very happy for them.”

It was mentioned that 5 Pieces are foreigners, and SNSD were asked how they look at seeing foreigners making it in the Korean music industry the way 5 Pieces have done. Taeyeon explained that after getting to know 5 Pieces, they have gotten more aware of the popularity kpop has in Europe and they feel proud to be part of something that is growing around the world.

“What always have fascinated me about 5 Pieces is that they are very strong,” Tiffany said. “They came to an unknown country, just loving the music, and they have managed to go so far even if they are miles away from home. Even if I am from America, I was still born in Korea and my family comes from here. That really fascinates me.”

“One time when I asked 5 Pieces’ Maria how they managed to pull through during their debut with the different culture, language and everything, she simply answered ‘we are doing something we love and it is fun’,” Hyoyeon remembered.

Taeyeon finished off by saying; “They inspire us at times and I think as friends, we all help each other.”

The friendship between SNSD and 5 Pieces have before been said to be strong, and SNSD also revealed that during hard times for both groups they supported each other and even if they are from different countries and cultures their friendship is strong and they trust each other as if they have known each other all their life.

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

HEADLINE 27TH: HANNAH TALKS ABOUT PERFORMING WITH FT ISLAND & HER FRIENDSHIP WITH HONGGI

On Saturday and Sunday, FT Island had their encore concert ‘Memory In FT Island’, which featured a special close friend to the group. After the first concert, 5 Pieces’ Hannah was stopped by reporters for a brief interview and she revealed that she had a very tight schedule as she during the day has an important photo shoot.

With her kind personality she couldn’t turn down the reporters and took time to answer a few questions.

5 Pieces’ Hannah came to the concert even though she has a very hectic schedule to perform one song that has been very popular since its release. The song is [Endless Love], which is an OST song that Hannah sang together with FT Island’s Lee Honggi. The beautiful song was performed at the concert with FT Island and Hannah, and the audience afterwards said it was a beautiful performance and also that they harmony well together.

“Since they asked me to perform the song with them for their encore concert, I couldn’t turn them down,” Hannah told the reporters. “I personally think they are underestimated, because they have amazing songs and performances. As artists I really like their music, and since there are my seniors it is an honour to be able to perform with them.”

She listened to the next question given, and even if she had to hurry up she didn’t seem bothered by all the cameras and flashes around her.

“We practiced the song one time together, but I think it turned out well, and the audience seemed to like it; and that is what matters,” Hannah answered.

The next question was about her friendship with Honggi, which for a year has been rumoured to be more even if the two idols both have denied it.

“I think that in many ways, Honggi and I are very alike, that is why we get along so well. Our personality’s matches, so I think our fans misunderstand our close friendship. I think Honggi is very cute; it’s easy to talk to him and we have fun together as friends. As I said our personality’s matches, but I can assure you that we are just friends.”

She didn’t have time to answer any more questions as her manager dragged her away. But all the reporters had to admit that the friendship 5 Pieces have created in Korea is not something that can disappear easily.

Look forward to more!

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

Headline 26th: 5 Pieces Remembers The Past By Revealing Old Photos On Their Blog

Headline 26th: FT Island’s Seunghyun Uploads Photo With 5 Pieces’ Hannah From FT Island’s Concert

Headline 26th: Hannah Performs [Endless Love] With FT Island On FT Island’s Encore Concert

Headline 26th: Old Photos Of 5 Pieces Is The Biggest Topic Online

Headline 26th: European Fans Are Excited About Meeting 5 Pieces In December

 

Headline 27th: SNSD Talks About 5 Pieces

Headline 27th: 5 Pieces’ Carolina Reminds People Though A Picture Of Their Concert Countdown – 40 Days Left!

Headline 27th: Hannah Talks About Performing With FT Island & Her Friendship With Honggi