Chapter 10

5 Pieces' Magnae (5)

5 Pieces and FT Island are together filming the program Best of 5! Pieces, and they are currently in two teams doing missions outside in Seoul. Hannah, Emelia, Seunghyun, Honggi and Jonghun are in one team, and their mission is to find three different types of food. But on the way, Hannah and Seunghyun stops by one of the street vendors, their mouth watering of the delicious snack.

“I want that,” Seunghyun says and points at the steamed corn.

“I want that too…”

The two of them looks at each other and Seunghyun says “should we?” before both of them leans back to looks for the others.

Barely three minutes later, Seunghyun and Hannah both walks up behind their team, chewing on tasty steamed corn. And Hannah also has some roasted almonds in the hand-sized brown bag. Honggi looks over his shoulder and is the first one to see them.

“Are you EATING?!” he bursts out in surprise.

Hannah and Seunghyun look innocent with the happy smiles they show. Jonghun walks up to Seunghyun and takes his wrist to try getting some of the steamed corn while Seunghyun tells Honggi and Emelia that they couldn’t help it. Jonghun scolds them while trying to take a bite.

“And you didn’t buy to us?” Honggi asks and walks up to Seunghyun to take a bite too. Hannah smiles and keeps walking with Emelia who starts to complain that they are on a food mission, and they are eating food that isn’t on the mission. She then gets quiet when getting to taste of Hannah’s steamed corn.

“Steaming corn makes me think of Maria,” Hannah secretly tells the camera when she is eating her corn. “I don’t think it goes well for that team, but if they have the same mission as us, they will be able to eat a lot. Maria eats like a man, but don’t tell her I said that.”

Hannah still hasn’t finished her steamed corn when they finds a restaurant later that Jonghun and Emelia walks in to see if they have what they are looking for. Hannah keeps eating on her corn when they comes out, saying they have handmade noodles (kalguksu) in there.

“What about this one then?” Hannah is slightly panicking about the corn she hasn’t managed to finish yet.

“Throw it,” Emelia simply says and the others walk inside.

When the cameras walk inside too, Honggi reaches his hand out to take the corn. Hannah is about to hit his hand, but he tells her he will finish it. He takes three bites before he has finished eating it and they can walks inside, and Hannah wouldn’t have finished it with five bites. Impressive, she tells him and also thanks him before they walks inside to the others.

They have taken a table and are ordering handmade noodles. Hannah can hear the woman taking the order asking how many, but since the staff told the team they can’t say how much, Jonghun tells the woman to decide. She gives a glance at those sitting around the table before asking if it is something more.

When she has left, Seunghyun jokes by saying ‘what if she brings in food for every one of us?’

“We have to eat it all?” Emelia asks the staff.

“You have to eat everything that is being served on the table,” the staff answers and Hannah grimaces. She has just eaten corn…

“You have to finish it,” Emelia is fast to tell Hannah when seeing her grimace. Hannah just keeps grimacing and when Seunghyun mocks her, she says that he ate corn too.

Honggi seems confident, which Seunghyun also does until the food is served. All of their jaws falls when five bowls are being placed in front of them together with side dishes and what normally is served with the noodles.

Hannah glances at all the food, and her jaw stays down when Honggi remembers them that they have two more kind of food to eat after this.

“The soup too?” Hannah asks when looking in her bowl.

“Everything,” Honggi tells her, already ready to take his first bite.

They then start to eat; they eat and talk a lot. Hannah doesn’t take much from the side dish because all she has to focus on is to finish her own bowl; the others are eaten well from everything. Emelia takes a picture of her bowl that she sends to Maria, writing ‘jealous?’ with a teasing emoticon. A minute later, Maria is calling.

The team finds out that Maria’s team had gotten lost in the beginning, but had now met up with Minhwan and Jaejin and is now heading on their mission. They don’t reveal much though, but Maria keeps asking if Emelia’s team is even thinking about their mission or if they are just eating – it seems like their mission is not about food then (Honggi says).

After finishing the meal and they are leaving, Hannah says she can’t run after eating all of that. Jonghun says it is because of the steamed corn, and Hannah pouts at the camera when walking out the door. She can feel her stomach pout more than .

“Wait … shouldn’t these two be by the street vendors we walked by before?” Honggi says when he checks the list of what they have left to eat that Emelia has hold on to.

They all look at each other before going back the street.

When walking outside, there is a crowd that never seems to leave their side. Fan girls and boys are running after them that some of the staff even gets left behind. Honggi runs off in front of the others when they reach the street vendors and it does take a while before his voice can be heard over the crowd.

“Ah!” Seunghyun says when they come up to Honggi.

Honggi is standing by the street vendor where Hannah and Seunghyun earlier bought the steamed corn and roasted almonds. Just next to the roasted almonds is the rice wrapped in seaweed (gimbap) that is on their list. Hannah and Seunghyun looks at each other. They hadn’t seen that before.

Emelia hits them on the head while Jonghun asks how they could’ve missed that while standing and drooling before.

Hannah stands behind Honggi when he is saying what they want, and when the woman asks how many, Hannah is fast to show one finger over Honggi’s shoulder. She doesn’t say anything, she just secretly shows. But the woman doesn’t think as Hannah and gives them one portion, which is eight round gimbap.

Hannah looks disappointed when backing. She doesn’t really like seaweed, so even when Honggi comes to the others with the food, Hannah is standing a little behind. She wants to buy more roasted almonds; that is what her eyes are focused on.

Seunghyun waves to Hannah to come over to them and she goes against her will to where the others are standing together, deciding on how they will divide the food. Again they are loud.

“Take one each, then the other three can be decided through a game,” Emelia simply suggest, “unless someone wants to eat more than one.”

Most of them are still full after the noodles, and Hannah doesn’t even want one of the gimbap.

“Or the guys take the last three,” Hannah says and she looks once again innocent when they all look at her, “As gentlemen.”

Seunghyun chuckles. “We aren’t gentlemen,” he says and takes out his fist to play rock, paper and scissor.

They do a game and Hannah laughs happily when seeing she and Jonghun won. She happily jumps away, laughing of happiness while Emelia gives a mumbling comment on that she is too happy to not have to eat one more. Jonghun is still a gentleman, so he takes the extra one that Emelia was supposed to eat, so in the end the guys eat two each – like Hannah said.

Hannah manages to eat it, just because there are cameras and fans around them. Instead of walking around asking where the third sort of food is, Honggi asks the crowd around them if they know where to find stir fired rice cake (tteokbokki). That, is something Hannah likes. She shines up just hearing the name.

They walk around in search for the food and when they find it, Hannah jogs up to the street vendor. Even if her stomach is full, she will eat it.

“Yummy, yummy, yummy,” Hannah is happily jumping next to Emelia when they are buying it. Hannah can’t stop jumping even if fans around them scream over her cuteness.

When Emelia gets one of the little white boxes with the rice cake, Hannah opens to be fed with the toothpick Emelia gets. She gets one bite and Hannah could film a commercial the way she closes her eyes and enjoys the taste in .

Hannah gets her own toothpick and the two girls start to eat before the guys even reach them. Seunghyun opens his mouth to be fed like Hannah did before, and Emelia gives him a little.

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

An hour later, the two teams have met up and they are now doing more missions. One mission is to find something, which makes them all run around on the streets like crazy; another mission is to throw a can in the trash, and if you can’t make it you must go buy a new can where you also have to finish drinking it. Lucky them, they have a lot of members so they can share the many cans they buy.

Something they finds funny during the can mission is when they heads inside the store to buy the cans; Honggi finds a magazine that was released just today. And that is the fashion magazine that is filled with pictures from the photo shoot these two groups did not long ago.

Everyone finds it fascinating and ten minutes later you can see Honggi and Carolina with each exemplar that they both bought and some of the other members standing around them to see the pictures.

Hannah pushes Honggi’s arm so he can focus on the mission they have to finish. These two groups are never quiet together; it’s loud and crazy at the street where they are doing their missions.

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

Headline 02nd: Breathtaking Pictures Of FT Island & 5 Pieces In New Magazine Garners Interest

Headline 02nd: 5 Pieces’ Reveals 1st Concert Teaser For January Next Year

Headline 02nd: FT Island’s Jaejin Uploads A Photo With 5 Pieces’ Maria

Headline 02nd: FT Island Caught Filming Best of With 5 Pieces On The Streets Of Seoul

Headline 02nd: 5 Pieces Moon Child Concert In Seoul 2012, Sold Out In 6 Minutes!