Chapter 52

5 Pieces' Magnae (5)

*Oh, oh! Let’s jump!* Emelia says and jumps up and down; up and down with her hand following her and the audience starts to jump by the cheerful song.

[Carolina + Julia] *Everyone together!*

[Maria + Hannah] *Oh, oh! [ALL] Jump! Jump!*

All the members are jumping on the stage like Emelia did and the audience is jumping along; everyone has gone crazy. Carolina makes it fun by sitting down on her heels and jumps up as high as possible as the song goes on.

*The sun rises for another day,

It shines high above us

A blue sky, I’m feeling great

Today is the day I’ll go with you~*

Hannah sings and when singing she feels great she laughs because Julia had come over to hug her from behind. When Hannah has sung her part she turn around to hug Julia back, the two of them laughing because the audience is really having as much fun as they have.

[CHORUS, Carolina] *Everyone out there, let’s get together

Let us ride, ride to the horizon

Let us ride, ride to the end of this world*

[Maria] *we’re strong together, we can make it

Everyone around me; let us ride*

The song is really fun to perform and the girls are running around, cheerfully singing and making the audience scream a lot. Hannah runs over to the right side of the stages and she almost runs in the camera filming for the big screen. She laughs when jumping by it and she reaches the right side where she waves at the audience. Wearing the socks for the pyjamas outfit is really slippery on the stage and the members keep sliding around during the fun songs.

[Julia] *I woke up with a great feeling

This morning I felt great

I called up my closest friends,

Told them to pack their bags

[+ Maria] ‘Let’s go!’ Shout together*

During the ‘let’s go’ part, all members sings it together and Hannah is walking out to the end of the right arm. She gives a jump with a foot in the air. She does hand motions when Emelia does her rap, having so much fun.

[ALL] *Oh, oh boy! [Hannah] Come over here

I’ll invite you, so come over*

[ALL] *Oh, oh girl! [Carolina] Come over here

I’ll invite you, so come over*

During this part, Hannah suddenly walks down from the end of the right stage. Between the ends of the three stages there, it is two small paths so the girls can get on the audience’s level. Even if it is a fence keeping them apart there are guards there to not let the fans sneak by or anything. Hannah sings her part with a bright smile and waves her fingers in ‘come over here’ as the fans around her are going crazy. She shakes hand with several fans that are going crazy by her being so close and she walks up on the middle stage.

The next song is [Cake] from their first album, the only song from that album that is sweeter than the other songs and it is 5 Pieces first time performing it. The girls also perform Carolina’s written song [Always Yours] from their mini album.

Hannah is exhausted from all running and singing when she comes backstage after that song. Julia starts her solo performance while the girls backstage are preparing. Carolina gets into cute clothes for her solo performance that starts after Julia’s and meanwhile Julia comes backstage to prepare for the next performance as well. Hannah is resting, knowing the hardest part hasn’t passed yet. The girls are talking, exchanging suggestions as they now have an idea of how the concert is like. They are still happy.

 

In the cool rock-outfits, the girls head to take their positions while they are showing another video. Carolina is in a hurry after her performance as she only has until the video ends to change clothes, so the other members are watching the video while waiting. The video is {U Know} and it is an introduction of the girls being a rock band.

Carolina comes in time, rushing it. Hannah is already sitting by the drums that have been prepared and she is the first member to appear on the stage. She comes up to the higher main stage at the back, not as high as their intro.

The moment she appears, Hannah starts to play on the drums to the audience’s cheer, playing really coolly in a way they haven’t seen until the beginning of their audition time three and a half year ago. The other members appears too, playing their instruments and finally Maria comes up through the stage too and they starts to perform the song [U Know] as a band and they also performs rock versions of both [Once Upon A Time] and [Moon Child]. Maria’s voice is amazing during the whole performance and Emelia raps coolly as well. The whole rock performance gets a wild reaction and Hannah is satisfied with playing the drums wearing gloves to not throw away the drumsticks. The response from when she started to perform makes her really miss playing the drums even if she does make mistakes.

Next is Emelia’s solo, a rock performance with TraX’s Jungmo, performing their song [Criminal Scream]. Emelia sings with the microphone on a stand and plays the electric guitar, looking like the perfect rock duo with Jungmo, both playing the guitar like professional rockers. Emelia finishes her performance with a cool guitar play and she hurries backstage.

All the running to change clothes backstage is probably the most tiring thing because they have so much fun on the stage. Already ready for the next performance, Hannah and Maria are both watching the new video that has started to show. {Audition: Our Big Journey} video shows the hard time 5 Pieces had with their audition performances, going through difficulties with the languages and going through a lot of fights as a group. It’s hard to hold in the tears when the video shows when 5 Pieces won the contract with SM Entertainment and how they in the video cries and hugs. The audience at the concert is making loud crying sounds, remembering it just like 5 Pieces is doing when watching the video.

The girls run up to take their positions when the stage gets black after that the video has ended and the dancers join them. DBSK’s [Rising Sun] starts to play and the cry from the fans is just as big as when the girls opened the concert. It was with this song 5 Pieces won the audition three and a half years ago, and it is this song they have loved so much thanks to DBSK.

The performance has started. Though it is lip-synching to their own recorded voices, the dancing is great and there are several people in the audience who are crying. 5 Pieces are five, and they don’t hide the fact that they love DBSK as five as well. This performance shows that 5 Pieces works hard, and compared to when they performed the song three years ago, this is on a much higher level.

Maria looks charismatic when she sings Junsu’s part at the beginning while the other members are focusing on the dance. Among all groups, 5 Pieces sings the best covers. They do it in their style, without loosing the original charm of the song and performance. The song is really charismatic even with 5 Pieces performing it. They are dancing it as if it is their debut performance, bringing their all to the dance as they aren’t singing live. Hannah loves to take Changmin’s parts in the song, and she remembers well how he helped her with it. Hannah sings his historical highlight (lip-synched, but she still did it when they did the recording) and the audience is screaming so loud. Among the audience, DBSK’s Yunho and Changmin are both smiling proudly. Of course they are proud; no one could do this song better beside from DBSK if not 5 Pieces.

They end the song after dancing at the end and fireworks from the side of the main stage shoots up the moment the song ends.

“Are you ready?” Maria is the first to ask when the song ends and a new song starts. The girls’ heads out on the middle stage as Christina Aguilera’s [Can’t Hold Us Down] start to play. It is still considered as 5 Pieces’ most successful cover from their audition time.

 

The girls sing the song as they have done before by having fun with the audience. They wave their hands for the girls and sings live and this song also shows Hannah’s Christina-like voice. Powerful. The girls have had the image of being strong women thanks to this song. *Can’t hold us down!* the girls almost shouts in the chorus, being really pumped up with the audience’s response.

 

Hannah sits down on her heels and poses for a fan’s camera by the side of the stage when they are singing *nobody can hold us down* repeatedly and then her part comes.

She sings *So, what, am I not supposed to say what I’m saying? Are you offended with the message I’m bringing?* and the fans screams like crazy when she stands up and lets her hand go up to show off her S-line when singing ‘message I’m bringing’ and she smiles when singing the rest while walking further away. After that Julia has sung her part, Hannah and Maria comes up to each other.

[Maria] *I don’t under stand why [+ Hannah] it’s okay

The guy can get away with it, [+ Hannah] the girl gets named

All my ladies come together and make a change

[+ Hannah] And start a new beginning for us, everybody sing!*

For the first line the girls are just shaking their finger towards each other and when the second line has been sung, they puts their arms around each other and jumps when singing the last one together loudly before the chorus is sung together.

Hannah keeps walking after singing with Maria, singing the chorus with everyone else and making sure the audience is having fun too. They perform the whole song running around on the stages, showing their girl-power performance for everyone and the girls in the audience are all very loud.

They sing the two ending choruses loudly, almost screaming instead of singing, and Hannah turns nonchalantly around to walk back when it ends. She waves to a child in the audience when walking back.

“Woa…” Hannah says when the other members have given a comment.

“Did you all enjoy the ‘back-in-time’ performances?” Carolina asks and the audience gives a loud response.

“Do you know what songs we just performed then?” Julia asks and the audience screams ‘DBSK’, ‘Rising Sun’ and ‘Can’t Hold Us Down’ in such a mix that the girls laughs.

“Did we do well?” Hannah asks the audience on the side and she thanks them when they answer loudly. She is a little out of breathe from the heavy dancing from Rising Sun.

“It is really hard performing [Rising Sun],” Maria admits and sits down on the stage, really tired. She smiles because it is still fun. The audience seems to love the relaxed members for the talk. “But since you think we did well, I am thankful. Because now, I’m exhausted.” They laugh at Maria who lies down after saying those words. Emelia comes running towards her and pretends she is going to jump on her, but in fact she runs straight by so Maria’s scream is just for entertainment.

“You two, don’t fool around. We are going to have a serious talk.” Carolina says in her I-am-professional voice.

“Serious talk?” / “What serious talk?” the members all ask at once. Hannah says she thought they were going to talk about the past.

“In the past, you said so many weird things too,” Maria tells Carolina when standing up, the audience screaming at her words. Hannah walks up next to her and Hannah holds on to Maria’s hand and keeps her back away from the captain when Maria tries to pat her on the . Hannah laughs while Maria pretends it’s nothing.

“Three years ago, do you guys know what we said to each other?” Emelia says, asking both the members and the audience. The members all asks what they said, as only Emelia seems to know. “We said that we will definitely have our own concert as 5 Pieces.”

“…” The members have no response and the audience laughs at the blank faces the members gives Emelia. “What’s that supposed to mean?” they laughs and Emelia gives a smile that makes the audience scream.

“Three years ago, we told each other that we want to have a concert here in Seoul,” Emelia repeats.

“We said a lot of things three years ago,” Maria says. “Hannah even said she would be the best member at Korean!”

Hannah looks surprised by those words while the audience laughs. “When did I say that? I never said such a thing!”

Maria looks at her. “You could have.” Hannah smiles and hits her on the arm, finally reaching the main stage.

“Then do you know what we really said three years ago?” Carolina asks, already being on the main stage. She looks happy. “That within five years, our fans would have helped us reach the dream to be able to have a concert, so we could face to face could get to show more of ourselves.”

She looks very proud after saying that and while the members are slightly laughing the audience is cheering. Carolina tells them in a strong voice that they are really the best and on this the other members agrees on that. Hannah hands over a bottle of water to Maria.

“New Year just passed by…” Julia mentions for everyone and she looks out at the audience. “Where you all satisfied with 2011?”

The audience shouts wildly and someone even screams I Love You; the girls don’t know if that person means the song or if he tells them he loves them.

“I was satisfied with 2011,” Carolina says, “Because 5 Pieces were able to do so many things and meet so many fans. Wherever we went we had our fans by our side. Thank you everyone!”

“Thank you!” Hannah repeats and follows Carolina by bowing.

“But now its 2012,” Maria mentions. “To start the year with a concert, I hope everyone will think it is just as exciting as we think. To start the year with everyone … it’s really the best.”

Again the audience screams like crazy over the members words, and also over Maria’s overexcited move when saying ‘the best’ as she put her thumb up and does a fun face. “That we have come this far, being able to perform at such a great stage, in front of so many amazing people, we do have a lot of people to thank,” Hannah mentions and the other members nods.

“Being able to show a lot of ourselves with this concert is our way to thank everyone,” Julia mentions.

“For those who have hated and loved us, we will now start our next song,” Emelia says; “[Hate Me, Love Me]”

The stage gets dark and the girls’ runs backstage to quickly change clothes as the short intro video for the ballad songs is showed for the audience. When they starts to sing the ballad [Hate Me, Love Me] from their first album the girls are wearing cuter outfits and they appear on different places on the main stage through the lifts from below. Hannah and Maria are standing on the higher main stage while the other three members are on the actual main stage below.

The next R&B ballad starts to play and Emelia looks slightly down when half singing, half saying in her dark voice *lonely nights of wondering… Is this really right?* The melody for [Her Man] starts to play and Maria starts to sing, walking down the stairs to the main stage with Hannah, walking slowly while singing.

*Though her heart is going at one way, why is it that only she can see it? ~*

*Every day he passes her,* a beautiful voice sings as Jonghyun comes up from a lift between where Emelia and Carolina are standing. The audience cheers by his appearance and Jonghyun sings his part beautifully. Hannah and Maria meantime walk up to stand next to the others too.

[Hannah] *She stands next to him in the elevator, a normal day at work

[+ Jonghyun] She is nervous and glances at him,

A pretty colour arrives to her cheeks when she looks at him*

Though they sing together, there are two members standing between them so the only couple-relation there is that their voices are really magnificent together. Both have a strong voice and the ballad is really beautiful.

Carolina sings and then Julia sings, both of them getting a long part. 5 Pieces sings the chorus together and when the second chorus has been sung, SHINee’s Key comes up on the stage with the lift too, but on the left side where Julia is standing. He starts to rap, he and Emelia rapping a few words together while Key takes most of the rap for himself. Emelia raps the last part charismatically and the girls sing the chorus again before Jonghyun and Key both sings the second chorus together. The song is really beautiful. Maria and Jonghyun both do the highlights amazingly. Hannah sings out too in the chorus, her voice being higher and lighter than her hoarse voice so she has the microphone further away from , impressing with her vocal skills.

They ends the song with Emelia and Key both singing *her man* after Emelia’s ending, and the stage gets dark for Key and Jonghyun to get off the stage. When the stage shines up again as the next song starts to play by a piano sound, 5 Pieces is sitting on the stairs on the main stage. They starts to sing the ballad from their mini album that in 2010 shocked a lot of people as it shows 5 Pieces vocal talents for ballads.

In low voices, Emelia and Carolina talks in English at the beginning of the song. Maria starts to sing, her voice being so unique in the way she sings so different from anyone else.

*A sweet walk in the park, hand in hand,

The two of us together, you told me you love me* She sings slowly, her voice going up and down in the beautiful melody and Hannah closes her eyes when hearing them sing. The audience is waving their purple colours and it is really beautiful to see, but to hear it is also beautiful.

 

The girls sings the songs impressively live and the audience sings along during the chorus without being too loud and the harmony in the arena is really beautiful to both see and hear. The girls really use their voices in this song, using strong highlights, soft highlights and Maria ends the song with a long, deadly impressive highlight and the stage slowly gets darker while Maria’s voice fades away. The girls are still sitting down when the light goes on again and Maria starts the next song with her impressive voice again. They sing the ballad [From Different Worlds] from their second album. The song is about a relationship where the two parts are so different that the girl is wondering if they should stay together.

*When I meet you, my heart races

I get helpless, since I am so happy with you

Our differences make me worry

WHY DO I feel like this after meeting you?*

Hannah sings after the first chorus. When the ending comes, all the girls are already standing up and Emelia ends the song by asking in English *will you always love me?*

The audience cheers over the beautiful songs they have been singing. 5 Pieces have rarely been able to show these kinds of performances, so for the fans to hear all the amazing songs being sung so flawlessly it is really touching. The stage lights up like it have done before and the girls’ smiles as it isn’t a ballad song they will sing now. They are standing in a formation that most people would recognize and they starts to perform their English song [One and Only]. The audience is fast to sing along like they always do during this song’s performances.

Happily and cutely they perform the whole song on the main stage.