Chapter 62

5 Pieces' Magnae (5)

At Seoul Music Awards, 5 Pieces is sitting around the tables with so many other artists. Several of times, Hannah has to nudge Maria on the side because she closes her eyes as if she is falling asleep. The pre-recording for M Countdown in the morning is still troubling Julia on Hannah’s other side, and she keeps talking about it. Hannah doesn’t say much, like always when they are at awards. Sitting around the table with them is FT Island.

Just the other day, Hannah had gotten mad at Honggi for talking to the drama producer about her, but like always she has calmed down. It was just the day’s anger, and she had apologized to him after he had explained it for her during today’s rehearsal. He had been asked by the producer if he has any suggestion for the female role, and he suggested Hannah. The producer had listened to their duo song and automatically started to love the idea of having the two of them in the drama together. That is just like Hannah is – easily forgets or calms down – though she is still very quiet around him for the earlier incident.

The award has started and while the three MCs were talking and introducing it, Emelia and Jonghun handed out the bottles of water to each one of them around the table. Hannah took two bottles to give the second one to Julia as she is sitting the furthest away from the two handing out the bottles.

Though it doesn’t seem like a big deal when the Bonsang awards are being handed out, 5 Pieces are still happily applauding when FT Island’s name is called up after SISTAR. Maria even stands up and leans over the table to do high-ten with Seunghyun and Jonghun when they walk up. FT Island walks backstage after that to prepare for their performance, so 5 Pieces are alone by their table. The girls do follow what is happening on the stage, they just chat a little at the same time.

Around the middle of the award show, 5 Pieces and FT Island are chatting while it’s nothing interesting on the stage. Minhwan shows a text on his cell phone that makes the girls laugh. The boys also make fun of Maria by telling her to close while B1A4 and Boyfriend are performing. They have fun sitting around the same table like this.

5 Pieces also gets a Bonsang award. Fans will probably make fun of Hannah later, because the one announcing their name for the Bonsang award is none other than Lee Minho – the actor Hannah half a year ago said she liked because of City Hunter. So when the group comes up on the stage, Hannah holds on to Julia’s arm and stays as far away as possible – aware of that he is standing just some meters away – and she bows extra nervously towards him when the group accepts the award.

The ending is coming up and the biggest award – Daesang – is being announced. The artists are all guessing who it could be, but like always, 5 Pieces is hoping it is either SNSD or Super Junior. When Super Junior is called out, the girls are fast to stand up and cheer as if they are part of ELF in the audience. Well, not really, they just join everyone else in applauding though their faces are really extremely happy. They are still standing up and clapping their hands when Super junior are on the stage, accepting the award. They then have to sit down to not be impolite to the other artists sitting around them. Hannah automatically is still clapping for herself while watching them on the stage, looking rather fascinated and she doesn’t even notice when the camera catches her for a few seconds – though the fans notices. Next to her, Julia had been smiling widely too. The girls all claps happily when Super Junior mentions them in the speech.

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

A few days later the police come to SM Entertainment’s building. They meet Manager Lim and also Lee Sooman, who both explains the problem that has occurred. 5 Pieces has gotten a lot of threats from anti-fans, and some of the threats are too worrying that SM couldn’t help but to call the police. Anti-fans have gotten several warnings before, so that they even managed to put up threats inside the group’s apartment building is going way too far.

5 Pieces are there at first too, but they leave for their schedule. The day’s schedule is about the charity project they have joined. First they ride to where the event will take place, and then they stands next to each other to do some short interviews before the event starts. 5 Pieces are performing, both [I Love You] and [Switch] – wearing their [Switch] outfits with baggy pants and different kind of knit tops with both short and long sleeves. During the event they also inform people that have come about the charity project and also reveal different ways you can help out. The girls are telling all information they were told to say and they remind each other and keeps it in 5 Pieces’ style. The moment the event ends, 5 Pieces goes to a place nearby along with other participants for ‘It Matters’ project, and the girls are warmly welcomed at an orphan. The girls are awkward at first while at the same time being bright around the children and just minutes after arriving; Hannah disappears from the others when a young girl is bringing her along to her room to show her doll. For the charity project, 5 Pieces will time to time do some charity work, and today they are helping out at the orphan. The children are really happy and even some of them are shy to meet the foreign girls who always are seen on TV. Hannah is sitting on the floor in the girl’s bedroom, playing with dolls when a camera comes inside since she had disappeared. Another little girl comes to the room and sits down on her knees to join in the playing. Hannah looks really happy but awkward, since she isn’t really good at playing.

“I have brothers who are … around eight years old,” Hannah tells the camera while playing with the girls. “And they really like it when I play with them; Lego, we often plays. I don’t know why they likes it, but they always says its fun…” She then focuses on the girls playing with the dolls with her and her voice changes when playing with them.

Maria is running around as if she has never done something else but to play with children, Emelia is also playing with the children while Carolina and Julia aren’t playing around as much. Carolina walks around, not really know where to go. She laughs when seeing now five little girls playing dolls with Hannah and showing her everything it is in the room.

“Carolina, come play with us,” Hannah waves at her from the floor and Carolina awkwardly laughs and sits down with them, asking what they are doing.

Maria is cool with the older kids, almost cocky around the older boys – still younger than 5 Pieces, of course.

After playing around a little and getting to know the children, everyone gathers in the bigger room. The teachers too are there, telling all the children to sit down. One of the girls isn’t letting go of Hannah’s hand as 5 Pieces sits down with the children. Another one from the ‘It Matters’ project is talking and explaining that with 5 Pieces help, they have been able to prepare a good meal for the orphan, and good food that will last for a while. The teachers are all very thankful and together everyone starts to eat. Maria is more than happy to feed the youngest children while Carolina is telling the older once about all the good food you need to eat for your body (which makes the children just laugh). Hannah is popular with the girls again and even gives them a spoon of food at times too – she does it on one girl when the other girls want to be fed too.

“Now when everyone has eaten, 5 Pieces has prepared something more for you,” the charity project woman says. 5 Pieces had left just some minutes ago and now they returns with bags filled with presents for the children. After saying goodbye to all the children, 5 Pieces does another interview before their day for the charity is over.

The group heads back to the agency and they are told how it went with the police from the morning while heading to the conference room. Ace is at the agency; he has been with one of the managers there and happily runs over to the girls when they meet. Ace is sitting on Julia’s lap when they are in the conference room, starting the meeting. Melissa Allen is there too, and before the meeting starts she is happily playing with Ace like the girls are doing. Once the meeting starts, Ace is calming down in Julia’s arms and they can do the meeting seriously.

“Talking about the comeback, we thought of doing a mini album at first,” a representative says, “But since you will spend some time in Japan next year, we thought that if we get enough of good songs ready, you will release a new full-length album instead. You have all planned solo activities for the first half; Emelia will possibly film a Japanese drama along with her Japan solo activities, and then Maria will release her single as well… Your concert will also take some time and Hannah will release both a book and a single. So this album will probably be released at the end of the year.”

They keep planning, suggesting of what concept they want for this album and coming with suggestions of what kind of producer and song-writer they would want – beside from Melissa – and so on. Since they did a cute concept for the second album, the girls all agree on that they should go on with their normal image by show a tougher side for the third album. And since they are turning twenty this year too, they think it would be a good concept.

After the meeting is over, the representative tells Hannah that they will talk more about her single release the next day at that meeting. So far they only have her song [I CRY], that they have planned to release soon, but they are going to decide things in the morning at the meeting. Once they are done at the agency after some practice, Hannah happily asks Ace if he wants to go home. The group heads back to their apartment, just to be met by notes hanging by their door. It is more threats, anti fans mocking that 5 Pieces called the police. Maria quickly curses, saying the police should lock them all in for intruding. Emelia joins in, saying that no one threats their Ace – even their kitten has gotten threats where antis are saying they will kill him and such! Irritated and angry, the girls walk inside their apartment.

In the kitchen, there is food waiting for them… Julia reads the message that has been kindly written ‘I prepared this meal for my little angels who even today are out working hard. Stay strong and don’t forget the good things in life! – Mother Lim’. All the girls give out a cute sound when finding out it was Manager Lim’s wife who prepared the meal. Hannah quickly texts their manager so he can send their thanks to his wife who always is taking care of them from the side. Mrs Lim has even cleaned up at the dorm, even if the girls time after time during these three years has told her they can clean up by themselves – they aren’t good at it though.

So in the end, the girls go to sleep with smiles, saving the food for the next day since they came home so late today. The bad behaviour of the antis can’t get between the kind thoughts of Mrs Lim, so the girls aren’t worried about that tonight.

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

Headline 19th: 5 Pieces Makes A Comeback With [Switch] On M Countdown

Headline 19th: 5 Pieces Wins Bonsang Award On Seoul Music Awards

Headline 19th: Fans Around The World Shouts Out At Korea For Not Letting 5 Pieces Get What They Deserve

 

Headline 20th: Huge Disappointment About 5 Pieces Only Getting One Award At Seoul Music Awards

Headline 20th: 5 Pieces Apologizes To Their Fans And Thanks For Their Support

Headline 20th: 5 Pieces Performs On Music Bank

Headline 20th: Carolina Tells Fans Are Worth More Than The Award

Headline 20th: Maria Impresses With Her Vocal Skills On Night Radio

Headline 20th: 5 Pieces Talks About Their Excitement Over “Moon Child” Tour

 

Headline 21st: 5 Pieces Says [Switch] On Music Core

Headline 21st: ZE:A’s Kevin Goes To Watch 5 Pieces’ Concert On We Got Married

Headline 21st: Carolina Shows Off Her Guitar Skills On Her Radio

 

Headline 22nd: 5 Pieces Performs On ’2018 Pyeongchang Winter Olympics Concert’ With Other Idols

Headline 22nd: Julia Uploads A Cute Picture From Seoul Music Awards With FT Island Members

 

Headline 23rd: Anti-Fans Sends Unacceptable Threats To 5 Pieces, Police Gets Involved

Headline 23rd: 5 Pieces Reveals They Have Secretly Donated Money For A Good Cause In 3 Years!

Headline 23rd: ‘It Matters’ Charity Project Makes 5 Pieces’ Charity Helpers

Headline 23rd: 5 Pieces Spends The Day With Orphan Children

Headline 23rd: 5 Pieces’ Pure Hearts About Donating And Children Makes Fans Soften Up