Chapter 69

5 Pieces' Magnae (5)

The first script reading for the drama on Monday is over. After the scrip reading, everyone ate dinner together to get to know each other. Hannah had been very quiet, and she had been as polite as possible from the first second to the last. She had met a lot of new people, some actors and actresses she will work together with and never met before, including the other staff. Everyone seemed to have a good time, and the producer said it looks to be a warm family they will become once the filming starts.

After eating, Hannah heads to the practice room. Already in the car after leaving, Honggi sends her a text, writing it was fun. She thinks it was fun too, though it was a little awkward for her part. One of the female actresses, who will play in the band together with Hannah, Honggi and two other boys, asked Hannah if she can understand the conversations in Korean – since Hannah is a foreigner. When Hannah said she can understand the sentences if they don’t use too complicated words, the actress started to ask different words that are complicated to try understanding how good her Korean is. Several people actually revealed they thought she would be rude/impolite, but found out she is really sweet – getting such a compliment made Hannah awkward. Honggi helped her many times in his way, since it’s not a secret that the two of them knows each other.

“Baby is back~” Maria sings loudly when Hannah comes inside the practice room.

“I’m back!” Hannah laughs and follows Maria by throwing her arms out. She then bows politely in a greeting to the older dancers and also the teacher who is there and she laughs when Maria gives her a hug.

“I missed you so much!” Maria cries, overreacting so the others are laughing. Hannah laughs but says she missed her too, but the teacher tells them they have to practice. Back-up dancer Shiwon is quickly filling Hannah up in what she has missed – though it isn’t much – and everyone starts to practice for the upcoming concert this Friday.

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

{Twitter, 5P_HANNAH: With so much things going on, my heart can’t seem to calm down. Am I nervous? Am I excited? So many good things to look forward too}

Hannah sends the tweet with a nod. She hasn’t updated twitter since the accident last week, and she has been sent messages from fans all around the world asking her to come back and entertain them with her tweets. For someone who has been active so much as Hannah on twitter, even getting over a million followers, it made everyone understand how hurt she was over the anti fan attack.

 

She spent one day deciding on what to write on twitter before sending it. She had giving it a lot of thought after seeing fans’ reactions on the Internet. Last Thursday, ‘Real 5 Pieces’ revealed a backstage video on YouTube and other sites for 5 Pieces, and also for the performances, fans had all mentioned that Hannah didn’t smile like she often does and it looks like she is having a hard time. Everyone told her to stay strong, even if they wouldn’t know if she would read their messages or not. To see their fans cheering them on endlessly, Hannah have felt really bad towards them and her twitter followers.

 

Hannah smiles when seeing the response of her tweet. Fans are quickly writing that she is back, that they have missed her so much and asking how she is doing and so on.

“Still writing love messages to your lovers?” Maria comes up behind Hannah, smiling when looking at the laptop screen. Maria is in a really good mood lately and since she just was on the phone with MBLAQ’s Mir, she seems to be in an even better mood. Hannah just smiles; well aware of the leader’s foolish behaviour while waiting for the Japanese class to start. Hannah tweets a reply on U-Kiss Kevin’s tweet about coming to Paris, she writes she wants to hear a lot of funny stories about the visit later when they return and she kind of knows that Kevin will reply that he will make her jealous with all stories he will be able to tell (three hours later, he do reply something like that).

{Twitter, 5P_HANNAH: Seeing everyone heading to Paris makes me so jealous, but we will make Osaka jump with us at our concert instead!}

Half an hour later, Hannah is pouting when tweeting again.

{Twitter, 5P_HANNAH: Japanese is hard… Why did God have to be so cruel to let us live so differently? But then again, God didn’t want us to repeat our days. Make each day a beautiful memory, filled with emotions and visiting beautiful places}

To bring God in to her tweet is very different of Hannah, but she usually writes what she feels like. People can take it however they want, but she always tries to not offend anyone – though some people still finds some tweets offending without her knowing how. If she’s lucky, no one will take much notice of that she wrote about God in her tweet.

Today’s Japanese class is to prepare for their Osaka concert on Friday. They go through things to say and words that they can use during the concert such as “ジャンプ! (janpu!)”, which means ‘jump’. It will be very necessary at the concert, but it’s not really difficult to learn. At most concerts, the girls have heard from other artists that they speak in Korean no matter what country they are in – since they don’t know the language. That is why 5 Pieces, who wants to communicate with their fans, are learning what to say during the talk at the concert. Hannah and Emelia get to talk the most, since their Japanese is the best, but the other members get to learn things too.

Its three days left before the concert is, and tomorrow the girls will go to Japan. They are practicing with f(x) today, going through the songs they will perform together. Since some songs are in need of featuring at the concert, f(x) will help out at the Osaka concert. One reason why it’s just f(x) is because the group will debut in Japan this year; and everyone else is busy.

The girls are having a lot of fun practicing together and Maria laughs when Krystal makes a mistake. They are in the music room, just learning the lyrics and when to sing. Hannah will sing [Endless Love] with Luna, which normally is with Honggi. She’s a great singer and the two short blondes are having a lot of fun practicing the song. When the teacher is satisfied so they can go on with the next song, Hannah and Luna happily does a high-five.

“I think it’s hilarious,” Luna says when they are all resting later. Hannah nods in agreement while listening to the girls talking about a movie that f(x) has seen and also Julia, but not the others. The reason Hannah nodded is more of habit, since she only has seen the trailers of the movie.

They are eating snacks and talking from movies to the concert to everyone who is in Paris for the Music Bank special and what kind of snacks they like and dislike.

Some hours later, it’s just 5 Pieces practicing in the practice room. The Swedish ‘It’s 5 Pieces’ is there too to film the concert practice. While dancing to the song [Now and Forever], the girls are really crazy. The choreography gets wilder and bigger and the girls are laughing and having fun while singing and dancing. Maria is the first one to mess up the choreography, but she easily covers it by taking a twirl and showing she is having fun. She takes Carolina’s hand and starts to run around even if it isn’t that kind of happy song to jump around to. They spend most of the night practicing, knowing it is the last time to practice at the familiar practice room before going to Japan the next day.

“I’ll see you in Japan,” Carolina says with a wink at the camera when the practice has ended.

Hannah thanks everyone for their hard work when leaving and she is whirling the scarf around her neck when heading out. She is walking out first with Carolina, as the others are a little slower. Carolina is usually also slow, but since she had her radio in the middle of today’s practice she isn’t as tired as the others and by that not as slow as the rest. They are talking in low voices about how it went on the radio for Carolina, and Hannah smiles when hearing how fun she had this time too. The two girls walk out the building to go to the van waiting for them. Hannah looks behind them, not seeing their manager there while between the van and the building there is a man waiting for them – a guard, like it has been for a week now.

The man quickly looks at the front of the van when some girls give a sound. The fans had recognized the van and stood on a distance in hope to see 5 Pieces, and though it’s over midnight the girls look extremely awake when seeing the two members coming out from the building. Both Hannah and Carolina reacts on the fans. The guard is telling the two members to get in the van, keeping an eye on the fans holding their hands by their mouths while dreaming away when looking at them, but the fans keep a distance. Carolina smiles at the fans, waving at them when reaching the van.

“What are you doing out so late?” Carolina asks the fans that giggle because she talks to them. Hannah opens the slide-door to the van and leans inside to throw her bag to the back where her seat is.

“We have waited for you,” one of the girls says with a giggle. “We want to wish you good luck on the concert.”

“Ah,” Carolina says and glances at the guard before quietly taking some steps towards the girls. “You don’t have to stay out here in the cold to wait, what will your parents say when you catch a cold because of us?”

“It’s worth it,” one of the other girls answers with a light voice, her smiling being so bright and eyes big by Carolina’s words. Carolina is often using charming words to show her concern about their fans behaviour. “And … and we also … wanted to see … we wanted to see how your baby is doing…”

Hannah kind of smiles when hearing ‘your baby’, since Maria often uses ‘baby’ to call Hannah and that their fans have taken notice of it. She peeks out behind Carolina, saying to the fans that they must be cold from standing outside. ‘Just a little,’ the girls answers. Hannah steps out behind Carolina, seeing the guard walk up next to them too to be ready to step between just in case the fans are “antis”. Hannah hands over three little packages of warm chocolate, that she before had gathered with Julia at the cafeteria.

“Though it’s not much, maybe it can help you a little,” Hannah says and reaches her hands closer to the fans that all four open their mouths. Hannah just had three packages of the chocolate, so she awkwardly tells the fans to share with each other. Carolina puts her chin on Hannah’s shoulder from behind, smiling really cutely.

“You shouldn’t stand out here in the middle of the night, and in this cold,” Carolina says, as if she is charming the girls who are already stunned by the two members’ kindness. “How are you all coming home?”

It takes some seconds for the girls to answer, still stunned and kind of smiling small at the warm chocolate in their hands. “Ah … well, we are going to take the last bus. I don’t live far from here, and my friends are sleeping over because we wanted to come here…” the girl talking looks like she is about to faint when Carolina puts her arms around Hannah from behind, and Hannah just smiles when seeing the reaction. Carolina loves to show some ‘affection’ whenever fans are around, she always has to do something when she knows a fan is around. One of the fans has to hold on to her friend’s arm, unable to take her eyes away from Carolina’s arms.

“What are you doing?” Manager Lim calls when coming out from the building.

“We have to go,” Carolina apologizes for the fans. “If we could, we would’ve sent you home in a safer way. Be careful on your way home, okay?”

The fans are all nodding like crazy, thanking for the warm chocolate and wishing them good luck on the trip to Japan. Carolina smiles at them, telling them the girls will come back safely before she turns Hannah around to get in the van. Manager Lim gives the fans a look before asking the guard what he is just standing there for. The fans runs away before the guard can tell them to leave, and Hannah is looking after them inside the van.

“Baby,” Maria yawns when they are heading home to the apartment. She leans her hand to the seat behind hers when Hannah is. “I want a choco…”

“I gave them away,” Hannah simply answers.

Maria turns around in her seat, eyes growing bigger. “WHAT?”

“The fans looked to be cold…” Hannah sinks down in her seat, suddenly feeling small at Maria’s reaction. Maria softens up, asking ‘fans?’. “The fans we met outside just now… They had been waiting for us, and they looked to be cold, so … so I-”

Maria simply waves her off and sits back in her seat with a sigh. Some seconds passes before she says to their manager that she wants to stop by somewhere and get warm chocolate. Hannah smiles. Maria never says against if it is about their fans.

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

Headline 06th: 5 Pieces’ Hannah Confirmed For Korean Acting Debut In New Drama

Headline 06th: Puzzle Keeps Sending Encouraging Messages To 5 Pieces’ Blog

Headline 06th: FT Island’s Honggi & 5 Pieces’ Hannah Will Act In The Same Drama

Headline 06th: Carolina & Maria Covers Fly To The Sky’s [Like A Man] To Show Support Brian Joo’s Comeback

 

Headline 07th: Hannah Returns To Twitter!

Headline 07th: Hannah Touches The Heart Of Fans With Her Tweets

Headline 07th: Brian Joo Guests On Carolina’s Radio, Saying He Is Inspired By 5 Pieces

 

Headline 08th: 5 Pieces Heads To Japan For Osaka Concert

Headline 08th: Maria Reveals A Funny Picture Of 5 Pieces On The Plane To Japan, Hoping For A Successful Concert

Headline 08th: Julia Wants To Have A Moon Child Concert In Europe

Headline 08th: 5 Pieces Noticed As The Best Improving Group Of All Times