Chapter 01

5 Pieces' Magnae (5)

FT Island and 5 Pieces went to karaoke after finishing the photo shoot. In the middle of the karaoke, Honggi took Hannah outside as he saw she wasn’t having fun in there. After doing a bet which Hannah looses in, Honggi gives her a ride back home.  Honggi, who won the bet, gets a wish that Hannah has to grant. They arrive at Hannah’s apartment building and stays in the car as Honggi reminds her of the wish.

After making her promise with her pinkie, Honggi tells her his wish;

“A kiss.”

Hannah raises her eyebrows, 99% sure she heard him wrong. “What?”

“A kiss,” Honggi repeats from the driver’s seat, looking at her as there is nothing wrong with what he just said. “My wish is to get a kiss.”

She leans away a little, not really knowing how to respond. Honggi taps his finger to his cheek.

“On the cheek.”

“Why?”

“Because I won.”

It gets quiet. Hannah doesn’t think it makes sense at all. Honggi still has his finger pointed towards his cheek, waiting for it while Hannah is still leaning away. She doesn’t know what to do.

“You promised,” he tells her.

“Just on the cheek,” she answers, knowing that she promised. He gives a nod and keeps waiting. Hannah moves a little closer, giving a glance to his eyes from his cheek. She leans a little closer, still observing his eyes. She quickly puts her lips on his cheek and leans away just as fast.

She opens the door to step out, hearing Honggi tell her goodnight. After closing the door she slightly gives him a wave for goodbye, not turning around. She hurries inside the building, and in deep thoughts she takes the elevator up.

The moment Hannah steps inside the hall of her group’s apartment, Emelia peeks out from the kitchen to see who it is.

“Ah, it’s just you,” Emelia sighs and disappears again.

Hannah takes her shoes off and looks inside the kitchen. Maria is fast to hide the ice-cream she was eating, but when seeing it is just Hannah she is relieved and puts up the ice-cream on the table again to keep eating. Emelia is taking out a spoon for herself, asking if Hannah wants one too.

“No thanks,” Hannah answers and sits down around the kitchen table. Emelia joins them and the two girls eats from the same ice-cream while Hannah just sits there for a start.

“I kissed Honggi,” she says out of the blue.

Maria, who just put in a spoonful of ice-cream in is about to choke the ice-cream and the spoon. To not choke, she spits it out so the ice-cream falls down on the table with a splashing sound. Emelia had first just looked at Hannah as if she hadn’t heard what she said, but she grimaces when seeing Maria’s reaction and tells her she is gross.

“You did WHAT?!” Maria bursts out, not caring at all about the ice-cream on the table.

“On the cheek,” Hannah says, still a little in the blue.

Emelia looses her interest right away.

“Why did you kiss Honggi on the cheek?!” Maria can’t understand it.

“We bet and the winner would get a wish, and that was his wish,” Hannah pouts.

“I was tricked like that once too,” Emelia says, “but instead of a kiss I had to pay for lunch. That guy surely knows how to eat and trick people to pay…”

Maria totally ignores Emelia. Even if Hannah is still in her daze, she remembers when she also was tricked to pay lunch by Honggi once. He seems to do that on a lot of people.

“Wait, if it was on the cheek, it can’t be a kiss,” she tells Hannah. “It was a peck. A friendly peck.”

“Should I tell Jonghyun?” is the only thing Hannah thinks; it is the only thing she has thought of since she left the car.

“No.”

“Yes.”

Hannah looks at Emelia and Maria who both gave different answers.

“Of course you should tell him. Otherwise Honggi will tell him and he will get angry to why you didn’t tell him and who knows what happens then,” Emelia says.

“Or you don’t say, because that simple peck doesn’t matter if it happened or not, right? If you tell Jonghyun, that peck would mean something. If you don’t tell, it wouldn’t mean anything,” Maria says before she stands up to get some paper for the ice-cream.

Hannah puts her hands on the table and rests her chin on top of her hands, pouting.

“Do you really think Honggi would tell Jonghyun?” Hannah is worried.

“Well … as your friend, and as his friend, he shouldn’t,” Maria is first to answer. She comes back to the table with the paper.

“Where’s Julia?” Hannah keeps pouting.

“She went with FT to buy some snacks.”

“And you didn’t go along?” Hannah looks surprised at Emelia who gives her a glare.

“EM said she had things to do,” Maria tells. “But we shouldn’t talk about her. Will you tell Jonghyun?”

“I don’t know,” Hannah pouts.

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

She doesn’t tell him, not at first at least. Just her members know about it, and Hannah keeps wondering if she should tell Jonghyun or not.

The next day, it’s all over the news.

The scandal, Manager Lim says when he picks up the girls in the morning. He had received a call from SM early in the morning, and ever since he has been calling around to reporters and media and also Honggi’s agency to explain for the public. He had called Hannah before it, to know what had happened the day before.

“We were hanging out, there is no scandal,” Hannah says upset, but she is happy no reporters caught what happened in the car.

The girls’ heads to the saloon, and after changing from tired girls to idols, they head to the recording of Best of 5! Pieces. Hannah is happily greeted by the staff after not seeing each other in such a long time. She hugs most of the females she is familiar with, happily talking. Everyone is walking around, talking and looking around as the set is being prepared like it is for every episode.

“HELLO!” Carolina shouts loudly when f(x) arrives. She runs up to hug them all, not caring that the other girl group is trying to greet the staff that they aren’t as familiar with like 5 Pieces.

Everyone greets each other and Hannah catches one of the female staff say that the set suddenly feel much younger after f(x) arrived. 5 Pieces pretends to get upset about that.

Then the filming starts.

“We have reached the 16th episode!” 5 Pieces cheers happily when the filming starts. F(x) is waiting behind the door where it stands ‘bathroom’. Hannah is smiling happily, not saying much but she is 100% active. Since they are standing there for the opening, she keeps taking a step back, putting her hand on Julia’s cardigan, taking a step to the side. She just can’t be still.

“Today’s guest is…?” Maria asks the members and Hannah starts to sing and dance *hot summer, ah hot, hot summer* in the background while it is Carolina who takes the front scene. Carolina does a part of [Danger] that the other members follows along on, and the music for the song actually starts to play a few seconds later.

F(x) comes out from the “bathroom” and starts to dance to their own song as 5 Pieces goes to the side. But of course they can’t be still. Hannah keeps copying some parts of the dance, all five of them looking at the performance, keeping up with either the moves or the lyrics. In the chorus, all ten dances.

“f(x)!” they all applauses when the song stops.

After introduction, they are told that they will be divided into two teams. Both groups are excited to start, and Hannah hurries forward to get the tin can that has been prepared with folded papers inside. Hannah gets up in the middle between the two groups and the PD tells them what to do. They will all take a folded paper each, and inside it stands either blue or red, and that will be your team.

They take turns in taking a paper, and when everyone is holding a paper they take turns in opening it too.

The Red Team – Hannah, Emelia, Sulli, Victoria, Amber

The Blue Team – Julia, Carolina, Maria, Krystal, Luna

Since they are all pretty close, how they team up isn’t such a big deal. What the first game is a bigger deal. Another tin can with folded papers is taken out, and Sulli gets to choose which one they will take first.

Maria explains that each paper has a game that fans have sent in, so it is practically the fans that decide what games it will be.

Sulli laughs when she unfolds the paper and reads the game for herself. She turns around the paper to show everyone. Hannah leans forward, standing further out than Sulli, to see what it stands.

“Seriously? But we are all girls!”

“Ya, you would want to do it with guys instead? Think a little,” Carolina tells Maria.

“Card kissing…”

With a short break, they take on the red and blue t-shirts and they also show their worry about the game. The card kissing game is that you stand next to your team mates, and you are supposed to get as many cards as possible under a certain time from the first teammate to the last, and the only way to transport the card is from lips to lips.

5 Pieces did it once around their debut time. They learned one thing there – Emelia can’t do the game with Maria. It just doesn’t work, so it’s a good thing they aren’t in the same team.

They go back to start filming and tries to decide in which order to stand.

They do rock, paper, scissor to decide who will go first. Blue team goes first. When they start, Hannah is watching them from the side, grimacing with Sulli standing a little behind her and leaning her chin on Hannah’s shoulder.

“It’s scary,” Hannah says with a smile and Sulli agrees, nodding against Hannah’s shoulder.

Everyone screams when the game has started for the blue teem. Well, first they get to try one time, then the game starts. Julia is just about to hand over the card to Krystal – using their mouths! – when the card drops. They aren’t close to touch, but everyone still screams. The team watching can’t be still, worried for how it will go for them.

It is hilarious to watch the other team, but the moment it is the red team’s turn, Hannah sits down on her heels. She is standing between Emelia and Amber (Amber is the last person). Hannah and Amber keep hitting each other on the arm out of nervousness.

Hannah stands up when their turn is starting. She leans forward to see when Sulli and Victoria start off the game. They do really well! Hannah claps her hands when Victoria turns to Emelia with the card, but then Emelia turns to Hannah. Hannah leans back a little at first, seeing Emelia wave at her to come closer.

“Hannah!”

“I’m sorry!” Hannah laughs when they fail just because she couldn’t take the card from Emelia. “You should’ve seen her eyes!”

“You’ve seen my eyes before,” Emelia says in a cool voice. The first one was just a try, so it is now the game starts. Amber tells Hannah to just go for it – they have to win.

They start, and now the clock is ticking. Emelia is in a rush when giving the card to Hannah and Hannah doesn’t even get time to turn around before she feels Amber’s arm around her. She bursts out laughing when she turns her head around and sees Amber up close, looking like she is going to kiss her.

They don’t complain this time, just hurries up to start over as they don’t have the time. This time, Hannah gets it from Emelia and she again feels Amber’s arm around her when she turns around. They finish the first one, but the second one it is Victoria who messes up.

It’s so weird. Hannah has her eyes closed hard when she gets the card from Emelia and she keeps her eyes closed when turning around and Amber presses her lips against the card to take it. There are two feelings most of them share; awkwardness and fun.

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

Headline 19th: SM Entertainment Says Hannah & Honggi Are Not Dating

Headline 19th: “Just Close Friends”, SM Tells Media About Hannah & Honggi

Headline 19th: 5 Pieces’ Carolina Uploads Picture With f(x)’s Sulli

Headline 19th: 5 Pieces’ Emelia Turned Down Invincible Youth 2 Due To Schedule Conflict