The Fake Couple

The Journey That Lead Her To Him
Please log in to read the full chapter

Its been a few days since the group came back from Mina's birthday trip. Mina still couldn't digest the fact the she likes Sehun. She doesn't know how to deal with this. She felt so confused, however whenever she sees Sehun all the confusion and fear or losing him disappears. He truly makes her happy. A feeling that she hasn't felt in a long time.

 

“Aishh. The time I fall in love is with someone I don't want to fall in love with” Mina ruffled her hair.

 

She really needed someone to talk to. As much as she didn't want to talk about with Jiyeon and Suzy, she had no one else. She was thinking about talking about it with Jongin. Despite the past, she felt like she could talk Jongin about anything. In the end, she called texted Jongin to meet her at the ice cream shop nearby. Now here she is with a half eaten Cookies n Cream sundae. Mina stared ahead of as she thought of what could happen to Sehun and her.”

 

“Its the beginning of February and here you are eating ice cream.”

Startled by the sudden voice, Mina looked up. She saw Jongin, smiling at her. The same smile that always, and still does cause Mina's heart to melt.

“No Mina. Remember, he has Jinhee”. Mina reminded herself.

“So whats up?” Jongin sat in the chair across from here.

“-sigh- I don't know who to go to. As much I wanted to talk about this with Jiyeon and Suzy, they would get carried away with it.” Mina told him.

“Haha what is it? What is it that you can't tell your best girlfriends?” Jongin chuckled at Mina's panic but cute actions

“It's about Sehun.” Mina admitted. Jongin stopped once he heard the name come out of Mina's mouth.

“Uhmm.. what did he do? Did he do something wrong? Did he hurt you?” Jongin started spew questions out.

“No no. He didn't do anything wrong. In fact, he's perfect.” Mina smiled a little. Jongin felt his stomach turn.

“It's just..... -sigh- Ifeelings for my best friend.” Mina finally confessed.

 

Jongin felt a pinch in his heart now. He didn't know why he felt this way. Mina confessed to him to before, but he didn't feel the same way and rejected her. Now, this time she confessing to him about another guy. He felt …... sad. He shouldn't feel this way. He has Jinhee.

 

“Oh..really?” Jongin didn't really know how to respond.

“I don't know what happened. I didn't expect to fall for him. It's been more than a year since we met and after that birthday weekend..... I guess I realized my feelings.” Mina confessed

“Oh... well.... Sehun is a.... a great guy.” Jongin was still at a loss for words. He cringe when he complimented Sehun.

“The thing is.... I don't want to have these feelings for him. What if I confessed to him but he doesn't feel the same way? Then our friendship will become awkward and then eventually it would so awkward that we'll stop being friends.... aishh I wish I didn't feel this way about him. I really enjoy having Sehun in my life. The fact that he makes me feel this way ..... I don't want to lose him.”

 

Jongin himself couldn't understand why his heart suddenly felt like it shattered into a million pieces hearing Mina say those words. Jongin sat through 30 minutes listening to Mina talk about how Sehun makes her feel and the things he's done for her. The more of how great Sehun was, the more he wished Sehun would fall off the face of the Earth.

 

“I remember when he was there when Suho shattered my heart.” Mina began to recall moments with Sehun

“I could've been there for you...” Jongin told himself

“Ahah he showed up at my front door the next day and told me he was going to fix my broken heart.... and he actually did.”

“I could've done that for you...”

“He planned that whole birthday trip for me and it was the best gift ever.”

“I could've planned you a birthday trip.”

“Shoot, he was my first kiss for crying out loud.”

“I could've been your first kiss..... wait.... what the hell Jongin?! What are you saying?! Are you even listening to yourself?! You have Jinhee for crying out loud!!” Jongin mentally scolded himself.

“The way he unconsciously snuggled on me when we shared the bed duri-”

“YOU GUYS SLEPT TOGETHER?!”

Jongin outburst caused everyone in the parlor to look at them. Mina's jaw dropped. She couldn't believe Jongin just did that. Embarrassed, Mina hid her face with her hands. Jongin realized what he had done and apologized to everyone.

“Mina... i'm sorry... its just that caught me off guard.” Jongin nervously scratched the back of his neck.

“Its.... okay..... don't worry. Sehun and I didn't do anything... we just slept in the same bed, nothing more. Besides, Sehun wouldn't do that.”

“-sigh- so you really fell for Sehun....” Jongin let out.

“-sigh- I guess I did..... hahaha its weird isn't it.... just a year ago.... I confessed to you my feelings and now here I am confessing about another guy.... but thanks Jongin. I really needed to let this out. Still don't know what to do but i'm glad that I finally told someone.” Mina smiled at Jongin.

Jongin felt something weird in heart just seeing Mina smile.

“No problem. Don't worry. Things will workout in the eventually.” He told her.

“Thanks... anyways, I have to go. Haha i'm actually meeting up with Sehun. Bye and thanks for listening.” Mina got up and waved goodbye. Jongin waved back, but laid back on his chair.

“What in the world is going on with me?” Jongin muttered to himself

 

 

Few days later

-Valentine's day-

 

The day of couples and love..... and here's Mina spending it alone. She decided to spend the day with herself. Mina decided to have lunch at the usual cafe. After ordering she suddenly heard a voice calling her.

 

 

“Mina?”

Mina turned around and felt her heart stop for a second. She saw Sehun behind her.

“Sehun? What are you doing here?”

“I got hungry..... Want to sit together?” Sehun suggested.

“Sure” Mina smiled. “I'll go ahead and find a table.”

 

Mina picked a table toward the back.

 

“-sigh- so much for spending the day by myself..... but at least its with Sehun.” Mina smiled at herself.

“Here you go” Sehun found Mina and brought along her food.

“Wait.. how did you....?” Mina questioned Sehun

“hahaha I told the worker that I would bring your food to you myself.” Sehun set the tray down in front of her. Mina smiled again

Please log in to read the full chapter