Lonely

The Journey That Lead Her To Him
Please log in to read the full chapter

Oh SeJoon. The oldest of the Oh bunch. First child of Mina and Sehun. Already 4 years old, he has 3 siblings. However, after the arrival of the Oh twins, SeJoon has been feeling left out lately. Before, Sehun and Mina would play with him and Minho together. Now, since his parents are busy taking care of 2 month old Seyun and Miyun, and Minho is in a phase of wanting to play by himself, SeJoon felt lonely.

 

8AM.

 

SeJoon wakes up and rubs his eyes. He climbs out of his race car bed and goes to the bathroom. After doing his business and washing his hands, he makes his way to downstairs. He can already hear a commotion in the kitchen. Walking in, SeJoon sees Mina trying to calm down a crying Miyun. At the table he sees Sehun spoon feeding Seyun and Minho was playing with play doh in the living room while Cars was playing on the tv.

 

SeJoon reaches his chair and climbs out. Sehun looks over and ruffles his hair.

 

“Good morning SeJoon.”

 

After eating his breakfast, SeJoon goes toward Mina, who was trying to burp Miyun.

 

“Umma.... can we play?”

 

“I'm sorry SeJoon. Maybe later okay?” Mina patted his head.

 

SeJoon pouted as he walked away. Out of every, he misses Mina the most. She used to always come into his room and give him a good morning kiss. Ever since Mina had to be on bed rest, it stopped. Its been awhile since she's play with him.

 

SeJoon entered the living room and sat beside Minho.

 

“Minho want to play with hyung?” he asked.

 

Minho looked up at his brother and shook his head no

 

SeJoon sighed. He climbed onto the couch and sat back and watched the movie. An hour later, the movie was over. SeJoon walked around the 1st floor and neither his parents nor twin siblings were there. He walked closer to the front of the house and saw Sehun walking down the stairs.

 

“Appa, can we play?” SeJoon looked at his dad.

 

“Ahh sorry son. I have to make a important business call. I promise later.” Sehun leaned over and kissed his head before walking into his office.

 

SeJoon sighed again. He went into the play room, but froze when he saw Mina, Seyun and Miyun sleeping on the floor. He walked back downstairs and went into the backyard.

 

He sat in the grass while he softly tap the soccer ball back and forth.

 

“No one wants to play with me.” SeJoon softly said to himself.

 

Suddenly he hears fast panting. SeJoon looks up and sees Mr. Pinku.

 

“bark”

 

Mr. Pinku nudges the soccer ball.

 

“bark bark”

 

A small smile emerges on SeJoon's face. His pushes the ball toward the dog and dog happily pushed it back. A minute later, the two were running around the backyard chasing the soccer ball. It was the most fun SeJoon had in awhile. They ran around for an hour before the two laid on the ground.

 

“Thank you Mr. Pinku.” SeJoon hugged the dog and in return, gets a in the face.

 

Suddenly, a loud cry was heard from inside the house. Mr. Pinku runs toward the house and goes through the doggie door. Loneliness came in again. SeJoon went inside. He had grass stains and covered in sweat. He was about to sit on the kitchen chair but Mina yelled.

 

“SeJoon! I just mopped the floor.”

 

He looked down and realized that he brought in some muddy foot prints.

 

“Sorry Umma.” SeJoon looked down.

 

He felt bad because Mina was always busy.

 

“-sigh- Its okay. Just go clean up and then eat lunch.” Mina went on the floor again and wipe the mess.

 

By the time SeJoon was done, he came back to the kitchen. Hoping to eat lunch with his family, but finds no one. He climbs back to his chair and finds a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and tall glass of milk. He takes the food and goes to the living room to eat. When he was done, he turned off the tv and disappeared somewhere in the house, doing anything to cope with his loneliness.

 

Its 6pm and the Oh family was getting ready for get together at Jongin's place. The dinner was suppose to start 5. They were running late since the twins were being fussy and Sehun was stuck in a conference call.

 

“Quickly! Quickly!” Mina forced everyone out of the house and into the car.

 

“Alright all strapped in.” Mina snuggles her nose with SeYun.

 

Mina looks at the back seats, but then realizes something.....

 

“Wait a minute.... 1..2..3..... WHERE'S SEJOON?!” Mina went in circle.

 

“Huh... He's not with you?” Sehun poked his head from the window.

 

“oh god we're horrible parents!!” Mina went back inside the house.

 

“SeJoon!” Mina went around the house looking for their oldest.

 

Mina ran upstairs and opened to the door to his bedroom.

 

No SeJoon

 

She ran into the playroom

 

No SeJoon.

 

She was about to burst out in tears but then she heard a soft sounds coming from her and Sehun's room.

Mina opened the door and frowned at sight. There laid SeJoon. Sleeping peacefully on their bed with Pororo showing on the tv. Guilt built up inside as Mina recalled SeJoon asking her to play with him earlier, but rejected. Then it hit her that she's done it other times too. She started to realize how much she neglected her first child. Mina felt tears start to fall from her eyes, feeling the loneliness SeJoon might have felt during the past couple of weeks. Slowly she made her way to the bed and her heart broke even more. There were papers with drawings all over the bed. Drawings of the whole family. Then another one nearly sent Mina over the edge. It was drawing of her, Sehun and SeJoon in the middle with a heart around it.

 

“Mina?” Sehun walked into the room.

 

Mina looked up and showed her frown to Sehun. He walked closer to the bed and saw the pictures, he too felt the guilt. Sehun sighed and sat on the other side of the bed.

 

“I feel horrible. I don't remember the last time I played with him.” Mina sniffed.

 

“I feel horrible too. He's our first child. It hard balancing your love with 4 kids.” Sehun frowned as he ran his fingers through SeJoon's hair. SeJoon started to pout and move in his sleep. Both parents sighed.

 

“Umma” SeJoon softly called out in his sleep before rolling over to his side.

 

“Baby.” Mina laid down and cuddled her son.

 

Sehun smiled as he watched Mina brush her fingers through SeJoon's hair.


“I'm so sorry baby.” Mina kissed the sleeping child's forehead.

 

They stayed quiet for a little bit.

 

Please log in to read the full chapter