The Romantic Getaway

The Journey That Lead Her To Him
Please log in to read the full chapter

~Time skip~

 

 

-beep beep beep-

 

Sehun groaned at the sound of the alarm. The noise didn't stop. He tosses and turned, waiting for the stupid clock to shut.

 

“Mina..... turn off the alarm.” Sehun muttered, but no response.

 

“Mina?” Sehun felt Mina's side, but found nothing.

 

Sitting up, he finds his wife gone. He leaned over to her nightstand and turned off the alarm.

 

“Mina?” Sehun got up and went to the bathroom. Assuming she's already up and out of bed, he got ready for the day.

 

The twins were now more than a year old and everything was stable at home. Sehun returned to his busy life at the office, while Mina got her bakery back. Balancing work and family was a challenge for the both of them but the couple was able to make it through the days. However, it did come with a price. Sehun and Mina spent time with their kids and work, but barely had time to spend with each other. The only time they were alone together was when they were getting ready for bed, but once they kiss each other goodnight they knock out.

 

Sehun didn't like this one bit. He felt like he was getting distant from Mina. He misses the kisses, the cuddles, the intimacy....heck he misses his wife in general.

 

Sehun walks into the kitchen and sees Mina making lunch boxes.

 

“Good morning.” Sehun kisses her cheek while back hugging her.

 

“Good morning.” Mina relaxes a little in his embrace.

 

Its currently 8AM and she's been up since 5 cooking. Not only did she have bakery, but also a small catering business on the side. She was making lunch platters for Chanyeol's business meeting.

 

“Aigooo, my baby looks so tired. Why don't you rest a little?” Sehun suggested.

 

“I can't. When I'm done with this then I have to head to the bakery and work on Jongin's cake.”

 

“-sigh- Mina....I miss you.” Sehun hugs her tighter.

 

“Seh- OW!” Mina yelled and immediately stuck her finger in .

 

While cutting a carrot she accidentally cut her finger. Sehun rushed to the cabinet that had the first aid kit. He meets Mina at the sink, where she's washing her finger. After drying her hand, Sehun takes her hand and applies some medicine.

 

“My baby needs to be careful.” Sehun places a hello kitty band aid on her cut and kisses her finger. “Better?”

 

“No... needs more kisses.” Mina pouts at her husband.

 

Sehun laughed and gave her numerous quick pecks.

 

“Ewww”

 

The two looked over at their kids at the table and all 4 of them were covering their eyes. Laughing, they both made their way toward their children and gave them kisses.

 

After a few minutes break, Mina finished up the order and loaded up her car. Sehun was also preparing to leave the house for work. The Oh family hired a nanny to look after their kids while they worked. Mina handed her today's schedule and the parents kissed their kids goodbye before leaving the house.

 

“What time are you coming back?” Sehun asked before he got into his car.

 

“I don't know. I have to finish the engagement cake tonight.”

 

“Hm okay. Don't stay too late. Love you.” Sehun leaned into Mina's open window asking for another goodbye kiss.

 

Busy day for Mina. Busy day for Sehun.

 

When Sehun came home, it was already 9:30pm. Mina still wasn't home. He walked around the house. He didn't get passed the stairs and suddenly someone jumped on his back and another person latched onto his leg.

 

“APPA!!”

 

“APPA LET'S PLAY!”

 

Sehun looked behind his shoulder and saw Minho, then looked down and found Seyun on his leg.

 

“Yah... why are you two still awake?”

 

“Let's play appa!!” Minho announces.

 

“No. its bedtime you two.”

 

“Aww” The two boys groaned.

 

“Get down now and go to bed.” Sehun orders and the his sons get down.

 

“Go to bed or else.... the scary monster will get you!!” Sehun starts to chase the two up the stairs.

 

“AHHHH!!” Minho and Seyun playfully scream and run.

 

Sehun and the boys laugh as they run towards their rooms. When both boys were in their bedroom and kissed goodnight, Sehun went back downstairs. He and sees SeJoon and Miyun in the living room looking at something.

 

“Its bedtime. What are you two doing here?” Sehun approaches them.

 

“Reading a book.” SeJoon answers.

 

As Sehun gets closer, he recognizes the little book. He smiled. It was his and Mina's project from college.

 

Little Mina and Little Sehun's Journey.

 

“Appa.... can you read it to us?” SeJoon looks at him.

 

“Ahaha! What in the world were guys doing before I came home.” Sehun sat down.

 

“..... looking at the pictures” The boy sheepishly smiled

 

Ruffling his son's hair, Sehun got comfortable on the sofa with this eldest son and only daughter. When the story was done, a rush of memories hit Sehun. Memories from their first kisses, to random dates and just memories of just being together. He started to miss Mina again and wanted to cuddle with her. He felt.... love sick. He sighed. He noticed that Miyun had fallen asleep and SeJoon was rubbing his tired eyes. The front door opens and Mina walks inside, exhausted.

 

“Yah... why aren't they in bed yet?” Mina asked tiredly.

 

“I just read them a story.... I'll put them bed.” Sehun carries Miyun in his arms.

 

“I'll take SeJoon... come on baby.. lets go to bed.” Mina calls for her son.

 

The four make their way upstairs. Minho and Seyun were already asleep. Sehun laid Miyun in her crib and kissed her goodnight. He went into the SeJoon's room. Mina visited the rest of her kids and kissed them goodnight.

 

Mina after kissing all her babies goodnight, entered her room. She went face first into the bed.

 

“So tired” She muttered in the pillows.

 

She hears the door open and in comes Sehun. He smirks as he quickly gets closer to her. He jumps on bed and lays with her.

 

“Minaaaaa.” Sehun snuggles closely with, but in response, gets pushed away in the face.

 

“Go change you clothes.” She mutters with her eyes closed, but the pouty husband didn't listen and attempted to snuggle again.

 

“I want my wife. I miss her. We barely have time for each other.” Sehun pouted.

 

“Sehun I’m tired.” Mina looks at him with tired eyes.

 

“-sigh- fine.” Sehun gets up from their bed and goes into the bathroom to change.

 

Mina heard the sadness in her husband's voice. She looked at door and sighed. She missed him too. Mina changed in their bed room and laid in bed, waiting Sehun to come out. When he finally did and laid down, he caught off guard when Mina suddenly pulled on his arm.

 

“hm?” He looked over and saw the pout on her face.

 

Mina moved closer and hug Sehun tightly. Her face was pretty much buried in Sehun's chest. The husband smiled and hugged her back.

 

“I miss you.” Mina spoke while her face was still in his chest.

 

“I miss you too. Did you finish the cake?”

 

“Yes.... after redoing it. I accidentally dropped the first one.” Mina recalled the earlier scene.

 

“Oh no. I'm sorry babe. At least its all done now.” Sehun kissed her forehead.

 

“Sehun.... is it selfish that I want to take a break from life? Like from work and as much as I love our babies.... from the family too?” Mina sat up.

 

“Its alright Mina. Everyone needs a vacation for themselves once in awhile and you my dear, aka superwoman... deserve one.”

 

“Hm. Lets plan one next time.” Mina spoke before drifting off into dreamland, still on sehun's chest.

 

“I'm already ahead of you babe.” Sehun kissed Mina's head before falling asleep as well.

 

~Two days later.

 

-beep beep beep-

 

Mina woke up to turn off the alarm. After shut it off, she was startled by the appearance of Sehun standing next to her bed with a tray in his hand.

 

“AH! YAH! What's wrong with you?! Its too early to be scared!” Mina attempted to hit him.

 

“Good morning love.” Sehun set down the tray of food and kissed her cheek.

 

“Thank you!” Mina looked up at Sehun.

 

Mina smiled at the food made by her hubby

 

“What's this?” Mina looked at the envelop placed next to the food.

 

“open it and you'll find out.” Sehun smiles.

 

Mina opens it and a brochure falls out. Her eyes widen when she sees the bold words.

 

“JEJU?!” Mina jumps, almost knocking over the food.

 

“yes my love..... starting Friday and then the next 3 days and 2 nights, it will be our romantic getaway. No kids. No work. Just you and I, and we're going to relax and spend time with each.” Sehun kisses her forehead.


Mina smiles and leans forward that their foreheads touch.

 

“Sehun.”<

Please log in to read the full chapter