Birthday Surprise

The Journey That Lead Her To Him
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Hyung, are you sure she won't kill me?”

“Relax. Everything will be fine. She sleeps like a rock. I already packed her bag for her. It downstairs.”

“But wouldn't be a better idea to wake her up and so she can change her clothes.”

“Nahh, I saw her go to bed in a hoodie and sweatpants last night.”

 

“hmmmm”

 

 

The two men froze in their spot when Mina started to move around in her bed. Luckily, she didn't wake up. The young male looked over at the older male with a scared look.

 

“I don't know about this anymore...”

“Why? She won't be mad. She'll be touched by your birthday present.”

“I guess... and the others are there already on their way. And everything is paid for already.”

“Yeah... now gently pick her up.”

 

Quietly, the younger male picked her up, along with here blanket. He carried her bridal style all the way to his car, into the passenger seat. The other male had Mina's bag and placed in the trunk.

 

“Have fun you guys. Mina will love this. Call me when you get there.”

“Thanks hyung. Still wish you could come.”

“I know. Too bad I have to work. I'll call you guys later. Bye”

“Bye”

 

 

 

 

 

-SMACK-

 

An hour into the car ride, Mina was awoken when her head smacked into the window.

 

“ughhh” She slowly opened her eyes, while rubbing the throbbing area. Her eyes almost popped out when she realized she wasn't in her bed. Instead, she was in a moving car. Starting to panic, she turned over to the driver's side.

 

“SEHUN?!?!” Mina yelled out.

“PLEASE DON'T KILL ME!!” Sehun pleaded as he still kept his eyes on the road.

“What is going on?!? How did I get here?! Where are we going?!?!” Mina was shooting the questions out.

 

Feeling it was best thing to do, Sehun pulled over on the high way. He nervously looked over at the confused Mina.

 

“.....surprise?” Sehun awkwardly waved his hands in the air.

“.......” Mina stayed quiet. She wanted answers.

“Okay... Since your birthday is tomorrow, I planned a special trip as your present.” Sehun shyly looked away. Mina blushed when she heard his explanation.

“Awww... really??” Mina smiled.

Sehun nodded, still not looking at Mina.

“That's the sweetest thing anyone has ever done for me. YOU'RE THE BEST SEHUN!!!” Mina took off her seat belt and before Sehun could even see it, Mina hugged him tightly. Sehun's heart felt like it was about to explode. He was speechless.

 

“So where are we going?” Mina pulled away and sat in her seat again.

“Well.... We're going to my family's cabin in the mountains and..... I'm taking you skiing!!” Sehun smiled.

“wow... I’ve never been skiing before..... wait ….. just us?”

 

Mina didn't know why, but she felt her cheeks starting to turn pink at the thought of just her and Sehun on this trip.....alone.

 

“oh no. I invited the rest of the gang. They should actually be almost there since the left an hour before us.”

“Oh... okay. This is going to fun! LET'S GO!!” Mina buckled her seat belt with a smile on her face. Sehun felt good about him, knowing he's giving Mina one of the best birthday presents... ever.

 

Another hour on the road, the two approached at the ski resort.

 

“Wow.” The first word Mina said as looked around. Everywhere you looked there was snow. There was various hills, with some people already skiing, snowboarding or sledding down. A ski lift ran from the resort all the way to the top of the highest hill. Sehun drove past the hotel and arrived in an area where numerous private cabins were at. Sehun stopped in front of a large cabin, but cozy cabin. Sehun parked next to a familiar car and both stepped out of the car. A sudden gust of wind caused Mina to hug herself.

 

“Aish.. you could've just woken me up so I could dress properly.” Mina was still in her sweatshirt and sweatpants. Sehun quickly came up behind her and put his jacket around his shoulders.

 

“Uhhh blame your brother for that... I wanted to wake up you but he insisted it would ruin the surprise.” Sehun explained. “Let's go. I'll get out bags later.” Sehun hugs his arms around her and made their way to the front door.

 

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY MINA!!!”

 

Both Mina and Sehun were startled by the sudden yelling and the popping of confetti poppers. Jiyeon, Suzy, Chanyeol, Jongdae and Seulong saw the two arrive and went into their places to surprise Mina. It was success.

“But my birthday isn't until tomorrow?” Mina looked at her friends.

“So? It's your birthday weekend. We're gonna celebrate starting today until we leave” Jongdae explained.

“Ahh.. thanks you guys!!” Mina started to get teary eyed.

“Please don't cry.... you look ugly when you cry.” Jiyeon pointed out.

“Yah! Neither do you!” Mina glared at her best friend, causing everyone to laugh.

“I'm going to get our bags.”

“We'll help!” Chanyeol, along with other guys followed Sehun back to his car.

“Aishh... Sehun is such a sweet guy, Mina. I'm look at this. He planned such a fun and romantic birthday trip for you. I'm so jealous. Just date him already!” Jiyeon pushed her best friend

“Uhh.. Fun, yes but where does the romantic part fit in to this?” Mina questioned.

“Yeahh... where the romantic part of the trip?” Suzy questioned also.

“I … well.... who know what could happen?! We may find you two making out by the fireplace!! Bottom line is he planned this for you. What guy would do that? Answer? It's a guy that has some big feelings for the girl.” Jiyeon placed her hands on her hips once finished explaining.

“I think the air pressure up here has done something to your brain.” Mina pokes Jiyeon's forehead.
“I don't know Mina.... Ji has a point. Sehun planned and paid for all of this, just for your birthday. This is his family's private cabin. Have you ever wondered if Sehun had feeling for you as more than a friend?” Suzy asked.

“Guys... Sehun and I are just best friends. Mostly likely he just did this as a nice gesture.”

“This is huge ask nice gesture...” Jiyeon mumbled.

 

Mina glared at Jiyeon and was about to say something, but the front door opened with 4 guys rushing inside.

“cold cold cold cold” Chayeol and Jongdae chanted as they ran toward the fireplace to warm themselves up.

 

“Soo there's 7 people and 4 bedrooms in this house, how are we going to set up the sleeping arrangement?”Sehun asked as he placed his bag onto the floor.

“Well.. one person will get a room to themselves.” Suzy points out.

“Well since Mina is the birthday girl, she could have the room to herself.” Sehun suggested.
“Noo. Just because i'm the birthday doesn't mean I should get special treatment.... plus I don't want to be alone...” Mina shyly admitted.

“Okay than... Seulong,Mina and I rock paper scissor. Winner gets the room to themselves.”

“Wait why the 3 of us

Please log in to read the full chapter