Chapter 2

Compelled to Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author’s POV

“Mirae! Watch out!” Mi Song yelled in panic while stopping Mirae from crossing the road that was full of cars. Mirae looked up; she hadn’t noticed the danger at all. “What’s up with you today?” Mi Song asked worriedly. Mirae glanced at her friend and then shrugged. They crossed the road and walked through the gates leading to the parking lot outside their school.

“Nothing special. I’m fine,” Mirae replied stubbornly.

“Are you sure because you don’t look okay whatsoever,” Mi Song pointed out. Mirae shot her a warning glare. “Fine, don’t tell me then. But there’s something bugging you and I will find-”

“Move it!” a girl shouted, pushing Mirae out of the way. She almost fell to the ground when she felt a strong hand under her arm, holding her up.

“Jongin,” she breathed.

“You all right, angel?” Jongin asked. Mirae nodded. “What’s all the commotion about?” Jongin continued, looking ahead towards the end of crowded parking lot. Mirae and Mi Song both shrugged. There was definitely something big going on over there, right next to where the courtyard began. As Jongin, Mirae and Mi Song arrived there, they could already hear the loud screams from a bunch of girls. Jongin jogged to his fellow friends, giving a disapproving look towards the crowd. Suddenly Mirae spotted it, the thing all the girls are screaming over; a black BMW, parked in the middle of the circle of people. Mirae’s eyes went to the car door as it slowly opened. She heard gasps from the girls around her, while she stood quiet, observing the red shoe on the ground. Her eyes proceeded up along the body, taking note of the black drop-crotch jeans and the simple white t-shirt underneath the beige coat with a hood in the same colour. Mirae’s eyes went further up as the person turned around, seeing the blond hair and then the black sunglasses the boy wore. He had a smirk on his lips, clearly liking the crowd that awaited him. Like in slow motion, he closed the door, locked the car and strolled through the crowd of still squealing girls. Mirae gazed after him. Who could he be? She felt like she had gotten stuck in the Twilight movies; drooling after the mysterious Edward Cullen.

“Hey, Mirae. We need to get to class.” Mi Song interrupted her thoughts by nudging her in the side. Mirae nodded and they followed the disappearing people that also had to get to class. “I wonder who that guy is,” Mi Song said. Mirae sat down on her seat next to her friend.

“Whoever he is, he’s popular already,” Mirae remarked. Their classmates whispered about him all day and by the end of the day, Mirae knew more about the new boy than she knew about most of her classmates. Apparently the new boy’s name was Lu Han but he preferred to be called Luhan like it was one name. He had transferred to their school all the way from Beijing in China and his Korean was perfect even though he hadn’t even been here a week. She also knew which class he belonged to; the same class as her brother, Class AD09.

“Isn’t that him?” Mi Song discreetly nodded towards a table across the cafeteria. Mirae turned around and saw the new boy surrounded by a bunch of girls. He must’ve seemed exotic, Mirae figured, why else would they be so interested in him? “It’s Su-Ji and Hee-Jin of course.” Mi Song scoffed out. Mirae didn’t have anything against those girls like Mi Song had. Su-Ji and Hee-Jin were the same age as Jongin and went to the same programme as him, although they belonged to the girl class while Jongin obviously belonged to the boy class. But they still had the same theoretical classes, such as math, science, Korean and history. Maybe it was because Mi Song had a small crush on Jongin that she didn’t want any other girls near him? Yeah, that was probably it.

“Hm, you should be happy they’ve found someone else to drool over other than Jongin oppa,” Mirae said, leaving the tray to the kitchen lady.

“Why would I care if they drool over him? It’s you that should worry about that,” Mi Song retorted. Mirae shrugged.

“Not really, I know I’m his favourite girl no matter what.” She could feel Mi Song’s stingy glare in her back as she headed towards the exit. “Besides, I- Oh!” she exclaimed surprised when she found something blocking her path. She looked up and met the black sunglasses she remembered seeing earlier in the morning. Mirae couldn’t help but feel uncomfortable yet intrigued at the same time. She watched in horror as the boy raised his hand and removed his sunglasses. Underneath them was a pair of dark brown eyes hidden, which Mirae stared straight into now. She could feel the glares from the other girls as they judged her like they would normally judge anyone that wasn’t like them. However, it felt worse this time around. Mirae’s head fell down and she bit her lips nervously.

“Who are you?” She didn’t dare lift her head a single millimetre. What if he put a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter