Chapter 1

Compelled to Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mirae’s POV

“Mirae! Time to wake up!”

“I’m up!” I shouted to my mother and got out of bed.

“Your brother is home so you can ask him to drive you if you want! See you tonight! Have fun in school sweetheart!”

“Bye mom! Love you!” I shouted while spitting out the toothpaste. I got dressed into my uniform and walked down to the kitchen where my brother sat, eating his breakfast and playing with his phone, though he smiled when he saw me.

“Hi kiddo, did you sleep well?” he asked, stretching out his arms so that I could hug him. He kissed my cheek and let me go. “Your breakfast is in the microwave.”

“Thanks! And I slept well. Did you sleep well oppa?”

“Yes I did. Do you want a lift for school?”

“Yes please,” I replied while taking out my sandwich with Nutella on it. If there was anything my brother knew that I loved, it sure was Nutella in the morning and whenever our mother had left for work early, he’d make that for me. My brother nodded and kissed my hair before he went to prepare for school, I sat down to enjoy my breakfast.

Oh, by the way, let me introduce myself. My name is Kim Ra Hael, but I’m called Mirae by most people after my brother came up with that nickname for me. I live with my brother and my mother and my father. Though, my father is the CEO for a large company here in Korea and then a smaller company in Japan, so we don’t get to see him that often, but I don’t mind, we never had that good of a contact. Either way, I’m currently in my first year of high school, meaning I’m seventeen years old. My brother is two years older than me and he’s also one of the top students at our school, both academically and in popularity. His name at home is Jongin and his name in school is Kai. My parents were always very proud of him, even in elementary school. But it’s now in high school that Jongin really stands out among the other students. And to be perfectly honest, being his little sister has its perks. You’re instantly liked by the teachers, everyone knows who you are and you gain popularity in seconds. However, it’s not all good things. I’m often compared to my brother too and whenever I wouldn’t do as well as him, teachers would scold me or be disappointed with me. Thankfully, if that happened Jongin helped me achieve the same grade he had and then he’d said that I didn’t need to worry because he’d love me no matter how I did in school. He was always very encouraging and told me that as long as I did my best he would be proud of me.

Anyway, back to me. I didn’t go to the same school as my brother in the beginning. But then he asked me to transfer so that he could take care of me and make me happier. You see, I wasn’t well treated in my previous school – an all girls’ school. I switched school after the autumn break and started in Jongin’s school and due to my popularity; my first school year had both been fun and sometimes a real pain. The other girls, who had been popular before I transferred to the school Jongin went to, got very annoyed with me. Jongin went to Seoul Arts Performing High School, aka a truly snooty school for aesthete freaks. Oh well, I found my passion for singing there so I can’t really complain.

I poured up some yoghurt and was just about to eat when I heard the doorbell ring. Knowing exactly who it was, I ran to open. “Morning Miso~” I happily greeted my friend. Mi Song smiled at me and waved.

“Hey, why aren’t you ready for school yet?” she wondered. I waved her inside.

“Jongin is driving me,” I answered. Mi Song nodded and took off her coat. “Do you want anything to eat?” I asked Mi Song who shook her head. I noticed that her eyes were searching for something – or rather someone. My brother to be exact. I knew she liked him but she wouldn’t admit it. I snapped my fingers in front of her face so that she woke up from her daydreaming. “Jongin is taking a shower I think,” I informed her teasingly. Mi Song’s cheeks turned a flaming red. I raised an eyebrow at her; did she really think I didn’t know?

“I wasn’t-” In the next second she gasped and held . I swung around and saw my brother coming out of the bathroom, having only a towel around his hips and another towel about to dry his hair. He didn’t see us.

“Oppa!” I cried out while I covered Mi Song’s eyes. Jongin turned his head to me and got wide eyes when he saw Mi Song.

“Yah! Kim Ra Hael! You have to tell me if we get company!” he scolded me and headed towards his bedroom quickly.

“Give us a warning before you just step out of the bedroom half !” I shouted after him. I led Mi Song inside the kitchen and sat her down on a chair. I removed my hands from her eyes; Mi Song was even redder than she had been before. Aish, she’s so crazy about him... “Park Mi Song! Will you stop fantasising about my brother?” She stared at me in shock.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter