Chapter 54

Compelled to Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author’s POV

The door opened and Jongin stormed out with his head hanging low in defeat. He looked as mad as one can look and the two who were seated outside the room knew he was better left alone. Mi Song looked up from her lap but quickly lowered her head again when Jongin disappeared around the corner. No, she thought, not a good time to talk to him. They hadn’t spoken in over two weeks now, and it was starting to affect Mi Song’s inner feelings. Yes, she did still love him, but not as much. “How are you holding up, Mi Song?” the person who sat across from her asked in a low tone. Mi Song looked at Sehun whose swollen red eyes were beginning to look even more tired and sad. She shrugged.

“Okay, I guess. It bothers me that I can’t go in and see Mirae. Other than that, I’m doing fine. I think...” she replied quietly. Sehun chuckled a bit.

“That’s good,” he said in a more comforting and soothing way than before. “I wish I could speak with Mirae too, and then with Luhan. Although the police are holding him in for interrogation so it won’t be possible for a while. At least not until Mirae has confirmed it wasn’t he who did it...” Mi Song perched her lips together, almost making them white. She felt really conflicted on the inside, because even though she thought Luhan was guilty, she didn’t feel she could shout it out to Sehun that his best friend was a . Instead of making any mistakes, Mi Song held shut until she could figure out something else to ask.

“How’s everything going in your life besides all that’s happened these past few days?” she kindly asked. Sehun smiled a little, fascinated by her kindness even in hard times.

“It’s all right. Luhan has fixed me a job down at a local bar. I’m a waiter there but Luhan knows one of the bartenders and he told me he could teach me. I’ll have my first ‘lesson’ this Monday actually.” Mi Song nodded.

“That sounds really fun! I hope it goes well for you,” she responded sweetly. Sehun’s cheeks reddened slightly. He didn’t feel flustered around girls normally but Mi Song’s sweetness struck him since he knew she wasn’t a fan of him.

“How’s everything going for you then? Is school a pain or a pleasure?” He chuckled lightly, causing Mi Song to follow suit. She shrugged again.

“It’s okay. Though it hasn’t been the greatest start... I’m sure it’s going to get better.” She smiled again and felt a little wave of relief when Sehun smiled back at her. She was a bit intrigued by him, to be frank. He had a very special look to his face and his bone structure wasn’t like anything she had seen, which she found interesting. He also had a smooth, nice voice with some depth that she really enjoyed listening to, and to top it off, he wasn’t anything like his best friend; right around the opposite.

“It’s great having someone who’s positive around,” Sehun commented happily. Mi Song laughed.

“Thank you. I haven’t been positive for a long time now... You must be special if you have brought that out of me.”

“Nah, I don’t know anything about that. But I’m glad if it helped you.” Once again, Mi Song’s cheeks turned a bright colour of a pinkish shade and she gazed at the floor mindlessly. Suddenly, they heard footsteps in the corridor, heavy ones at that. It was no less than four police officers and a fifth man that were stomping their way down the corridor, heading straight towards Mirae’s room. Mi Song followed them with her eyes as the policemen searched for a doctor to talk to. Upon finding one, they asked for Kim Ra Hael’s room and were shown the way.

“Excuse me, sir, who are you looking for?” Mi Song dared ask one of the policemen. “My name is Park Mi Song. I’m her best friend,” she explained.

“I’m sorry, this is police business. I cannot leak any information,” he coldly answered Mi Song and then walked after his colleagues inside Mirae’s room. Mi Song stood confusedly behind. Police business? Are they going to interrogate Mirae too? Who was that fifth person? A prosecutor perhaps? Isn’t it clear enough that they only found Luhan at the crime scene and therefore it can’t be anybody else but him responsible for the crime? Mi Song wondered.

“That was rather rude...” Sehun spoke up, bringing Mi Song out of her thoughts. She nodded her head slowly.

“What do you think they’re going to say to her?” Mi Song’s worry couldn’t be hidden in her voice, even if she tried to be confident. “They won’t...”

“What?”

“...make her change her mind about anything, right? If she says it’s Luha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter