Chapter 36

Compelled to Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Luhan’s POV

“Where the hell has she gone?” I asked myself for the tenth time as I walked up and down the streets near the house. I had been looking for Mirae for over half an hour now. It was really strange, because when I woke up from my deep slumber, Kris had been whining about his hurting and Tao was playing video games as nothing had happened. But apparently a lot had happened while I was asleep... Eventually, I forced them to tell me what had happened between them and Mirae. They explained it all quite lazily and blurry, but at least I understood this: she had run out of the house. At first I became angry with them, and then I didn’t feel anything. I just went out to look for her. Now that I had looked for her – without finding her – I decided to head back home. It wasn’t particularly long and I was home within five minutes, thinking Mirae would just have to find her way home by herself; I had stopping caring. I tried to unlock the door, only to realise that it was already unlocked, this meaning someone was home. Assuming it was just Kris and Tao who were home, I barged in, yelling, “Yah! I didn’t find her! You’ll have to go out look for her in case she doesn’t come back, ing idiots!” There came no reply from either Tao or Kris. “Yah! I’m talking to you!” I kicked off my shoes, pushed the door closed and went into the living room. “Yah! Answer-” I got quiet upon seeing Mirae sitting on the couch, joined by someone else. Instinctively, I gritted my teeth and set my jaw. “What the are you doing here? Get out of my house!” I pointed towards the door. Sehun didn’t move.

“Long time no see, friend,” he said casually.

“GET THE OUT OF MY HOUSE!” I shouted on top of my lungs. “You’re not welcome here, you ing traitor! Get out of my house now or I will kick you out myself!” I took a step towards him but Mirae stood up. As I turned to her, I could feel myself boiling on the inside.

“This is my house too. He’s staying,” she said calmly. I glared at her, wishing I could’ve killed her using my gaze alone.

“You brought him here? What the do you think you’re doing, princess? You’re very much out on thin ice here. Tell him to leave or I’ll make sure you end up in the hospital again!” I threatened, taking another step towards her. It perplexed me that Mirae did not even move an inch; she remained where she stood. Is she really opposing me? Who does she think she is!?

“You’re not touching her, Luhan,” Sehun defended, pulling Mirae down on the couch and stood up himself. We were so close that if I wanted, I could’ve hit him easily. Why hadn’t I hit him already? I couldn’t figure out what stopped me. He looked just like he had done back then, with his fluffy blond hair being all over the place, his thin lips lay flatly, his eyes were narrowed like always and his body stood steady and ready. Sehun hadn’t changed at all during these two years that I hadn’t seen him, he was exactly the same.

“In that case, get out. I don’t want you anywhere near me, got it?” I hissed at him. Sehun was a tad taller than I was, so I tried to make myself taller – I had always despised his length.

“He’s told me everything, Luhan.” My eyes fell on Mirae who tugged on her lips. She pulled Sehun’s arm, making him back away from me and create some space between us where she placed herself. She looked at me with pitiful eyes. “He told me about Li-”

“Say her name and I’ll snap your neck,” I threatened again. “You don’t know , okay? Don’t think neither of you are able to change the past, okay?! What happened happened! Let it go! I’m going to our bedroom and when I come out in three minutes, I want him gone!” I began to stomp towards the bedroom.

“It’s you who haven’t moved on yet, Luhan. Li Jing would’ve hated seeing you like this, you must know that.” I stopped in my tracks, swinging around on the spot. I was ready to lash out on Sehun, attack him, and even put my hands around his throat. I didn’t need any reminder of her, I knew perfectly well what had happened back then; they didn’t have to tell me.

“I’m not talking about her, Sehun. Forget it,” I said through my gritted teeth.

“Fine, let’s talk about you then. Why are you acting like this? Huh? What the hell happened to the Luhan I loved like a brother, huh?! Where did he go? I get that the thing with Li Jing broke your heart, but come on, grow up! It happened two years ago! It’s time to move on. You can’t go on like this, Luhan. You must let it go. You’ve got someone else who you must care for and learn about now.”

“What?” I asked. “Who the are you talking about?”

“Mirae, of course! She’s your wife now. She told me that it’s an arranged marriage and all, but it can still stir things around, can it not? She didn’t know anything about you until today.”

“No. And I wanted to keep it that way! Wanna know why?! Because now she’ll pity me, just like you do! I’ve forgotten about that , Li Jing, a long time ago! She’s gone! I get it!” I yelled and turned away. My hands flew up to my head as the memories came towards me like a tidal wave: merciless and painful. I could see the girl I had loved so much stand in front of me with her black, silky hair, squinting eyes and perfect plump lips. Suddenly, I was swept back to present time and Mirae’s weak voice caught my attention.

“Why do you hate me so much? What have I ever done y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter