Chapter 75

Compelled to Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mirae’s POV

“Jagi,” a soft voice cooed in my ear and then I felt a pair of soft lips press against my cheek. My lips naturally curled up into a smile and as my eyes opened, and I saw Luhan half bent over me, I could not stop smiling widely. His morning-hair was as crazy as always, just the way I loved it. Luhan caressed my forehead, removing my bangs from it and then leaned in to kiss it. I reckoned this had to be the best kind of way to wake up; next to someone you love, on a day that was going to mean the world to the both of you for the rest of your lives – at least that was what I hoped. Luhan lay down next to me and rubbed my arm gently. “Good morning, my love.”

“Good morning,” I replied, taking his hand tightly. “Did you sleep well? I did.” Luhan nodded.

“I did, my love. Since I’m next to-” I playfully hit his head before he could finish his sentence and laughed. Luhan laughed too and then pouted cutely. “Can’t I even be cheesy on our second wedding day?” he asked, sounding upset even though he still smiled. I wrinkled my nose and shook my head.

“No... It’s going to make me melt before I’ve even made it to the altar!” I chuckled and pecked his lips and then got out of bed. Luhan followed, though I could have betted he wouldn’t have minded cuddling for at least an hour or so. But this was going to be a pretty busy day so we simply would not have time for that, which he knew. Suddenly, a sweet scent struck my nose and I halted in the process of putting on my bathrobe. “Do you smell that?” I asked Luhan who looked towards our bedroom door. He turned to me with a wide smile.

“I think a certain mother has gotten up early to cook for us,” he cooed and hurried out to the kitchen like a child on Christmas. I giggled and ran after him. Luhan was right, of course; Mr Lu was standing in her favourite apron by the table with Luhan’s arms tightly wrapped around her neck and in the middle of plating up some of our favourite Chinese dishes. I smiled widely.

“Mother~ You are the best!!” Luhan exclaimed happily, kissing Mrs Lu’s cheek over and over until she almost had to push him away. Mrs Lu chuckled and caressed his cheek in the way only a mother knows how, making Luhan as adorable as a puppy.

“I wanted to prepare something special for my darlings on their special day,” she said, smiling towards Luhan and then to me. “And there’s no better way to start a wonderful day than with some wonderful breakfast, right?” Luhan and I both nodded, feeling equally blessed and happy. We took our seats at the table and dug in on the many dishes Mrs Lu had made for us.

“Jagi? Sehun and Mi Song are coming here at noon, right?” I wondered while eating a baozi. There was a huge downside to Mrs Lu moving out of our apartment: her amazing cooking would not be on the table every day. Because although she had taught me a lot during our stay in China, I knew there was no way I could match her cooking skills.

“Yeah, I thought an hour would be enough. We must be at the church about half an hour before the ceremony begins, so that I have time to practise my vows on final time. If we leave at half past twelve, we’ll be there around ten to one o’clock and have about forty minutes left, which would give us an extra ten minutes to spare in case there is a lot of traffic,” Luhan answered. I looked at the clock and counted the few hours that were left before I would stand as a bride for the second time in my life. Three and a half hours left... Then I’ll be re-married and able to be completely at peace with my life. Just thinking about the ceremony made me tear up, but I blinked it away because I wanted to wait until the actual ceremony. After the ceremony, Luhan, Mrs Lu, Sehun, Mi Song and I would go to a rather expensive restaurant with fantastic view and have lunch there. After that, Luhan and I were going home, get our luggage, get to the airport and go on a train down to Busan and then get on the ferry to Jeju Island; a classic resort for newlyweds – or in our case newly-newlywed. I longed to spend the rest of the week there with him. It would be amazing to have a break from school and to just be with Luhan on a smaller second honeymoon, that I knew would be a whole lot more successful than the first one.

“Darling?” I turned to Mrs Lu. “I hung your dress in my room since I thought it would be a shame if Luhan saw it before you put it on for the first time,” Mrs Lu told me. I giggled.

“But, mother, he’s already seen it. Well, pretty much...”

“Yes, I know. But I think it looks very different now that it’s been re-made,” Mrs Lu pointed out. I thought for a while and then nodded in agreement.

“You’re probably correct. It does look a bit different.” I had decided to have the dress re-made to take away the memories I had associated it with. Before I had it re-made, all I could see in it was my mother’s faked smile on the day when we picked it out, the resentment I felt towards the wedding as a whole and the man who would have me as his bride. Now, when I looked at it, I could smile. I had had it shortened to stop by my knees and the silver flowers that had once been draped around the bustier were gone and replaced with white lace. It was much simpler now, like the wedding was supposed to be this time around. Instead of having hundreds of guest we barely knew, Luhan and I would be accompanied by the three people we cherished the most. That would be enough for us. And another big difference would be that we were getting our vows renewed for our own sake, not for anyone else’s. This little ceremony would be for our love and for the two of us. There would be no money involved, no agreement between anyone else than the agreement between Luhan and I; that we wanted to spend the rest of our lives together. I hoped this day would be like the dream wedding I had had in mind as a child, more than the one I actually got to experience about nine months earlier. I bit my lip, remembering one last detail that was crucial: I would present my own written vows today. They would be my own words, without modification or involvement by my mother or father. That fact alone could make me cry... I chuckled.

“Hm? What are you laughing about?” Luhan curiously wondered. His big doe eyes were shining brightly out of excitement.

“Nothing,” I cooed and got up. “Thank you so much for breakfast, mother!” I hugged Mrs Lu tightly and kissed her cheek.

“Oh, you’re so welcome, my dear. Run and get yourself ready now! And don’t apply too much makeup. You mustn’t lose your natural beauty,” she reminded me.

“I agree! You were wearing too much makeup last time!” Luhan joined in. “I was actually a bit disappointed because they made you look like a doll when you’re much cuter just the way you are.” I raised a brow at him. Luhan grinned teasingly. “At least I think so now,” he said with a smile.

“Aha...” I replied drily. Luhan rolled his eyes and pulled my hand and buried his face in my stomach, which he knew tickled and caused me to laugh out loud.

“Luhan!! STOP! GOD, YOU ARE SO ANNOYING!” I shouted and tried to push him away. Luhan pulled me down in his lap and crashed his lips on mine unexpectedly. I had no choice but to kiss him back – not that I wanted anything but that either. After a while, Luhan pulled away and let me go.

“Go get ready, my beautiful wifey,” he said and returned to eat up the last of his breakfast. “I love you by the way!” he added, grinning again. I glared at him. First he made me almost lose all sanity with a kiss like that and then he just had to mock me... Aish, this husband of mine... I sighed dramatically while stomping to the bathroom, hearing Luhan’s amused laughter until I closed the door behind me. I had already decided what kind of makeup I wanted; simple eyeliner to mark my eyes, a light brown eye shadow that matched my skin tone and then a natural lip to wrap it up, and of course mascara. I took a quick shower, fixed my hair into controlled waves that I put up in the back with a white hair clamp. Then I did my makeup. When I was finished in the bathroom I continued into Mrs Lu’s room where I had my accessories, shoes and dress. I put on the dress and wore a couple of simple silver earrings, put on a stunning necklace that Luhan had given me for Christmas. It was a silver chain, quite thick, with a pendant in the form of a dove. The dove had small glistening wings and was very elegant and beautiful. I put on shoes and looked at the final result in th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter