Chapter 6

Compelled to Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mirae’s POV

“So I was thinking the wedding could be a couple of weeks after the kids’ summer break has started,” my mother said, full of enthusiasm. I cringed inside, along with my brother. In the corner of my eye, I witnessed the most outrageous Jongin must’ve ever felt. His jaw looked like it would break any second and his eyes were fixed on the table, trying so hard to control himself. Meanwhile Luhan smiled and nodded his head at my mother. I couldn’t understand how he could be happy about this... My mother and Mrs Lu were so thrilled about this match, it scared me half to death.

“That sounds perfect! We will have the perfect amount of time to buy them a big house just for the two of them and-”

“Excuse me, mother?” Luhan cut in. Our mothers looked up curiously at him, and so did I: what was he now going to say? “Would it be all right if I took my fiancée aside? We need some time alone, so that we can get to know each other better. Would it not be suitable?” I could hear the bones in Jongin’s hand crack from the intense clenching.

“Of course! Ra Hael, don’t you think that’s an excellent idea? Take Luhan with you to your room or...maybe up on the terrace! Whichever you’d like,” my mother happily answered, waving us off.

“Ah, that leaves us to take care of business while our wives plan the wedding,” Mr Lu said. He and my father got up and we stood up to bow before they left. I stood up after Luhan and slowly followed him out after our bows.

“This is your room, right?” Luhan asked and steered into the direction which had the destination: my room. I couldn’t do anything else but walk after him, hoping that Jongin would come as soon as possible. “Close the door,” Luhan sharply ordered me as I stepped in. I did as told. Luhan glanced around the room, threw his black blazer on my chair and lay down on my bed, making me feel like I’d have to burn it afterwards. I stood by the door, not moving a muscle and waiting for his next command. Luhan heaved out a sigh, placing his hands behind his head, eyeing me up and down. “You’re pretty hot.” Wow, no vomit reflexes. Must’ve accepted my fate by now, I thought.

“Thanks,” I murmured.

“Well that’s a critical quality that EVERY girl I date must have. You’re about average though, but I’ll make it work. Are you a ?” There was nothing stopping my jaw from dropping. He laughed at it, but I only thought that he was the rudest guy I’d ever met.

“That’s none of your-”

“Yeah, okay. Definitely . How boring for you,” Luhan spat at me. He reached inside his pocket and took out a package of bubble gums. “Have you seen a guy ? Or are you in total oblivion when it comes to ?” he questioned and popped a gum into his mouth. I didn’t answer, I simply refused. Luhan sighed, “Fine. Have you ever kissed someone then? Like properly? Or just a small peck?” I kept my mouth shut. I could see that he was becoming annoyed. He took a deep breath and got up from the bed. For a second I felt it twitch in my feet, telling me to run. But it was too late, Luhan was too quick. He grabbed my wrist and pushed me down on the bed, causing me to let out a small shriek before his hand muffled it. “Don’t scream, it’ll only make this a lot worse for you...” he whispered. His right hand held my wrist and his legs had pinched my legs down. I grabbed his hand and tried to bend it away from my mouth. Luhan chuckled, nearly sounding evil, which scared me even more and a panic attack began to build up. I couldn’t believe that this would happen to me and if this was before the wedding I could only imagine the horrible life I would live when I stayed in the same house as him. I squirmed underneath Luhan’s weight, using all my strength to get away from him. “Oh, sweetheart. Calm the down. I’m not going to do anything. Just let me kiss you and I’ll get off,” Luhan jeered. I shook my head. Never that I’d allow him to kiss me just for the sake of his own free will. Luhan rolled his eyes and removed his hand, although it didn’t stay in the air; it started moving down towards my hip. The second he did that, I screamed aloud again, frankly not giving a damn if anyone else than my brother heard it. Suddenly the door burst open and Luhan was pulled off of me and landed in the wall with Jongin’s hands gripping his collar, their faces were deadly close.

“WHAT THE ARE YOU DOING?” Jongin shouted in Luhan’s face.

“Gee, chill dude. They might hear. I just showed my fiancée how you do when you kiss,” Luhan replied and pushed Jongin away. I took my chance to get up and run into my brother’s protective embrace. Luhan watched us amused. “Aw, how cute! I bet you’ll miss living with each other when Ra Hael is all mine.” He winked at me, which caused Jongin to make another outburst at him but this time I stopped him. How much I wanted to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter