Chapter 45

Compelled to Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Luhan’s POV

I lit a cigarette and sat down on a bench in one of Seoul’s biggest parks. I wasn’t used to smoking without having a drink next to me, but drastic times called for drastic measures. As I sat there, philosophising about those things I had confessed to Mirae and where we would go from here, I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. I picked it up, checking the ID and answered. “Yes, mother?”

“Hi, dear! I was just wondering where you went? Are you at home? Your home I mean...” My mother sounded suspiciously vague. I wondered if she hid something from me.

“No, I’m not home. Why? Ought I to be at home?” I asked.

“Oh. No, no. Don’t go home for a while.”

“Why not?”

“It’s a surprise. Just don’t go home, okay? But where are you if you’re not home?”

“I’m sitting in a park, mother. And I’m going to go buy a coffee now before I take a long detour home. Does that sound good?” I suggested, with sigh away from the microphone.

“Yes, sure. It should be enough with an hour. Yes, give her an hour. Goodbye! Have fun!” My mother hung up. I raised a brow at the phone. What the heck had that been about? I put the phone back in my pocket again and leaned back to the back of the bench, going back to concentrating on my cigarette.

“Her? Does she mean Mirae?” I said to myself out loud. It usually gave me more perspective than whenever I thought it, but this time saying it out loud did not help. I contemplated if I should be nicer to Mirae or not. And after some time of pondering about this, I decided to be nice by putting out the cigarette first of all – Mirae didn’t approve of cigarettes. Secondly, I got up to begin the long walk around the city to end up at home an hour later. Start small then go bigger, I thought.

An hour later, I opened the front door carefully and was nearly knocked out from the intense smell of something very sweet. The hallway was dark and since it had become darker outside too, I couldn’t see that much. What I could see, though, was a light from the bedroom. I closed the door, removed my outerwear and continued inside the bedroom. I stopped in the doorway, staring at the sight in front of me. Mirae sat by the mirror, tying her hair up in a neat bun. She wore a pair of jeans, a white tank top and a blue hoodie on top of it. The hoodie’s hem ended where the top ended, which meant I could spot a small chink of skin between the jeans and the top. I cleared my throat demonstratively. “Luhan! Oh... You scared me.” Mirae got up from the chair and turned around. “Pony tail or bun?” I raised a brow at her.

“Pony tail. Where’re you going?” I inquired rather distrustfully.

“I’m not going anywhere. We are. Come on, get dressed into something lighter and more comfortable. We’re going on a biking trip!” Mirae smiled widely at me. It seemed too comic to be true, so, naturally, I couldn’t help but let out a small chuckle.

“We’re going on a biking trip? Are you serious?”

“Deadly!” Mirae confirmed. “I’ll go check the bikes. Be ready in five, okay?” I scowled at her even more sceptically to see if she got the point: this was ridiculous. Mirae pouted. “Please? We’ll have fun. I promise you. Trust me just this once.” She held her hands up in a praying manner and pouted like a little sad puppy. I sighed heavily, signalling to Mirae that she had won, again. She jumped in joy and skipped out. “Hurry!” she cooed, shutting the door after her. I threw my suit off and went to my closet, looked through it quickly and took out some clothes; those included: a grey wife-beater, a pair of blue jeans – not too tight neither too movable – some sneakers and my biggest black hoodie. After I put it all on, checked myself in the mirror and felt satisfied, I walked out through the front door. Mirae stood on the pavement with her two hands in her pockets; she smiled at me.

“Are you sure about this?” I shouted.

“Yes! Super! Come now! We’ll be late!” Mirae shouted back, waving me over.

“Late for what?” I wondered as I walked down to her.

“You’ll see. Hop on!” Mirae took the bike and got onto it. “Come on, Luhan. Don’t be so boring!” She kicked off and rode the bike down the street, leaving me behind. I narrowed my eyes. What the hell is that girl up to?

“Well there’s just one way to find out, I guess.” I got onto the bike and went after Mirae who thought she had gotten ahead by quite much until I caught up with her. “Hey! Tell me where we’re heading!”

“What? No! I won’t ruin the surprise,” Mirae replied, winking at me. I got wide eyes.

“Did you just wink at me?!” I yelled. Mirae only laughed and went faster down the street. “Hey! I’m...freaking talking to you. Dammit!” I speeded up as well and tried to catch up with her; it wasn’t as easy this time around. “Mirae! Hang on for crying out loud!” I shouted at her annoyed.

“Keep up instead, handsome!” she shouted back in a teasing tone, once again shocking me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter