Chapter 10

Compelled to Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author’s POV

The next morning, Mi Song got to the Kim mansion like she did every morning to meet up with her best friend. It was a normal Thursday to her and the sun shone brightly. It was also quite warm for being February. Mi Song knocked on the door and opened it, just like always. “Mirae?” she called. No one answered, so Mi Song casually closed the door and went in to Mirae’s room, which was empty. “Mirae?” Mi Song called again, walking to the living room. There was really no sign of her best friend anywhere. Has she gone to school early? Mi Song wondered. Suddenly she heard a door open and turned around to see who it was. “Oh, oppa,” she said.

“Oh, hi, sweetheart,” Jongin replied with a smile. He went up to her and placed a small kiss on her lips, making Mi Song blush. “I was just about to wake Mirae, she hasn’t come out of her room yet,” Jongin explained.

“But, oppa, Mirae isn’t in her room. I’ve checked.” Jongin frowned, glancing towards his sister’s room. He opened the room to find it just as empty as Mi Song had. “I was wondering if she’d gone early. Although it’s not like her to do that,” Mi Song pointed out. Jongin’s frown deepened, he was deeply concerned.

“Have you tried calling her?” Jongin asked while picking up his phone. Mi Song shook her head. Jongin dialled the number and put on his shoes, ready to go in case his sister didn’t respond. She didn’t. “Let’s go.” Jongin took Mi Song’s hand and hurried down with her to his car.

“Oppa, do you think something has happened to her?” Mi Song worriedly asked. Jongin started the engine and drove off.

“I hope nothing has happened,” he answered. Mi Song pouted. Jongin reached his hand over to her; she took it in hers. “Don’t worry, honey. I’m sure she’s fine.”

They arrived to their school, which had lots of students there already. Jongin parked the car in his usual spot and then he took Mi Song’s hand again, marching into the school. It was still half an hour until the first lesson would start so the classrooms weren’t open yet. Jongin and Mi Song tried to think of places were Mirae liked to spend her time. Places like the roof, the library and the cafeteria were all good options. They started by checking the roof, thinking that Mirae’s situation may have triggered a lot of thoughts inside her head. Jongin felt the handle of the door that led out on the roof; it was locked. Feeling a little less confident, Mi Song and Jongin continued to the library. There were lots of students there as well, but none of them were Mirae. “Last but not least,” Jongin tried to calm himself. They reached the cafeteria and could here lots of laughter from one of the teachers’ common room as they passed. The door stood on slightly open. Jongin carefully pushed it full opened and got startled at the sight. There were a lot of couches in the teachers’ room and they were packed with people that Jongin new were his age. Among them he first saw the person he hated the most in the whole school – Luhan – and next to him sat the person Jongin loved the most in the whole school; his little sister. The anger didn’t take long to boil over, and Jongin growled out her name. “Ra Hael!”

The laughter silenced and the shock in most of the people in the room oozed out in its every corner. There was one more shocked person and another completely calm. Mirae stared at her brother. “Jongin oppa,” she breathed out. She saw her brother run towards the man she sat next and immediately jumped up. “Wait! I can explain!” she screamed. But it was too late. Jongin had already jumped onto Luhan and wrestled him down on the floor.

“Ra Hael, you damn ! Remember our ing agreement!” Luhan shouted as he tried to avoid Jongin’s fists hitting his precious face. Mirae rushed over and pushed Jongin to the side. Jongin landed on the floor, stared up at his sister in shock. Meanwhile Luhan got up and brushed off his clothes. “You’re a ing lunatic.” He laughed along with his friends who joined him. Suddenly, they’re interrupted by the school clock ringing in. Jongin was still half lying on the floor while Mirae looked down at him, holding back her tears. “Whoops, party’s over. See you at lunch, baby.” Luhan sneered at Jongin before leaving the room with his friends. Mi Song who until now had stood quiet in the doorway, stepped inside and walked up to help Jongin stand up again. Jongin’s eyes were fixed on Mirae, although she had lowered her head. He tried to understand what on earth was going on.

Mi Song decided to break the silence. “Do you like him all of a sudden?” she asked, upon which Mirae cracked and loud sobs escaped . “Mirae?” Neither Jongin nor Mi Song knew what

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter