Chapter 50

Compelled to Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author’s POV

Only a week after Mi Song had broken up with him, Jongin found himself seeking comfort with some of his friends rather than with his sister, whom he felt had betrayed him for good now. Because not only had Luhan now fallen in love with Mirae, but Mirae was surely in love with Luhan back. Jongin scoffed every time he thought about it. Though he wasn’t going to get affected by it anymore, he decided. He lay down on his bed after coming home from a business meeting with the vice president of their family company. Since his father had fallen a bit ill, plus had many things to care for with the Lu’s company, Jongin had gotten the chance to be the CEO of their company for a week. It was hard work, yet he enjoyed having people around him that respected him solely for his name. He was also greeted with 90 degree bows from older people than himself, which for a guy at his young age was quite surreal and awesome. Jongin looked through his contacts rapidly; he already knew who he was going to call. His best friend, Taemin. A dear friend Jongin knew he could count on at any time a day, every day a year and whenever he needed it. He pressed down his thumb on the screen and put the phone to his ear, patiently waiting for the other one to pick up.

“Kai! What’s up?!” Taemin shouted in his ear, causing Jongin to chuckle a bit. “Dude, I’ve been wondering where you are...” Jongin frowned, he thought Taemin sounded different somehow.

“Taemin-ah! Are you high or something? You sound super strange!” Jongin laughed. Taemin joined him in laughter.

“Yeah... I’m a bit high. I’m at Luhan’s place! We’re having a party... Kind of. It’s me and...eh... Luhan, Jae Won, Hyo... Luhan’s friend Sehun! You should meet him! He’s so awesome! And the girls are coming too soon. Bora, Jina, Minji and Hyuna! And of course, Mirae is coming too. Huh, maybe it’ll be awkward for you to be high near her...”

“What?!” Jongin interrupted the blabbering Taemin. He sat up on his bed. “Mirae’s there?!”

“No... not yet. She’s out partying with the girls. They went to some club or something... Luhan told her she should go with them and have some fun since apparently she’s never been to a club before. Then when they get home we- Oh! They’re here! Girls! Hi!” For a moment Taemin’s voice got mixed up with the squeals and shouts from both boys and girls. Though it was clear for Jongin that his little sister definitely was there. He heard her laughter and how someone – Luhan – asked if she wanted to try... He couldn’t hear what.

“Taemin! Yah! Don’t let Mirae drink or smoke that !” Jongin shouted into the phone. There was a peep in the phone and Jongin realised the line was dead, probably meaning Taemin had dropped the phone or something alike. Jongin ran his fingers through his hair, contemplating what he should do next, whether he ought to go to Luhan and Mirae’s home or stay where he was and let fate take its toll. Either way, Mirae and he would fight, he was sure of that. Could he talk to Luhan’s parents and get a hold of them that way? Or should he tell his own parents? No, he settled, they were not getting involved. Chewing and tugging on his lip, Jongin finally ran out to his car, got in and drove as fast as he could to the mansion, arriving within ten minutes. He banged on the door until Hyo opened it, clearly not as stable as Jongin had hoped he would be. Then again, Hyo loved partying.

“Kai... Hey!” Jongin shoved him aside, almost tripping the guy as he rushed inside, and he didn’t stop before he had come to the backyard where they all were. Jongin looked around, a panicked state showing itself, then he found his little sister by the pool. She was standing in front of Luhan who was holding a gigantic bottle in his hand while his other hand was on Mirae’s shoulder; it looked like he was trying to keep her on a safe distance. Nonetheless, Jongin wasn’t leaving unknowing of what exactly had happened. Therefore, he stomped up to them, he took Mirae’s hand and pulled her to him. She was drunk, definitely, but maybe not stoned.

“Oppa!” she exclaimed happily. “What are you doing here?” she added, her expression turning confused as she wiggled. Jongin turned his attention to Luhan who was smiling at him, he narrowed his eyes.

“What have you given her?” he inquired angrily.

“Nothing. I’m stopping her from drinking more,” Luhan replied calmly. “She came home drunk even though I told the girls they’d keep an eye on her! It’s not my fault,” he explained. Jongin raised a brow; he didn’t quite believe Luhan just yet, more questions were necessary.

“How much have you drunk? Have you smoked anything? Are you drunk or stoned? How much has she drunk? Has she smoked? Answer,” he said. Luhan grabbed Mirae’s hand, pulling her back towards him; he would not let Jongin embarrass him or make him feel guilty. Not this time, and not again after this.

“I have drunk two bottles of Soju but I need about four to get really drunk, I have not smok

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter