Chapter 47

Compelled to Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Luhan’s POV

“Tell me what happened,” I demanded again. Mirae, Sehun and I had sat down by the kitchen table; Mirae sitting on one side and us sitting on the other. “Has something happened to Mi Song?” I wondered, trying to get some information out of her.

“They broke up,” Mirae whispered.

“Who?” Sehun asked.

“Her brother and best friend,” I explained to Sehun, briefly in order to focus on Mirae. “Why did they break up? When did it happen?” I inquired both curious and worriedly.

“Mi Song blames me...” Mirae mumbled. She lay down her head on her arms, staring down into the table. I frowned and felt that I got angry. “Jongin hasn’t talked about anything else than me lately and Mi Song felt like he didn’t care about her so she broke up with him because he apparently couldn’t care about us both. She’s mad because I always seem to be in the way. Am I in the way of everyone?” She lifted her head, looking at me and Sehun. “Am I really a pain that just appears everywhere even if I’m not needed?” Her question was serious; I could see that in her eyes that were glossy, ready to cry. I didn’t know what to do, but thankfully Sehun reacted before me. He took her hand and caressed it while smiling encouragingly at her.

“Of course you’re not. I’ve never felt like you were in the way. You’re a great friend that I really like having around. It feels like you’re a little sister since you’re married to Luhan.” He chuckled, causing Mirae to chuckle lightly too. “Ask Luhan, you’re not a pain to him either.”

“Well, duh,” I replied with a gentle smile. “I’m confused why Mi Song even says that. She sounds like me...” As soon as I had uttered that sentence I realised how much of a pain I had been myself. “Excuse me.” I got up from the table and headed out on the yard behind the house. I went to my secret hiding place where I had left my cigarettes and lit one. They calmed me down nowadays after I confessed my feelings to Mirae. The thoughts began to travel round my head. I loathed the realisation of the truth; I was always worse than I had first thought. I always remembered new things that took me further away from any fragment of change in me. I sighed heavily and brought the cigarette to my mouth, wishing the smoke would ruin my lungs in a heartbeat and thereby end my misery.

“You shouldn’t smoke,” a voice said. I turned my head to Mirae who placed herself next to me. “It’s not healthy,” she pointed out. I shrugged indifferently.

“I’ve done lots of unhealthy things. Besides, I don’t usually smoke this regularly. It’s not good, I know. I do it... to calm down.” I couldn’t help but laugh inside. It was truly remarkable how easily I confessed things left and right whenever Mirae was near me, she must have had that affect on me. Mirae suddenly sat down on the grass, patting the place next to her. I obeyed, sitting down. “You aren’t a pain. I am,” I told her. “If it hadn’t been for me your brother wouldn’t have worried so damn much about you all the time. I don’t like it when you feel guilty, so please don’t, okay?”

“I won’t. Thanks for telling me that, by the way.” Mirae smiled.

“No problem. Do you want to go out and have some fun tonight? Just to lift some tension off your shoulders. And we’ll do whatever you want. Like... go bowling again?” I suggested.

“Nah... I feel like doing something more adventurous! We can... Oh! I know! We’ll go to a waterpark!” I raised a brow at her, blowing out some smoke. Mirae glared at the cigarette and without hesitation took it from me and walked inside the house. I waited with an amused smirk on my lips. “Yep, that was your last cigarette,” she stated when she came back and rubbed her hands together.

“Aha... Is it because you don’t like the smoke?”

“No. It’s because it’s dangerous for you and I prefer to have you alive, now. Come on, we’ll go tell Sehun and then we’re leaving!” She grabbed my hand and dragged me with her into the house, instantaneouly telling Sehun about the plans for the rest of the day plus evening with great excitement. Sehun, as expected, thought it was a brilliant idea and commanded that we should leave right away. Within ten minutes, we had pack the things we needed and sat down in the car, driving off to the nearest grand waterpark.

“Okay, see you soon!” Sehun said to Mirae before dragging me into the men’s changing room. We took a couple of lockers and changed into our swimwear. “Was this her idea or yours?” Sehun asked with a smirk playing on his lips.

“Whose do you think? Hers of course. I would never think about doing this,” I said. Sehun raised his eyebrows. “What? I wouldn’t have! I’m not a ert...anymore!” I added since my friend began to laugh sarcastically. I smacked him with my towel and walked ahead of him. We took our showers then headed out to the pools. Mirae waited for us by the slides. She wore the same bikini she had worn the time we bathed in the pool, back in China. She wav

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter