Chapter 52

Compelled to Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mirae’s POV

“I’m really sorry, Hyuna, I’m just busy tonight.” I tried to excuse myself for the third time that very same morning. But Hyuna wouldn’t take no for an answer; she grabbed my wrist, pulling me back in front of her one more time. “Can’t we do it tomorrow instead?” I pleaded.

“No! It has to be tonight! Come on~ I need to have some fun... It’s horrible at home and I don’t want to be there right now. Please, just come with me. I’ll crash at another friend’s afterwards but you’re a really good friend and your advices are exactly what I need the most right now!” I sighed. Hyuna was such a pretty girl and I knew she could bring anyone who she wanted and that she had picked me, honestly, made me feel a little special. She held up her hands and had that hopeful look in her eyes that I simply couldn’t resist. I finally gave in.

“Fine, I’ll come with you. I’ll need to tell Luhan though, but I’ll come. Where are we going?”

“Yay! Mirae, you’re the best! I’ll see you at...nine o’clock! Don’t be late, I’m counting on you! Toodles!” She kissed my cheek and skipped down the corridor back to her classroom. I giggled at her innocence which wasn’t something you saw that often, and then I headed back to my own class. When my class had finished, I walked to the library where Luhan was seated in his usual seat with his book already opened. A light blush rose on my cheeks, uncontrollable to my disappointment. Luhan’s hair was put to the side and his sleeves on his shirt were rolled up, making him look quite y, to be honest. I carefully snuck up on him so that he wouldn’t notice me until I sat down next to him. It amused me that he jumped a little and stared at me. I giggled. “Hi~!”

“Are you trying to give me a heart attack?” he asked with a narrowed pair of eyes.

“Hehe, whoops... Sorry,” I giggled. Luhan grinned and pecked my lips. “What are you reading?” I wondered, leaning my head on his shoulder. Luhan flipped the cover on the book so that I could see it. “You’re reading ahead of what your counsellor told you to read?” It wasn’t my meaning to sound shocked.

“Mm, I want to finish all my assignments quickly so that I can write those exams and then graduate as soon as possible,” Luhan replied with a heavy sigh and turned to look at me. I smiled encouragingly in return and caressed his cheek.

“You can do it, Luhannie! I believe in you,” I cooed sweetly, making Luhan smile. 

“Thank you, my darling. I am going to need a lot of that if I am to ever make it through... However you cannot distract me like this!” he chuckled. I stuck out my tongue at him.

“Sorry... I came here because I need to tell you that we have to move our date... Hyuna wanted to go out and she’s having troubles and needs advice. Is that okay?”

“You’re picking Hyuna over me?” Luhan said, not showing a single hint of joking tone. I got a bit shocked and shook my head, looking at him confused. Luhan just had his eyebrows raised and waited for my reply.

“No, she’s a friend who she needs to talk... I’m not picking her over you,” I told him seriously.

“Aha, I’m your boyfriend though...” Luhan answered.

“So?” He put down the book.

“Nothing. Go and have fun. I shouldn’t stop you. Don’t drink recklessly when I’m not there to hinder you from fainting. I really don’t want you to get in trouble.” I wrinkled my nose, not liking the way he talked. He made it sound like I couldn’t control myself when around alcohol. And he was sounding like my brother... Something I was not very fond of; I prefered associating Luhan will only good and comfortable things, such as his concern without being overprotective and harsh. I just wanted his sweetness and care.

“What do you mean by that? I got drunk one time. You don’t have to worry about me.”

“All right. If that’s what you believe,” Luhan responded. I gaped at him. What on earth had happened to the loving and caring Luhan all of a sudden?

“Are you in a bad mood or something? Why are you acting so...” I didn’t have to say it because Luhan’s glare showed that he would not discuss the matter further. He opened the book again and went back to his intense reading, ignoring me completely! Instead of walking away, feeling defeated, I took up my books and started doing my homework. Even so, I was in deep thought the whole time. Had something I didn’t know about happened? Maybe something with his father or Sehun? He’s been cold all afternoon... I thought to myself, as Luhan quietly followed me to my locker about an hour later. I observed him cautiously while leaving my own books in my locker. Should I ask what it is or leave him alone?

“Shall we go?” Luhan’s cold voice inquired. Definitely not ask until we get home... I wisely decided in my head as I nodded to him. We strolled down to his car and drove home to our house. It was starting

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter