Chapter 70

Compelled to Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jongin’s POV

“Mr Kim? You have recieved a letter,” my assistant Arisa said and laid an envelope on my desk. I looked up from my computer, seeing the white envelop with my name on it. I glanced at Arisa quizzically. “I don’t know what it is, Mr Kim.”

“Hm, all right... I can open it later. Thank you, Arisa.” Arisa nodded and opened the door to walk out, but then turned to me. “What?”

“I just... I think you might really want to read this letter now. It came from Korea,” Arisa informed carefully. My eyes widened in surprise. Korea? I reached for the letter and nearly ripped it open, unfolding a cream white parchment and saw a familiar handwriting, addressed to me, from my little sister. I hesitated more than once before finally reading it.

Dear Jongin,

My dear brother, I hope you are doing well. I have not heard from you in over half a year, but I have to admit that I have not thought about you so much. Instead, I have tried to keep in mind what you told me. I am stronger now than I was before, and that is thanks to you. I am braver than before, thanks to you. But know that it has not passed a day that I do not hesitate and try to find strength elsewhere. I did feel sad after reading your letter and although I might not agree with your every word, I know that I understand it better now.

You said that I would see you again when you return home, but I am going to ask you to return earlier than I think you originally planned...

Luhan and I are going to renew our vows, Saturday the 23rd of March, at 2pm. We are going to do this in the same church we were in at our wedding and we both hope that we will see you there. It is all I wish; having you there. By my side, like you were last time. However, this time I shall not cry out of pain and sorrow. I promise that I will cry out of happiness now. Please come and join us. It would be amazing to see you again... I have missed you so much, my dear brother. And I will love you always. (Even if you do not attend our ceremony.)

Love,
Shen Mirae

P.S I am sorry I did not inform you on beforehand: I am no longer Kim Ra Hael and will not respond to this name anymore. My new name is Shen Mirae. And I am married to Shen Luhan.

I am sorry. D.S

“Shen?? What the hell?!” I shouted, rising up from my chair with such haste that it flew back into the wall. Arisa shrieked, but I couldn’t care about that now. I had to know what this new name was, where it came from and why Mirae had done such an unthinkable thing! I rushed out of my office and stomped into my vice president’s office. “Mr Jung! Contact my father immediately!” I commanded furiously, making the vice president shoot up high due to fright.

“Of course, Mr Kim! Right away.” He fumbled with the telephone and called my father. I waited impatiently in front of his desk with my arms crossed over my chest and an intense glare. I listened as Mr Jung spoke to my father’s assistant and then he handed me the telephone. I took it, put it to my ear and heard my father’s voice.

“Jongin? What is it? Is everything well?”

“Father, I need to know: why did Mirae change her name? I got a letter this morning saying that her name is not Ra Hael anymore, it is just Mirae! And she has got a new last name too! What is that about? Why have you not stopped it?” I asked.

“Because I did not know.” I froze. My parents didn’t know? How could that be? “I have not spoken to Mirae since... we met her at the courthouse. Your mother saw her a few days after you left too. She told your mother she would officially move out and brought all her things with her. But I had no idea she had changed her name.” I heaved out a deep sigh, covering my face with one hand in shame.

“Forgive me, father. I did not know she had moved out.”

“What is her name? Is she still with that little brat who knows nothing of family honour or loyalty?” I could sense the hatred and disgust in my father’s voice. It sounded as though he spoke of an animal rather than a human being, who just so happened to also be his son-in-law.

“Shen Mirae,” I shortly replied.

“Shen... Mirae,” my father slowly repeated. He kept repeating it a couple of more times, raising his voice each time he uttered it. “I thought she would come crawling back when you had left! Why hasn’t she come crawling back to her parents?! We are the ones she should show some respect! Not that Lu Han! I don’t care how much she thinks she loves him! I will never give them my blessing and neither shall you, my son! Do you hear me? Never. Don’t speak another word to your sister for she is not of our blood any

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter