Chapter 7

Compelled to Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author’s POV

“Mirae, are you ready to go to school?” Jongin asked. Mirae opened the door to her room, nodding. “Okay, let’s go.” Mirae nodded again and walked out after Jongin, down to his car and they drove to their school. It had gone two days since Mirae had set foot in this school, and since the incident with Luhan had made several nightmares disturb her nights. Jongin, being the kind brother as always, stayed home with her, taking care of her and trying his best to make her feel secure enough to go to school again. Mi Song met them in the parking lot and, upon Jongin’s request, promised to never leave Mirae on her own. “Take care of her, Miso,” Jongin whispered to Mi Song who nodded and walked after Mirae inside. Jongin headed the other way, going to his own lesson. He actually hoped that he’d see Luhan today so that he could keep a watchful eye on him. Meanwhile, Mirae and Mi Song got to class and sat down on their seats.

“Mirae? Are you all right?” Mi Song carefully asked her friend. Mirae stared out through the window, not taking much notice of her friend whatsoever, either that or just ignoring the question because she didn’t want to answer it. Mi Song sighed. She decided to leave Mirae alone to her thoughts for a while and took out her books, placing them on the table with a light thud. They only had four lessons today, thankfully. The teacher entered the classroom, calling each of the students’ names as she wrote things on the whiteboard.

“Here,” Mirae replied when her name had been called. Almost instantly, Mirae and Mi Song became aware that a fuss built up in the classroom, among their classmates. A worry that her fiancé already had spread the word about their engagement drowned Mirae in a millisecond. Could Luhan really have told someone already? Just to get on her nerves or to get on Jongin’s? Mirae wasn’t sure. Maybe he wants the whole school to know so that he can brag about it... Not that it would be anything to brag about. I’m not really a special girl in any way. It must have to do something with Jongin. Otherwise he wouldn’t have cared. It’s not me who he’s desperate to annoy and make life a hell for, it can’t be me alone. He doesn’t like Jongin because my brother has it all, just like him and he hates concurrence. That must be it! It’s gotta be it!

“Mirae! Are you coming or not?” Mirae snapped out of her thoughts and looked up at Mi Song who had packed her bag long ago.

“What?” she asked confused. Mirae turned her head, realising that they were the only ones left in the classroom. Was the lesson over? “Oh,” she said. She picked up her bag and together with Mi Song went to their next class. Relieved that her next class was song, Mirae could finally relax a bit more. She liked having three hours of just singing in the choir and then go off with a teacher to have her individual class. While she had her individual singing class, Mi Song had math. A subject no one around school was really fond of, even though the teacher was okay. During her singing class, Mirae could dream that the song she sang was about her. The song, which was one of the Kpop princesses Ailee’s songs ‘Heaven’, was perfect for Mirae to sing right now. Though afterwards she felt a little sad. The song was after all about a girl knowing that her boyfriend made her life feel like heaven all the time. If only Mirae had been that fortunate...

She thanked her teacher and walked to meet Mi Song outside her classroom. Apparently, Mi Song and the other students had gotten back their tests and Mi Song did not look happy whatsoever. “Didn’t it go well?” Mirae wondered as they started walking down to the cafeteria.

“No. I got a goddamn E. Again,” Mi Song replied.

“Oh... But... It’s just one test Miso! It doesn’t decide your entire future!” Mirae tried to cheer her friend up. “You’ll do better next time then,” she encouraged. Mi Song puffed out some air, making her bangs fly to the front of her face. She bitterly pushed it out of her face, sighing.

“I’m not hungry, Mirae. I think I’ll just go leave my books and take a walk or something.”

“Okay, see you later in social studies then?” Mirae asked. Mi Song shortly nodded and walked away. She passed her locker to leave her books in it and then she went out on the courtyard. When Mi Song felt sad, she always went to a special little place on the courtyard, a place that rarely anyone visited besides her, that she knew of. She sat down on the bench and stared down at her grade. It annoyed he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter