Chapter 39

Compelled to Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author’s POV

“Oppa! Your phone is ringing,” Mi Song said. She put Jongin’s phone on his face; he groaned. “It’s Mirae.” Mi Song got up from the couch, leaving the half sleeping Jongin on it.

“Hello?” Jongin answered the phone. Mi Song went into the bathroom. She removed the smooched out makeup from her eyes and returned to the living room afterwards. Jongin had a sceptic expression on his face. “He what?” he questioned.

“What’s she saying?” Mi Song asked curiously, sitting back down on the couch next to Jongin. He moved the phone from his ear and placed it between them, putting on the speaker. “Hi, Mirae!” Mi Song greeted.

“Oh... Hi, Miso. How are you?”

“I’m good. How are you?”

“I’m great!” Mirae replied. “I was just telling Jongin something amazing that’s happened!” Mi Song looked up at Jongin who gave her a certain look; he was very sceptic now.

“Yeah? What’s that?” Mi Song wondered.

“Luhan has changed!” Mirae exclaimed happily. Mi Song raised a brow while Jongin gave her an ‘I told you so’-glance. “I mean it. For real, guys, he’s changed. He asked me for forgiveness and for a new start. He’s even made up with his best friend from before high school and he’s told me why he’s been acting the way he has. I know you don’t think one apology is enough but he has asked for it more than once. He cried while apologising! Please, believe me. Jongin oppa, please?”

“Mirae, what makes you think it’s real? He could be fooling you,” Jongin responded seriously. Mi Song sighed. This thing with Mirae was getting frustrating lately. Everything had to do with her and nothing else.

“Because right now he’s gone grocery shopping. And he’s taken the couch and is sleeping there out of respect. He told me he wasn’t going to sleep in the bed until I wanted it. I don’t know when or if that’s going to be but it’s really nice, isn’t it? He’s making the dinner tonight as well. I’m telling you, it’s not an act. He’s much happier around me and his friend, Sehun, too. And oh, he kicked out Kris and Tao! That must be enough,” Mirae informed us.

“It’s not. How do you know his friend isn’t with him on it? You’re coming home right now or else I’ll come get you,” Jongin told Mirae.

“Come on, oppa. Give him a chance. I did.”

“Yes, that’s what’s worrying me,” Jongin responded. Mi Song sighed. Couldn’t Jongin stop worrying about Mirae for one second? Jongin turned off the speaker and got up. Mi Song guessed that he wanted to talk to his sister alone. Mi Song sat down with her arms crossed, waiting for Jongin to come back. She was going to confront him as soon as he was back. She was really tired of listening to Mirae’s problems with Luhan now. It had gotten out of hand, Mi Song thought. Plus it didn’t sound like Mirae was changing her mind concerning Luhan either. Mi Song had asked her friend before if she had a crush on him; she had answered no, but Mi Song wasn’t convinced anymore. Only someone in love would be stupid enough to overlook the bad things about another person. Mi Song recognised the feeling of sacrifice when you loved someone – a bad relationship in seventh grade had taught her that. After a while, Jongin came back. He ruffled his hair roughly and fell down on the couch, groaning.

“What did she say?” Mi Song wondered.

“She hung up and turned off her phone, again! I swear to God, I’m going to lash out on her soon. Why is she so blind and gullible? She cannot fall in love with that bastard. He’ll just take advantage of it. And then she’ll come to me crying and I’ll have to comfort her and tell her it’s going to be all right and stuff like that. And this thing with my father is taking so much time as well!” Jongin groaned again, hitting the pillow next to him. Mi Song looked at him with a watchful eye.

“When are you going to start caring about me?” she asked. Jongin turned his head to her.

“What?”

“You heard me. All you’ve talked about lately is Mirae or your family. Okay, I get it. It’s stupid of Mirae to fall for Luhan’s tricks when it’s obvious he’s going to hurt her one way or the other, but come on! We’ve tried! She won’t listen, the situation with your family won’t change, get over it!” Mi Song exclaimed upset. Jongin scowled at her.

“What are you talking about?”

“You know what? Never mind. It’s nothing. I’m just a bit tense, that’s all. I’m going to bed now, so you can go home if you want,” Mi Song said.

“Why would I want that? Are you sure you’re not

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter