Chapter 25

Compelled to Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author’s POV

After a few more hours, when all the formalities were done for, and Mirae and Luhan didn’t have to be together anymore, they decided to avoid each other. Mirae danced with Jongin and Mi Song on one end of the room, while Luhan sat and talked with Kris and Tao on the other end – then he danced with his mother too. It was not until around eleven o’clock that Luhan’s mother pulled him aside and told him that it was time for him and Mirae to go. Luhan sighed, but bid his goodbyes to his mother and then went to get Mirae. “What? Already?” Mirae asked disappointed, with an undertone of sadness.

“Yes, now. Our plane leaves in an hour so we have to get going. Say bye and come,” Luhan ordered. Mirae turned to Jongin and Mi Song. All three of them hugged hard and then she went to say goodbye to Mrs Lu and her parents, before she followed after Luhan outside where it waited a car. Thankfully, Mirae had already changed into a more comfortable dress; a purple, knee-long dress over which she wore a cardigan. She got inside the car, sitting down on the seat closest to the window. Luhan shortly followed and then two people who Mirae prayed wouldn’t come along got in as well: Tao and Kris.

“Hello, gorgeous. You don’t mind that we come with you on your honeymoon do you?” Kris said, winking at Mirae. She ignored him, looking out the window. “Aw, we have a little party pooper with us, huh?”

“Ah we can live her up, don’t you think Luhan?” Tao nudged Luhan.

“Nah, we’ll leave her alone for now. There’s no point in boring her before we’ve even gotten to China.” Luhan waved them off. Mirae glanced at him surprised. “Don’t thank me, honey. You’ve got nothing for it. I’m not saying that to be kind,” Luhan snapped at her. Mirae bit her tongue to contain her anger. It was unbelievable how easy Luhan could ruin any good thoughts she’d had about him with a few words.

The ride to the airport was lively and loud – way too loud for Mirae – since Luhan, Tao and Kris had hidden beer in Tao’s bag, and were now drinking that at a rapid pace. When they finally arrived, Mirae almost jumped out of the car, starting to walk ahead of the guys immediately. “Babe, where are you going?” Kris shouted after her.

“Yeah, wait for your husband!” Luhan joined in. “Baby!” Mirae got inside the airport and searched for the way. She almost panicked upon realising that there was no way she could walk ahead of Luhan; he was the one who knew where they were going. She stood in the middle of the entrance, looking around herself. “Aw, has my little princess lost her way?” Luhan cooed while wrapping an arm around Mirae’s shoulders. She tried to remove his hand, but Luhan had a steady grip. “Don’t be so damn hard-to-get, dear. You’ll just annoy me.”

“I can hold your hand, but you’re not having your arm around me,” Mirae responded strictly. Luhan rolled his eyes.

“Fine.” He grabbed her hand as they began walking. They walked outside and met someone that Luhan must’ve known, at least they both spoke Chinese, and the man led them to an airplane that stood all by itself on the runway. “Oh, there’s our plane. Wow, mom must’ve managed to convince dad to let us use the big one,” Luhan said, bragging away according to Mirae.

“Awesome! I’ve always loved your planes,” Tao exclaimed. He was slightly intoxicated by the alcohol, so were Kris and Luhan, although not as much. Not even in her dreams could Mirae have imagined that Luhan’s family was rich enough to own not one but two airplanes. She got more amazed upon actually walking inside the airplane too, seeing the four big seats, the tables, a way into a big bathroom, a TV with videogames and a small refrigerator. The three boys headed for the refrigerator the first thing they did, taking out all sorts of alcohol from it. Meanwhile, Mirae sat down in her chair. She had no interest in alcohol, whatsoever.

“Where are we going when we get to China then? Which club do we begin with?” Kris asked as he slumped down in his chair. Luhan and Tao sat down in their chairs as well, both thinking about their options.

“Hm, what about...” Tao began.

“Luhan, can you take me home first?” Mirae spoke up. Luhan turned to her. “I’ve never been to that part of China, so I don’t know where any-”

“Yeah, yeah, I get it. I’ll take you home first. Happy?” Luhan waved her off nonchalantly.

“Thanks,” she mumbled. Mirae watched as the three boys drank what basically filled the small refrigerator and then they all decided to play video games for the rest of the flight. Mirae, however, could barely keep her eyes open, so she fell asleep and wasn’t woken up until they had landed, by one of the flight attendants, and realised the guys had gotten off without her. She grabbed her stuff and rushed out of the airplane. “Where are they?” Mirae looked around the landing-strip in search of Luhan, Kris and Tao. The panic rose within her upon realising they could have left the airport. She had been in China for a maximum of twenty minutes and she desired nothing more but to go home to her safe house, drinking a cup of tea and hang out with Mi Song and Jongin. Suddenly, she saw three figures through one of the large doors, and thinking it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter