Chapter 62

Compelled to Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author’s POV

The following morning, Mirae woke up by the small rays of sunlight that squeezed their way through the closed curtains. There was no annoying alarm that informed her it was time to get ready for school, luckily. She inhaled some fresh air and opened her eyes. Luhan’s white shirt had wrinkled during the night, although he lay in the same position. She wondered if he was awake and decided to inch closer and let her nose press against his back. Suddenly, she heard him murmur, “You awake?” She smiled and nodded into his back. He chuckled quietly then turned his whole body around to face her. The first thing Mirae noticed was that Luhan’s hair was a complete mess, and she wondered how long it took for him to fix that every morning. Does it take longer than fixing my own hair? It took quite long for Mirae to notice that her eyes had stuck at Luhan’s mess of a hair and failed to see his raised eyebrow and slightly amused grin. “What are you staring at?” he asked and chuckled. Mirae lowered her head and focused on the white fabric of the sheets instead, blushing away like never before.

“I just wondered …” she trailed, making small circles with her fingers on the sheets. “… Does it take long for you to do your hair in the morning?” She looked up, pressing her lips together. Luhan stared at her incredulously, though thankfully still amused.

“It takes about half an hour, sometimes less if I’m quick,” he responded politely, like it was no big deal at all. Mirae lowered her gaze again and bit her lip shyly. She didn’t remember asking Luhan to sleep next to her, but now it felt natural and comfortable to have him close. And she enjoyed his company; waking up next to him and seeing that funny hair. Is this how it’s going to be? Every morning from hereon forth? Can I live with this? She felt Luhan observing her thoroughly. Is he thinking the same as me? Their eyes met and Mirae saw that: yes, he was thinking the exact same thing as her. And the smile on his face suggested that he liked the idea of a future like this too. She sent him a smile in return. “I can definitely wake up like this...” Luhan whispered softly. Before Mirae had time to think, Luhan had bent forward – his body supported by his right elbow – and pressed his lips onto hers. The kiss was slow, even slower than Mirae wanted it too be: painfully slow. But she decided to be patient and let Luhan take more of the control. Unexpectedly, Mirae felt his lips leave hers. Her eyes shot open and saw that he was already half way up from the bed. There were only two things  she could think of doing: grab his hand and pull him back down or let him get up. The choice was easy and within a tenth part of a second, Mirae’s hand gripped around Luhan’s thin wrist and pulled him down with pretty much all of her strength. The result caused both their cheeks to blaze up into a bright red colour; Mirae stared up at Luhan who now lay on top of her. It had happened once before, but this time it was on their terms and the situation was up-side-down turned over.

“S-sorry,” Mirae stuttered. Luhan lifted his hand, gently brushing her hair and gave her a peck on the lips, then sat up beside her.

Entertained by her confusion he said: “I was right, you have definitely not experienced anything this intimate.” Mirae gaped and reach for a pillow, which she forcefully hit him with. Luhan laughed and held up his hands in defence.

“What the hell is that supposed to mean?!” Mirae yelled.

“Well stop hitting me and let me explain!” Luhan laughed. She glared, although forced herself from continuing the hitting.

“Fine. Explain what you meant,” she muttered through her gritted teeth. Luhan just kept smiling. He took the pillow from her and got out of bed. Then he casually walked over to the mirror and, acting like nothing at all had happened, started fixing his hair. Mirae felt perplexed and tormented by such a nonchalant gesture from his side. This got her out of bed herself and pull Luhan by his arm, forcing him to look at her. By now, his smile got her more worked up than happy. She pointed an accusing finger at his chest and snorted out each word. “You. Stupid. Damn. Arrogant. Idiotic. Just...mean! And completely … DUMB! BOY!”

“Well that didn’t sound too coherent,” Luhan teased. Mirae felt ready to pull her hair or punch Luhan in the face. And that must’ve showed too, because Luhan’s hand flew up in defence. “Okay, okay! I’ll explain myself! I only meant to say that you are …”

“WHAT?!” she demanded loudly. Luhan cocked his head and looked at her.

“You’re more innocent than any girl I’ve ever been with,” he finally said. “It shows on how careful and caring you are. You clearly thought your impulsive action was crossing the line,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter