Chapter 15

Compelled to Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author’s POV

“ing hell!” Luhan shouted upon being awakened by the aggravating sound of his cell-phone. He reached for the phone and yelled a loud, “What!” in the speaker.

“Whoa, man! It’s me. Did I wake you up or something?” a familiar voice replied. Luhan sat up with a raised eyebrow and his free hand in his hair.

“Kris? Is that you?” he asked.

“Yeah, dude! Don’t you recognise my voice? Has Korea made you stupider than before?” Kris joked. Luhan chuckled and could hear a familiar laugh in the background.

“Is Tao there too?” he wondered, getting up from his bed.

“Yeah... You wanted us to call, didn’t you? And we want to talk to you. Have you met your future wife yet? Is she able and hot? Or ugly, in which case I don’t envy your stupid a single bit,” Kris said. Luhan chuckled again. It was true. He’d been wanting to talk to his two best friends for a while now. They had been a badass gang when he still lived in China.

“Nah, she’s kind of hot. Definitely able, though not like the girls I used to have. I’m way out of her league but, oh well, if this is what my idiotic father wants then I’ll just go with it. I could always cheat if she refuses me. But who’d do that anyway?” Luhan spoke absentmindedly while he walked inside the bathroom. He stood in front of the mirror, checking out his quite toned body and handsome face. He fixed his bed-head slightly by ruffling it then let out a sigh. “Ah, I’m too handsome for my own good.” He could hear Kris burst out in laughter in the phone. “What? You know I am. Everyone except my future wife seems to know that...” he muttered.

“You’ll have to show her then,” Tao cut in.

“Mm, I’ll do that. You’re not going to believe where she is right now...”

“Where?” both of his friends asked in unison.

“Beijing... With my mother. She wanted to bond with her daughter-in-law,” Luhan explained, mimicking his mother’s voice. “Bull... She wants to keep Mirae away from me. That’s the only reason, I swear. She doesn’t trust that I will be a good husband.”

“Ha, you won’t,” Kris pointed out.

“Is Mirae her name? Sounds like a five year old. Are you sure she’s old enough to get married?” Tao commented, letting out a scoff.

“Nah, but she doesn’t have to know that,” Luhan said to Kris then answered Tao’s question. “Her real name is Ra Hael. Mirae is her nickname... Given to her by her son-of-a- brother.” Luhan tilted his head to the side, opening his mouth a little bit. “Hm, I wonder what she would respond if she saw me like this,” he spoke his thoughts out loud.

“Depends on what you’re wearing and what you look like,” Kris retorted carelessly.

“Mm... I’m in my favourite boxers. You know, the black ones with the red lining. I think she’d like them, don’t you agree?”

“Heh, yeah. I think she’d like that. You should surprise her by wearing them on your wedding night.” Luhan smirked, liking his idea a lot.

“Absolutely... I don’t think I’ll get any though. The girl is a . Haven’t dealt with them so much in the past so I’m not sure how to handle them. Not that I care about her, but I wouldn’t want my mother to know if I accidentally hurt her. Even though I’d kill the girl if she’s one of those es who kiss and tell.” Luhan made his way back to the bedroom again, sitting down on the bed. He leaned back on his free arm, resting it comfortably on the bed.

“Whatever, dude. Don’t become a softy because of that. Just make her shut up. Scare her if you have to. If she fears you, she’ll obey you,” Tao said.

“That’s true. Ah, I’ll solve it. Don’t worry about that. Girls are my specialty. But hey, I’m just wondering when you’ll get here? You’re coming to the wedding, right? It’d be fun if you could stay over the summer vacations too. We could control this city like we did in Beijing. That’d be awesome,” Luhan said, smirking at the memories that popped up in his mind.

“I believe that could be arranged. I’d love to meet that girl of yours. We could definitely use some old times fun,” Kris agreed.

“And play a little with Ra Hael,” Tao added teasingly.

“Then it’s settled. Text me when you have a date for when you can get here. I gotta go get ready for school. I think I’m going to use this time without Ra Hael around to turn the school upside down... Wish me luck.”

“Like you need luck. You’re a ing force of nature,” Tao laughed.

“Hah, you’re so right, Tao. Ah well, gotta go. Bye losers,” Luhan said and hung up the call. He threw his phone on the bed then made hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter