Chapter 32

Compelled to Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Luhan’s POV

I opened my eyes as I felt something vibrate in my pocket: it was my phone. Lousily and rather slowly, I brought it out of my pocket. I couldn’t see who the caller was since my eyes hadn’t adapted to the strong light in the bathroom. “Hello?” I answered.

“Hi...Luhan. It’s me, Mirae.” Mirae? Why’s she calling me? Ow, my goddamn head...

“What do you want?” I whined, feeling the wound on my hand at the same time. It seemed like all the pain had come now that I was somewhat sober again and wasn’t half-dead.

“I... I just wanted to tell you that I’m coming back... I’m at the airport now, but I need the address, so that I can take a cab.”

“Aha...Chaoyang district, Grand Hills... number 88,” I replied tiredly.

“Thanks. Bye,” Mirae said and hung up the call. I let my hand fall down to the floor. I was in way too much pain to even care about why that crazy girl had come back to this mental house. Suddenly, I remembered what I had said before I had fallen asleep.

“Ah, !” I yelled out. “How could I forget that I don’t want her anywhere near me right now? Or ever. Okay, calm the hell down, Luhan. Nothing’s going to happen. You’re not even in love with her, it was the alcohol talking. Don’t be an idiot. Just act normal.” I heaved myself up on my elbows. I whimpered due to the pain in my head, my hand and pretty much in my whole body. I rolled over and sat up on my knees, having my head lowered. Though I felt nauseous, there was no way I was allowing myself to throw up again. I got up carefully, holding onto the sink for support. In an attempt to reach for the light, I accidently stood up too quickly and within two seconds my head spun around like crazy. Not only that, there was blood on the floor, causing me to slip and fall out through the door and land on the floor in my room. I let out a loud groan in pain. “Mothering !” I cursed. Even though I had fallen on my stomach and managed to block the fall with my hands a bit, I had just become painfully aware of how much my private area hurt. “I’m not standing up again,” I muttered annoyed while I crawled out into the living and up on the couch where I lay down like some boneless fish. As if it couldn’t have come more ill-timed, there was a knock on the door. “Open the ing door yourself!” I shouted loudly. I lifted my head a tiny bit to see Mirae walk inside. She closed the door.

“Hi,” she said quietly. I rolled my eyes at her. Really? A weak ‘Hi’? I closed my eyes and tried to concentrate on my headache, along with every other ache I had in my body. I could hear Mirae pull her bag into our bedroom and apparently she just left it there without unpacking because then I heard how her footsteps got closer, stopping right beside me.

I sighed heavily. “What?”

“I... I just wanted to thank you. For real, I mean. Both for the thing that happened with Tao and for driving me t-”

“Yes, yes. Whatever, you’re welcome. But if you left, then may I ask why the hell you came back? Didn’t you like it with your lovely big brother and wonderful best friend?” I said in a sarcastic tone.

“I-I...” Mirae stuttered out. I opened my eyes and used the last of my strength to sit up – though I made it look effortless.

“Spit it out.”

“I just didn’t want to be there.” I felt like hitting her. Did she think I was stupid or something? Mirae bit her lip. “I mean, we had a fight. So, that’s why I came back. I didn’t want to live with Mi Song and I couldn’t go home since my mother and father cannot know I went away. So I decided to come back here.”

“Wow, you aren’t even a little stupid are you? Fine, stay here then. But a tip, stay away from Kris and Tao. Next time I won’t step in between you.”

“I understand.”

“Great, now get out of my sight. I need to rest.” I brought up my hand to my forehead. “God, my head is killing me. And you’re not helping, princess. Get. Out. Of. My-”

“You’re hurt...” Mirae pointed out. I growled.

“Tell me something I don’t ing know! Let me be alone! I don’t need or want your help, all right?! GO!” I shouted in the direction where she stood, only to realise that she wasn’t there anymore. I sighed. “Finally.”

“Give me your hand,” a soft voice said next to my head. I flew up on my feet.

“Oh my fu- Ah!” I sat down again. Mirae stood still on the same spot, looking at me. What was with her?

“Please, Luhan. It’ll get infected...”

“Since when do you care?” I snarled. “You’d be free from me if I died, why prevent it?”

“I’m not a kill

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter