Chapter 17

Compelled to Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author’s POV

Mi Song felt her phone vibrate in her jeans pocket and didn’t even have to check who it was; she knew it was Jongin who texted that he was outside. She instantly grabbed her handbag, her jeans jacket and skipped out through the door. She easily recognised Jongin’s car and nearly ran down to hit, waving happily. “Hi, jagiya!”

“Hi, sweetie! Ready for our date?” Jongin asked. Mi Song got into the car, nodding. Jongin kissed her cheek. “Good. I have something fun planned that I think you’ll like. By the way, you look beautiful.”

“Thanks. Can’t wait to see what you’ve planned for us! It’s been a while since our last date...” Mi Song said. Jongin pouted a little.

“Mm, I know. I’m sorry.”

“Oh, no. I’m not blaming you. I know it’s been a lot recently. A lot of worry and things like that. Stress in school... But let’s think positively instead! We’re going on a date now, so let’s enjoy ourselves,” Mi Song said, smiling widely. Jongin chuckled at her cuteness.

“Definitely.” As they drove off, the two of them talked more casually, laughing and joking with one another. Soon, they arrived to the big aquarium and Mi Song skipped to the entrance, holding up the door. Jongin chuckled. “Shouldn’t I be the one to hold up the door?”

Mi Song shook her head. “Nope. I’m not that kind of girl. I take care of my boyfriend as much as he takes care of me.” Jongin leaned forward, pecking her cheek.

“I like that,” he whispered, winking charmingly at her. He continued inside while Mi Song felt her cheeks get red. Once she’d stepped in too, Jongin had paid for their visit and grabbed her hand. “Let’s go!” he exclaimed happily.

The aquarium was divided into five different sections. Starting with the smaller creatures, such as frogs and lizards. A section that Mi Song found very interesting and funny, but that her boyfriend almost went into shock seeing. Jongin glared at the frogs in different colours. It said that most of them were poisonous, making them things Jongin liked to have on a safe distance. In the meantime, Mi Song walked up to each of the small glass boxes, observing and uttering words of sweetness towards the reptiles. Though he found the reptiles rather repulsing, Jongin couldn’t help but smile at Mi Song’s adorable behaviour. She talked to the little frogs like they were her friends, saying that they shouldn’t be in here: they belonged in the wild with their friends and families. Jongin figured that this would take some time, so he found a place where he could sit down and just enjoy the moment. In secret, Jongin even snapped a few photos, since Mi Song wasn’t fond of being on photo. One even turned out so beautiful that Jongin changed it to his background. He smiled at the picture, then he sighed. Why did everything have to be so complicated? Jongin had so much going on his life that he rarely spent time with Mi Song. They saw each other in school, yes. Now more than ever after the thing with Luhan had happened. Jongin felt his blood boil at the mere thought of Luhan. How dared he hurt the people Jongin loved the most? He knew he couldn’t do anything about Mirae now, and that she – for now – was safe with Mrs Lu, but to scare Mi Song then? It was unforgivable. Jongin ran his fingers through his hair. I shouldn’t think about that today. It’ll get me in a bad mood. He closed his eyes, pictured himself with Mirae and Mi Song in their summer house. The three of them lay on the beach, absorbing the warm sun and hearing the ocean’s waves. Jongin opened his eyes. Upon doing so, he met Mi Song’s curious brown eyes. “What are you doing?” she wondered. Her bright eyes lit a small candle in Jongin’s stressed heart. It warmed it up, melted it.

“I’m thinking about you. Are you done talking to the frogs now?” he , sticking out his tongue at her. He knew she’d pout in annoyance.

“Don’t mock me. It’s a hobby I have. Deal with it,” she replied. “Yes, I am done. We can continue to the next room.” Jongin got up and followed her into the next section. Here, there were larger reptiles and also arachnids. Jongin hated spiders. You could say it was a phobia, though not even that would be strong enough for Jongin. He had explain it as an allergy. Incurable, obviously. Mi Song, on the other hand, ran inside. She loved exploring arachnids and serpents. Serpents were one of her favourite animals. They were so cute, according to her. “Aw, aren’t they adorable?” she cooed, pointing at a green boa. Jongin turned his head away.

“Mm... Super cute. Can we please go into the next room? I can’t stand spiders of any kind...” he mumbled, staring at a big, hairy tarantula. Jongin was quite proud, normally. However, this was not one of those times where he felt like he needed to be proud. Without waiting for Mi Song’s reply, he hur

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter