Chapter 57

Compelled to Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mirae’s POV

“Ms Kim, you may leave the hospital now. We have no more reason to keep you here,” the doctor informed me three days after I had woken up on a hospital bed with bruises all over my body and feeling all alone in the world. I gave him a short bow before I marched out of that horrible and stinking place. I was furious because no one so far had let me contact Luhan or told me what was happening. I knew they hadn’t let him go yet, and therefore I was going to take care of that myself. The family car waited for me outside the hospital entrance and since I had no time to lose, I jumped in and ordered him to drive me to the police station. During the car ride, I applied some thin makeup and fixed my hair in a tight bun. If I was going to face my parents or Jongin then I needed to look like I meant business. I felt determined to solve this, either by myself or with Luhan’s help.

“We’re here, Ms Kim...” the driver informed me upon pulling up by the building that was the police station where I had found out from Sehun Luhan was being kept.

“Wait here,” I ordered then headed inside, walking up to the receptionist. I leaned forward over the counter.

“Excuse me? I’m looking for Mr Lu. Is he here?” I inquired in a polite but firm and confident tone. The policeman lifted his head before looking down at his computer. He looked like the typical clumsy cup, who hasn’t got a clue of what he’s doing, so after waiting a while I asked again, “Is Mr Lu Han here? He’s supposed to be in a hearing or something like that. Where is he? He’s my husband and I-”

“I’m sorry, Miss. He’s been brought to court already. They left an hour ago or so.”

“COURT?!” I yelled, my mouth gaping wide open. “WHAT?” I slammed my hands down in the counter and stormed out while dialling Jongin’s number, he didn’t respond. Dammit... What was I supposed to do now? I didn’t even know which court they were at, and would I even get in if I found it? I got back inside again, standing a bit further away from the police this time.

“Yes?”

“Do you know which court he’s been brought to? It’s urgent,” I demanded sincerely. I did my best to sound calm and grown up, but the panic inside was building up. What was Luhan doing in court and why hadn’t I found out? Shouldn’t I have been a witness if the case concerned that night? The police looked up the name of the court and I hurried back to the car. “The Supreme Court House! Please drive fast!” I requested. Even so, this ride took much longer because apparently, the court was located in a district on the other side of the whole city. I pondered on a big amount of questions and tried to call every possible person that might be able to explain everything to me. Despite my countless attempts to get a hold of someone, no one answered. Now I was beginning to worry, greatly. Could something have happened while I lay in the hospital, something that Luhan hadn’t told me because he couldn’t? If something did occur during that time, how serious was it? Where would it lead?

“Miss... we’re here,” the driver spoke, pulling over by the enormous building. I thanked him and got out. Running up the stairs to the door, I had merely one thought in my head: talk to Luhan. However, upon opening the door I encountered two people I wasn’t prepared to meet.

“Mirae!” Mi Song exclaimed, diving in for a tight hug. I quickly hugged her back, although mostly because I would have lost balance if I didn’t, and stared at Sehun who smiled at me.

“Sehun? Mi Song? What are you doing here? And more importantly, why haven’t either of you answered my calls?! Or told me there was going to be a freaking trial today?” I questioned upset. I could see both of them search for their phones and how they both blushed in shame. I wrinkled my nose in dislike. “You better have a good explanation and tell me what’s going on! Why is Luhan in a court house? Why is he in this humongous court house and why haven’t I been called as a witness if-”

“It’s not about that, Mirae,” Sehun interrupted. “It’s about money between him and his father. We were going to tell you, but we sort of forgot...” I blinked at him perplexedly.

“You forgot? What the hell, Sehun?!”

“I’m sorry! It just... I’ve been a bit busy these last three days...” He ‘discreetly’ nodded towards Mi Song who instantly got red in the face. I stared at the two of them. What??

“Has it happened something these three days when I lay in the hospital? I thought you didn’t like each other!?” Mi Song and Sehun bit their lips. “Oh my god... You’ll have to tell me about this later. Right now, I need to get inside that damn court room.” I pushed my way through them and continued up the stairs. Mi Song and Sehun? Where in the world has that combination formed? I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter