Chapter 48

Compelled to Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author’s POV

The large wooden door felt even more intimidating up-close for Mi Song, now that she stood in front of it. She hadn’t fully realised how big Luhan’s and Mirae’s house was, until now. She didn’t want to knock on the door; she didn’t want to face the two reasons for her breakup. Mi Song clenched her fists hard. What choice did she have? If Mirae didn’t talk to Jongin, and made him change his mind about her relationship with Luhan, then who would do it? Mi Song couldn’t face him, it was impossible for her. She took a deep breath. “Just do it.” The three knocks weren’t very loud, so Mi Song secretly hoped that no one had heard them. “Hm, I guess they’re not home!” she convinced herself and headed down the steps.

“Yes?” a voice answered the door. Mi Song froze. “Hello? Can I help you?” Due to the lack of recognition of the voice, Mi Song decided to check who it was that had opened. Maybe this wasn’t the right house to start with? In the doorway it stood a boy, not much older than her, Mi Song guessed. The blond boy looked at Mi Song with curiosity, surely wondering who she was. His hair was styled to go in a wave upwards, something Mi Song just seemed to have a certain fondness of. She cleared awkwardly.

“Uh, yes. I’m seeking Ra Hael, is she at home?” she asked.

“No, she isn’t. Who are you?”

“Mi Song. I’m her friend,” Mi Song replied. The boy’s eyebrows rose up and he looked happy. Suddenly he stood aside and waved her in.

“Do you want to come in?” Mi Song bit her lip. Why would she walk in if the person she sought wasn’t there?

“When’s Mirae coming home?”

“Hard to say. She’s out on a date with Luhan.” Mi Song’s eyes widened. The boy smiled. “Come in and I’ll explain everything to you. I’m not dangerous, promise. My name is Oh Sehun and I’m Luhan’s best friend. The good one... Hehe,” Sehun introduced himself. “Mirae has told me about you, how much you matter to her and so on. But come in, I have cupcakes in the oven that I need to guard.” Sehun walked inside, leaving the door open behind him. Mi Song glanced after him. Cupcakes? A guy who bakes cupcakes? Cute too? Is he gay? she wondered bluntly. After going back and forth in her head, Mi Song finally decided to see more of the magnificent house. She took off her shoes, closed the door and looked around. “Oh, you’re here. Great. Follow me.” Mi Song followed Sehun into the kitchen. “Sit,” he told her. Mi Song did as told, slumping down on the chair and watched as Sehun took out the cupcakes.

“They smell good,” she carefully complimented. Sehun chuckled.

“Thanks. Luhan asked me to make some for later. They’re going on a picnic later today, and so, he wanted to bring something delicious, which he knows I can make. But I’m not gay!” Sehun suddenly exclaimed. “Wow, that was rather stereotypically said of me. Oh well, I like to bake and I cannot do much about it.” Mi Song nodded stiffly, not sure if she believed him or stuck to her own opinion. “Anyway, you’re Mi Song, Mirae’s best friend. Is there anything you want to know? To start with I mean. I can tell you the most.” Sehun smiled gently in her direction whilst caring for the cupcakes.

“Aha... Eh...” Mi Song thought for a while. “Where are they?”

“Uh... They went to eat lunch at a restaurant that lies near the Han River, some place very extravagant. What’s it called? Hm. Oh right! Myungwolgwan!” Mi Song’s eyes shot open in astonishment. “You know what place I’m talking about?” Sehun wondered, judging her doubting expression.

“Yeah... It’s the most expensive restaurant in the entire city,” Mi Song mumbled.

“Oh, is it? Wow... But that’s good I guess. At least Luhan shows he’s really in love with her then,” Sehun said, speaking almost more to himself than to Mi Song. He instantly faced her. “If I’ve gotten this straight, you and Jongin aren’t too keen about their on-going relationship, right?” Mi Song shook her head. “Thought as much... May I ask why?”

“Because Luhan’s a ,” Mi Song simply replied. Sehun’s face turned to look a bit shocked.

“Oh... You’re very straightforward,” he pointed out. Mi Song nodded, making Sehun feel slightly uncomfortable.

“It’s true. He’s going to lure her in and make her trust him and then he’ll do something to her. I know that! And as her best friend I’ve tried to make her aware of it, but she’s not listening!” Mi Song sincerely informed Sehun. He stared at her incredulously.

“I’m not sure how to answer that, to be honest. I can

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter