Chapter 21

Compelled to Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author’s POV

“Aw, Ra Hael, you look absolutely perfect! Oh, I’ve got to take a photograph of you!” Mrs Kim exclaimed, disappearing to fetch a camera. Mirae tried her best to smile, although she still felt rather empty on the inside. Her tears were dried out after a whole week of crying and now it was only one day left before the big day. Her last day of freedom, literally. After tomorrow she’d belong to Luhan for however long their parents stayed alive, not to mention if she stayed alive. Mirae almost had her mind set on killing herself, which she knew would be horrible. There were two things stopping her from doing such a stupid thing: Jongin and Mi Song. Nothing else stood in her way, honestly. Mirae lowered her head, avoiding the mirror. One look in it and she’d most certainly throw up on the whole dress. Instead she concentrated on staring at a small crack in the floor, wondering what would happen if her mother discovered it? She will panic, so don’t say anything, Mirae reasoned with herself. “I found it!” Mirae lifted her head. Her mother came running with the camera in her hand. “Let’s see now. Smile for the camera, my dear,” she said. Mirae plastered a wide smile on her face.

“You’re so pretty. Like a real princess,” Mrs Lu complimented. Mirae forced a wider smile.

“Thank you, Mrs Lu. I feel like one.”

“There. I think that’s enough pictures. I’ll just go see how they came out on the computer.” Mrs Kim disappeared again.

“I’ll go see how the cookies are baking,” Mrs Lu said, leaving as well. Mirae nodded and waited until she was alone, then she let out a heavy sigh. She walked off the pedestal she stood on and sat down on the couch.

“How much of this can I take?”

“Well, you definitely look like you could use some fun!” Mirae swung around and almost screamed but a hand on stopped her. Mi Song hushed her. “Don’t spoil our plan, Mirae. Keep quiet and change into these clothes before Mrs Lu comes back, Jongin and I are hereby kidnapping you!” Mirae giggled and quickly got the wedding off of her and threw it on the couch, then she put on the other clothes and sneaked out with Mi Song. They ran around the corner where Jongin waited in his car, jumped in and drove off.

“Welcome to your bachelorette party, dear sister!” Jongin greeted happily. Mirae laughed.

“Then what are you doing here? There aren’t supposed to be any guys on a party like that,” she pointed out.

“Nope, but I have the wallet, so you kind of have to stick with me anyway,” Jongin replied, grinning. Mirae and Mi Song both laughed and sat back to enjoy the ride. Mirae smiled for real now, because what could be better than spending her last day in freedom with her best friend and big brother?

“Where are we going then, oppa?” Mirae asked, leaning forward.

“Secret.” He winked at her. “But I think you’ll understand sooner or later.” It looked like he gave Mi Song a cheeky smile too, like she knew as well. Mirae turned to Mi Song with a raised brow.

“I’m not telling you nothing, sweetheart,” she said. Mirae groaned.

“I wanna know!” she whined, sounding more cute than annoying. Jongin and Mi Song both shook their heads. The car drive took about forty minutes, and in the meantime the three of them listened to a number of songs they’d listened to a few years ago. When everything had been fine and they’d all been happy.

“We are here~” Mi Song cooed. Mirae looked out the window and she instantly recognised the place they had arrived at: she squealed in joy.

“Oh my god! We’re at Lotte World! Aw, I can’t believe you really took me here!” As soon as Jongin had stopped and parked the car, Mirae jumped out of it. Jongin and Mi Song soon followed, standing next to her.

“Yep! We wanted to give you a beautiful day...”

“...before I enter hell. That’s so sweet of you,” Mirae filled in the rest on Jongin’s sentence. He gave her a meaning look.

“I didn’t mean it like that.”

“I know. I just said it. Let’s go have some fun!” Mirae grabbed their hands and dragged them along forward, she wanted to get this afternoon started. When they arrived to the cue, Mirae picked up her phone. “Huh, I have twenty missed calls from mom.”

“So did I. I solved it by turning it off, which is the exactly what you’re going to do,” Jongin said, snatching her phone. “We’re only having fun today. Whatever our mother says, I’ll take the blame for it.” Mirae smiled and linked arms with him and Mi Song.

“Thanks guys.” They got inside the huge amusement park and started trying out different rides. Mirae, who loved roller coasters, insisted that they’d try all of them, down to the last little child’s ride. Neither Jongin nor Mi Song felt like disagreeing, so they followed Mirae’s lead. And after about three hours of going on different rides, Mirae, Jongin and Mi Song slumped down on a bench, munching on bowls of strawberry frosting.

“Thanks guys for this awesome day!” Mirae put a spoon full of frosting in . “I’ve needed a day like this. And frosting. It’s delicious.”

“I agree, it’s yummy,” Mi Song cooed.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter