Chapter 9

Compelled to Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mirae’s POV

I stared at Luhan: silent, thinking. I waited for my mother’s hard nudge in my back; it would force me to talk to him even though I didn’t want to. Luhan’s brown eyes couldn’t have been more repulsively looking to me. He wanted to be strong and superior, I knew that. Though I would never see him as that. In my eyes, he was just a spoiled brat who didn’t care about anyone else but himself. Out of nowhere – though like I had predicted – I felt the hard elbow in my back. I lost balance but quickly regained it before anyone had noticed. “It’s lovely to be here, Han,” I replied. Luhan winked and then faced the front again. I wanted to throw something at him, something sharp, maybe pointy.

“Well. Sit down, sit down,” Mrs Lu encouraged.

“Ra Hael, sit down next to Han,” my mother whispered, pushing me forward. Reluctantly and disgusted, I sat down beside my husband to be. Luhan turned into the ‘perfect son’ and moved closer to me. He kissed my cheek lightly and moved away again. I forced a shy smile onto my lips, making our mothers squeal in excitement.

“It’s really wonderful to have you here. And you’re becoming more beautiful every time we see you, Ra Hael,” Mrs Lu complimented. How could an idiot like Luhan have such a nice mother? Or was she also pretending?

“Thank you, Mrs Lu.”

She smiled at me and then turned to my mother. She gasped, “I’ve found the perfect church! Oh, I must show you! Han, you can take Ra Hael on a tour around the new house! She must be dying to see where you will live once you’ve married.” I held my breath. The new house? Luhan stood up.

“Of course, mother. My lady.” He held out his hand to me. Your acting won’t fool me... I thought, flashing a smile at him. I took his hand and he led me out of the room, back to the hallway where he let go. “You should’ve been an actress,” he muttered, walking out through the door. I held my tongue and quietly walked behind him. “There’s something I want you to remember when you walk inside the house later.”

“What’s that?” I asked in a shallow tone. Luhan stopped and glanced over his shoulder. His eyes had become cold now.

“It’s my house. And I don’t care if you’re my wife or not because you’ll still obey my rules. Okay, honey?” His cold, creepy smile sent chills down my spine. Luhan wasn’t much taller than me and probably not mentally capable of actually hurting me, nonetheless, it would be stupid of me to risk it.

“Got it,” I said through gritted teeth.

“Good girl. I think I will like living with you.” He laughed while continuing to walk. We reached his car, got in and drove some blocks away. I recognised this part of Seoul as the most expensive part, like most others did too. I didn’t know what to expect out of Luhan’s parents but it would probably be too big for me. “We’re here.” Luhan turned right, driving up on a driveway. The white house with grey roof made out of bricks would’ve been every girl’s dream house...if they’d been sharing it with someone they loved. But since I didn’t, I could only observe the beautiful nightmare come closer. Luhan parked the car outside the doors, and jumped out. “Come.”

“Have you been here before?” I asked. Luhan rolled his eyes at me, probably thinking my question was stupid. He opened the door and went inside without waiting for me. I sighed. “This will be a beautiful hell indeed...” From the first step inside the fresh, new house, I felt like throwing up on the polished, white tiled floor. The walls and the ceiling were white as well, with a comfortable light that shone from a rather pretty, yet antique, lamp. To the left was a clean kitchen with marble sinks and modern styled cupboards and a kitchen island in black marble. There was a door that from the kitchen led to the living room, looking just as nice as the kitchen with its modern furniture and bright light. Going from there was a smaller bathroom, a study room and a way out to the yard where a pool was.

“Hm, you’re looking unhappy. Are you a little spoiled, my princess? Isn’t this enough for your pretty and fixed nails?” Luhan mocked. I glared at him. “Let me show you around.” He took me around the rooms – showed me what would be my future, my life. Upstairs there was another, much larger bathroom with a bathtub at the size of a freaking Jacuzzi. “Like it, don’t you?” Luhan whispered, planting a quick kiss on my neck b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter